Soundtracks, Compilations, or other recently purchased Music

Mr. Breathmask

The Amazon download of Super 8 is good enough for me. No double-dipping so soon.

But I have been waffling about Captain America, because FYE wants $20 for it. I'll get an Amazon gift card and order the disc.

No, I just had to see for my own eyes how much FYE wanted to gouge me in the store, as opposed to their website, full of empty promises.

Then I had to just get to the supermarket to buy an Amazon gift card so I can get gas points for buying the gift card. 10 cents off for every $50 purchased. Win-win.

Been a crazy couple days. Last score I listened to was Memoirs of a Geisha. My wife insisted we listen to it while my daughter was being born! My vote was for Desert Chase or T-Rex Rescue Finale, by ah well. I was a fan of the score before, but I have a feeling I will appreciate it significantly more in the coming years. :)

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain by Yann Tiersen.

Got it out of the bargain bin after hearing from several friends that it was really nice. I found it disappointing. It's not bad, it's just not my taste. I do now know where that track they use on Top Gear every time they sum up the downside of any given car is from though.

Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain by Yann Tiersen.

Got it out of the bargain bin after hearing from several friends that it was really nice. I found it disappointing. It's not bad, it's just not my taste. I do now know where that track they use on Top Gear every time they sum up the downside of any given car is from though.

I absolutely love the score as heard in the movie, but I just can't sit through whole album.

Don't much like French movies. Except those Asterix & Obelix ones...

Yeah, they're kinda good. There was one Asterix & Obelix film that had a score that sounded like JW composed it.

I've been meaning to get Amelie in Blu. Haven't seen it since it came out and don't remember a thing.

The score is an odd one, sometimes I love it, other times I don't.

I ordered George Shaw's Jo-kel / Marcus from SAE's blowout sale, and decided to add Morricone's expanded Maddelena to it. Should have had Super 8 yesterday, but alas it didn't arrive.

Picked up Captain America, my first modern film score purchase since KOTCS. I am a bit miffed that I have to buy the extra track from iTunes for the March.

I went to my record store to get Super 8, but they said they only ordered 1 copy and it was already sold. So I take back the praise bestowed upon my record store...it may be better than most places nowadays, but it's not great.

I went to my record store to get Super 8, but they said they only ordered 1 copy and it was already sold. So I take back the praise bestowed upon my record store...it may be better than most places nowadays, but it's not great.

Who the hell only orders 1 item of a particular product?

Yeah, that's what I thought. They said they'll probably get more next week, but I don't know why they'd order them seperately like that. Unless I'm not the only one who wanted a copy.

Heard some bits of it. It isn't very promising.

Karol

Danny Elfman is rolling around in his grave.

Yeah I have heard that he is just that macabre. I mean rolling around in his own grave, all dirt and worms, 8 feet in the earth. Ugh! Some people have no shame. Being a Tim Burton's composer of choice is no excuse! :nono:

I wonder what his wife says to that.

Heard some bits of it. It isn't very promising.

Karol

Danny Elfman is rolling around in his grave.

Yeah I have heard that he is just that macabre. I mean rolling around in his own grave, all dirt and worms, 8 feet in the earth. Ugh! Some people have no shame. Being a Tim Burton's composer of choice is no excuse! :nono:

ROTFLMAO

In this case she must be a corpse bride.

It is truly a dead serious subject.

As Shaft and a grave yard worker would say: Can you dig it?

One more nail to Elfman's coffin.

Who the hell only orders 1 item of a particular product?

I can tell you from experience, Best Buy and Circuit City were/ are experts at that.

A few more purchases I made at excellent prices:

dragonslayer.jpeg

VSD5971.jpg

51ymgwf20OL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The second recording I haver seen of Prokofiev's October Cantata, after Jarvi's version

auth38.jpg

41HK4ATZ3GL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

dvorak.antonin.0028944741223.jpg

The Trouble with Harry is excellent! You've reminded me, I really need to put that CD in my stereo once more, it's been too long.

I picked up the JW/Boston Pops version of The Planets used for dirt cheap. I've really wanted this one for a while given its close relation with Star Wars. I have all the important Boston Pops CDs with JW's original music. However, I've wanted to acquire all the recordings. I just don't go out of my way to do so, occasionally picking up a CD if I find it for cheap and have the desire. Anyway, now to what pissed me off. Everything seemed in good shape and ready to rip in iTunes. I removed the wrapper and the jewel case fell apart. Well, okay, I can replace jewel cases. Then I looked at the disc and it says "Not For Sale--Promotional Copy." The hell? Still, it's the CD and now I can experience the music! I flipped the disc around and there are scratches all over...:shakehead:

Don't you hate it when this happens? Don't really feel like awkwardly returning it. Just hoping it can properly rip with error correction.

I hate buying scratched CDs. I don't mind buying a promo, because if it's used, it's cheap. But scratched? I normally don't use EAC because it takes too long, factored out over dozens and dozens of backlogged albums.

Bought Captain America on CD from Amazon yesterday, it'll be here tomorrow, hopefully with my signed TNG disc.

• 1 month later...