Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

I am considering doing the same thing, Marian. Although one could argue that -- morally, at least -- it's like buying a movie, making a copy, and then selling the original disc. Yes and no. They are two individual items, but since you could not have bought a replacement disc without having bought the faulty disc, they really are part of a set.

I see no moral dilemma. If they insist on packaging a "free" DVD with my Blu-ray copy of a movie, I likewise have no problem with selling the DVD. :P

The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films (and the Rarities Archive) by Doug Adams (and Howard Shore)

The Music of America: John Williams

My order from moviemusic.com with SpaceCamp, Batman (LLL), and The Lone Gunmen / Harsh Realm arrived

The Mumford and Sons album is pretty good. Favorite tracks: The Cave and Little Lion Man

Ya, I'm really digging these guys. So far those are my two favorite songs as well, but I would also add 'Sigh No More' to the list.

I got an email from SAE saying that they refunded the money for Star Trek: TNG Volume 2 (The Best of Both Worlds) because it's no longer available. Serves me right for pairing something like that with a long-lead item like the Ron Jones boxset. It's cheaper at Amazon, so I don't understand why they couldn't just obtain it from there and still sell it to me. Oh well, I can take the hint.

Wojo,

Before checking out any of the retailers for old albums like that look on Amazon first. You can get it there for $13 new.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Generation-Television-Soundtrack/dp/B000001P0Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1286493891&sr=1-1

By the way I official got Uncommon Valor in the mail today. :folder:

Before checking out any of the retailers for old albums like that look on Amazon first. You can get it there for $13 new.

I know that and saw it there. But I can't use PayPal on Amazon, don't feel like using my credit card today, and don't have enough in mind to justify a $25 purchase for free shipping. I was hoping to piggyback it on the box set to replace my iPatched copy. I shall wait.

I got my Ron Jones TNG box set today, currently ripping it now. Bad part is I have to type everything out manually since the tracks aren't listed on Freedb yet. Jim, this is gonna take me forever.

Lost: Final Season by Michael Giacchino

Lost: The Last Episodes by Michael Giacchino

I was waiting for the last episodes release to get all the fantastic music from the final season all at once. :P

Just ordered The Last Episodes as well.

I'm going to order The Final Season from Dark Delicacies (along with Let Me In) to get an autographed copy.

I got Final Season from Amazon UK (should arrive tomorrow - was listening yesterday on Spotify, it's great stuff) and Last Episodes from Varese. God knows when that will arrive.

And Alien Resurrection arrived (signed) today and I'm very happy I got it. LLL has managed to get the entire score in a form where the short cues with electronic outbursts from the boot mesh nicely with the rest. Only kept Ripley's Theme from the OST presentation though - no point in keeping the rest.

Now LLL gang, if you could do the same for Dante's Peak (Frizzell's other blockbuster that year), you'll be my favourite label forever :lol:

I finally ordered FSM's fantastic TWOK release. I'm ashamed to say that I've taken it for way too long a "test drive"...I never intended to wait this long to actually buy the thing, but I guess I was put off by the notion of paying for the score again after already paying for the GNP release. But that's silly, of course, because the fine folks at FSM put together a much better product that I've enjoyed many times since being offered the, uh, test drive. So I'm proud to say I finally bought it for real. :)

Good choice Joe. :) The FSM version for Star Trek II blows GNP's version out of the water, for not only sound but the mixing as well. It was such a nice revelation to hear the Nimoy voice over at the end of the score in a proper stereo mix.

I know you said The Search For Spock didn't mesh with you very well but you should purchase FSM's version, maybe give the score a few good more listenings to.

Yes Horner did re-use the main theme from TWOK but rightfully so as Star Trek III was a continuation of Star Trek II. His version of the Klingon theme, which I consider to be a rogue version of the Klingon theme is pretty awesome. All the bits for the Genesis planet are the best and were evidentally left off the OST.

Agreed about TWOK, for sure...but I'm still gonna pass on TSFS. :) I've listened to the whole FSM release, and while I think they did an excellent job of preparing the album, I'm just not sufficiently interested in the music. The new Klingon theme is indeed pretty sweet, and it's cool hearing all the new interpretations of the B theme from TWOK, but that score just doesn't do it for me like TWOK. TWOK has such an amazing energy to it...something intangible in the music that makes it just a thrill to listen to, even in the quiet parts. It's Horner at his finest. TSFS just feels rather dull to me by comparison. If I had all the money in the world, sure, I'd buy it, but I'd only listen to it once every now and then. Not enough to justify buying it now. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

The Social Network - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

The Bootleg Series, Vol. 9: The Witmark Demos, 1962-1964 - Bob Dylan

with Bob Dylan In Concert: Brandeis University, 1963

Thanks to Amazon for getting me the Dylan order a day before release.

Ordered Haunted Summer and Star Wars: Shadows Of The Empire from Movie Music.

I had SOTE before when I lived in Vegas but it became a causality along with nearly 99% of my CD's that I had back then. Peter told me that he had 3 (well now 2) copies left in stock and was told that Varèse is most likely going to discontinue that CD. It'll be nice to finally have that one back in my collection.

I also now have just 7 other CD's to buy (which are Star Trek ones) and I'll have all the CD's I once had before.

I picked up SOTE a few weeks ago used, and it's in my pile of 50+ ripped albums awaiting proper tagging. If I hadn't bought a new 1 TB hard drive, I wouldn't have 10+ gigs of WAVs in limbo right now.

I passed up on the opportunity to get it "free" a number of years ago (spend $100, get the next album free, one of those deals), but passed it up to get a Styx live album...that I never listen to. It was time to make right.

I'm going to order The Final Season from Dark Delicacies (along with Let Me In) to get an autographed copy.

Waited too long and now Dark Delicacies isn't taking pre-orders anymore.

Crap.

I didn't realize they had a limit. Is Giacchino going to physically be there or are they doing like LaLaLand does and have them pre-signed?

I didn't realize they had a limit. Is Giacchino going to physically be there or are they doing like LaLaLand does and have them pre-signed?

I honestly never got a clear answer to that. Peter over at FSM made it seem like he wouldn't, but then he said he's flying out there to document the event. And considering he's absolutely mad when it comes to getting autographs, I think the composers will indeed be there.

I mean, it says on the site: "Michael Giacchino will sign the score on October 24th at 2pm." He's gotta be there, Chris Tilton too! Damn I wish I could have been in LA for this. I'm pretty sure I'm Tilton's biggest fan ;)

LOST: The Last Episodes - Michael Giacchino

The Special Relationship - Alexandre Desplat

A Bridge Too Far

Yeah!!! Way to go, Mark!!! This is a brilliant score. Did you know that John Addison took part in the Arnhem landings? Richard Attenborough told me that...right before he signed the c.d. booklet.

Cool, I missed out on the Ryko and I've had a soft spot for the film as well.

Ordered Human Target direct from La La Land

Ordered Lost: The Last Episodes direct from Varese

Orderd Outland (FSM), Uncommon Valor (Intrada) and Let Me In (Varese) from moviemusic.com

Monster Mash / Scary Tales - John Zacherle

If you love Halloween like I do, you must get yourself some classic monster rock. Monster Mash was just the tip of the iceberg, and no one does it better than horror TV host John Zacherley. This CD compiles two of Zach's albums, and it's fantastic. This is not highbrow entertainment, mind you:

A werewolf once tore his own hide,

To find out just what was inside.

He ripped and he tore,

'Til his hands run with gore,

But before he found out, he died.

Absolutely essential stuff for any Halloween party playlist.