Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I'm strongly considering buying Toy Story and/or Toy Story 2 and/or A Bug's Life. I have a certain fondness for what Randy Newman did with these Pixar scores, but I haven't invested in the soundtracks yet.

I like those scores. At least I've always enjoyed them in the context of the film. The Infinity and Beyond scene where they fly on the rocket is a phenomenal "wow" moment. Also, 2 has a lot of fantastic material. The opening sequence and the finale almost inspired me to seek out the score. I really need to get those on Blu-ray.

Yeah, they're pretty cool. I bought the first cue from Toy Story 2 on iTunes back in the day - terrific opening to the film. There are a lot of moments from these scores that I remember from the films and suspect will be on the albums.

Same here. Randy Newman has a warm and wonderful style when it comes to Americana. So the Cowboy type music for Woody always sounds enticing. I think the CDs are pretty cheap, arent they?

Yeah, I find those scores to be rather underrated. There are some real standout moments in the first Toy Story, such as the little Western motive at Woody's entrance, the parachuting scene with the Green Army Men, the reveal of the inside of Pizza Planet, and the aforementioned climactic flying scene. There are also some really nice little themes, such as the theme introduced when the toys get up at the beginning, and the theme for the Mutants, which gets some good play time during the escape sequence. And beside the popular "You've Got a Friend in Me," I'm also rather fond of "I Will Go Sailing No More."

Ahhhh, what the heck, I bought all three. Would've been a true steal, too, if not for overseas shipping. Still...it was only about 18 bucks total. Not bad at all.

All 3? Is there a pressed disc out there for the third one?

New arrivals, not listened to any of them yet:

Goldsmith: The Edge (expanded)

Goldsmith: Angie

Howard: Dinosaur

Jarre: Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (complete)

North: Spartacus

North: A Streetcar Named Desires (Goldsmith cond.)

Plumeri: Mr. Atlas

Waxman: Rebecca (McNeely cond.)

Young: Bat 21

Currently on the way:

Goldsmith: Chain Reaction, First Knight, Poltergeist II, Innerspace, Mom and Dad save the World, Looney Tunes: Back in Action, Supergirl(Silva), Secret of Nimh, Hollow Man, Timeline, and the Omen Collection.

Silvestri-Eraser (LLL)

Debney- Hocus Pocus

Arnold: Tomorrow Never Dies (Expanded)

Picked up Islands in the Stream from a FSM member.

The guy who's selling his entire collection? Some higher force doesn't want me to win any of his bids. I bid on his Gojira, and I was on a road trip when the listing ended and I lost. I bid on Total Recall, Great Train Robbery, and King Solomon's Mines, and I lose power when the listing ends and I lost all 3.

Goldsmith: Angie

:baaa:

What?

Let's say the maestro seemed to be in a rather special mood when writing this. The main theme with the accordion always sounded like an american version of the dreaded 'Musikantenstadel' stuff you should know well enough from our local tv stations. Together with BAD Girls's main theme, this rates as 'shake your head in disbelief' Goldsmith.

Let's say the maestro seemed to be in a rather special mood when writing this. The main theme with the accordion always sounded like an american version of the dreaded 'Musikantenstadel' stuff you should know well enough from our local tv stations. Together with BAD Girls's main theme, this rates as 'shake your head in disbelief' Goldsmith.

It sounded nice enough on my first listen so far. For a $5 blind buy I'm definitely happy with it.

...and I *love* Bad Girls, at least the two tracks on the Box.

I really do like the Bad Girls score as well.

I concur about the RAMBO stuff, but Jerry's synclavier tunes really hit rock-bottom by the early 90's. The arrangement sounds just retarded.

Picked up Islands in the Stream from a FSM member.

The guy who's selling his entire collection? Some higher force doesn't want me to win any of his bids. I bid on his Gojira, and I was on a road trip when the listing ended and I lost. I bid on Total Recall, Great Train Robbery, and King Solomon's Mines, and I lose power when the listing ends and I lost all 3.

No, this was a straight sale, not an auction. Those Goldsmith auctions are pretty amazing, though. There's just too much interest for me to consider bidding on them. Multiple auctions like that do a pretty good job of self-promoting each other. Still fun to watch them though. An amazing collection he's parting with, isn't it?

Yeah he's insane for selling it all, but it's awesome for everyone else who can snatch up rare titles for a starting bid of $5. I bid on Chinatown, but didn't realize that's an extremely rare one. It shot up to like $40 instantly, and I steered clear. It'll probably get a deluxe treatment in the future, so I'll hold out. I can't wait until he gets to his JW collection! :P

I was watching out for the Blue Box and Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend, but they both ended up going over what I was willing to pay at the time.

Ordered The Lone Gunmen / Harsh Realm, Batman, and SpaceCamp from movie music. Still waiting for Krull and Predator to arrive from moviemusic.

God I hope Sep-> Dec is cheaper than Jan-Aug was. Then again... if its not, that means great scores I'm interested in are getting released. So I guess its win/win. Or lose/lose. Or win/lost/win/lose I guess lol

Received: Predator, The Machinist, Hudson Hawk, and Revell's The Saint, the latter of which is a favourite of mine but never got to pick it up at a decent price until now.

Ordered: SpaceCamp, Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm, Article 99. I wanted to order SpaceCamp and Lone Gunmen at the same time to save on shipping costs (I already have Mark Snow's signature on two other CDs so I didn't mind missing out on that), but I can tell you there was some stress involved when three hours before Lone Gunmen became available SpaceCamp was down to 300 copies! Still, I hung in there, waited until it became available again from SAE (because SpaceCamp was gone there five minutes to noon PST), and then ordered them together. Yet another heroic tale concluded with a happy ending.

Thank god I've never had to consider multiple LEs. I've always been able to dismiss at least one in advance (either because it's LLL, or an Intrada release is guessed with some certainty).

My heroic standoff was getting ID4 autographed. You've never seen me fill out my address so damn fast...

Space Camp - John Williams

Amazing Stories Vol. 3 - John Williams and various other composers

I was at a used book and music store last night, and I was shocked to find, in good condition, the OOP and expensive soundtrack for James Horner's A Far Off Place for a mere $4! What an exciting find! I snatched that sucker right up. Then I got home and found SpaceCamp waiting for me! Great day.

Nice purchase!

The Blue Box has arrived! Wow, this set is going to look awesome on my shelf. Can't wait to give it a listen/read/observation. I also won The River on eBay for just $12. Not bad for someone who stupidly missed out on the SAE Varese sale because he thought he placed an order when he didn't.

The Blue Box has arrived! Wow, this set is going to look awesome on my shelf. Can't wait to give it a listen/read/observation.

Glad you got it OK. I know it was previously owned... Hopefully it arrived in good condition?

I bought Lady in the Water, I found it for 5 pounds, which is probably as low as it is ever gonna get. Is this score OOP already? It fetches very high prices on online retailers and ebay

The Blue Box has arrived! Wow, this set is going to look awesome on my shelf. Can't wait to give it a listen/read/observation.

Glad you got it OK. I know it was previously owned... Hopefully it arrived in good condition?

Yeah, it looks brand new! Great condition. Not only that, but I was half expecting the book to be from the first edition and start to fall apart on me, but it's not! I can't believe how lucky I was to find this for only $85, including shipping. :P

I bought Lady in the Water, I found it for 5 pounds, which is probably as low as it is ever gonna get. Is this score OOP already? It fetches very high prices on online retailers and ebay

Wow that's strange. It's a pretty new soundtrack, and I think a fairly popular one amongst soundtrack collectors. But it's fantastic, you won't regret your purchase. One of my all time favorite JNH.

Cool. I bought Islands in the Stream from the same seller as your Blue Box. It was also like new. I bought Tombstone used and it smells like cigarettes.

And I'm sure by the time it sells it'll be up around the $100 mark.

Cool. I bought Islands in the Stream from the same seller as your Blue Box. It was also like new. I bought Tombstone used and it smells like cigarettes.

Hmm that's strange. You could try replacing the jewel case.

Sorry, I wasn't clear... Tombstone was from a different seller. I was just saying it's always an unfortunate surprise when you get something that has that smell.

Already bought the jewel case, it's the booklets that smell like the insides of the seller's lungs. I've got them sitting in a bag of baking soda.

I've been a busy marahall, buy buying "Batman", "Back To The Future", "ID4", "ST III", "Outland", "Ice Station Zebra", and one of the very last "SpaceCamp"s. I also bought "Altered States", which is as wierd and as beautiful as the film it supports.

I finally got around to purchasing the rest of Holst's The Planets. On iTunes I bought Venus, Mercury, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune (I already have Mars and Jupiter). I also bought Grainger's "Children's March" and "Fascinatin' Rhythm."