Villeneuve's DUNE

A24

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

A new trailer!!!!

This looks absolutely spectacular! I'm so excited

Geez, this is a trailer I really wish I could "unsee"; one huge spoiler (visually for me; I read the book many times) from beginning to end

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

You're absolutely right, @Tallguy... except that it's Christopher freakin' Walken!!!!

:lol:

I KNOW! :heart::heart::heart::heart:

I didn't think I could even be as excited for this movie as I am.

I dunno, it's the kind of trailer that shows too much (IMO, of course) ... but seeing Christopher Walken was nice. If the trailer consisted only of Chris Walken saying "You father was weak", I would have been more excited. ;)

Villeneuve is planning a 3rd Dune movie, but "It is unclear yet whether the third Dune movie will also be an adaptation of the first book or if it will be an adaptation of Messiah."

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1301683-dune-3-in-the-works-from-denis-villeneuve

I thought he had said when making the first one that he wanted to make three films: Dune in two parts and then Dune Messiah.

Watching this trailer was the first time I cared about him making Messiah. Now I think he could actually do it.

20 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Villeneuve is planning a 3rd Dune movie, but "It is unclear yet whether the third Dune movie will also be an adaptation of the first book or if it will be an adaptation of Messiah."

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1301683-dune-3-in-the-works-from-denis-villeneuve

That's an idiotic article. This new movie concludes the story of the first book. A third movie will obviously cover the second book in the saga (Dune Messiah), which makes perfect sense thematically

31 minutes ago, Romão said:

That's an idiotic article. This new movie concludes the story of the first book. A third movie will obviously cover the second book in the saga (Dune Messiah), which makes perfect sense thematically

As Villeneuve has more than hinted at himself some time ago, if I remember correctly.

35 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

I thought he had said when making the first one that he wanted to make three films: Dune in two parts and then Dune Messiah.

Watching this trailer was the first time I cared about him making Messiah. Now I think he could actually do it.

Sorry, didn't notice you basically just said the same

• 2 weeks later...

At this moment the film clocks in at

3 hours and 15 minutes

Very happy with that. It means that Villeneuve is taking his time for the story to be told right.

https://www.worldofreel.com/blog/2023/7/ehkmk6nuggf8nvh5mr9wcbraz88acm

• 2 weeks later...

'Dune 2’ Eyes Push to 2024; Warner Bros. Considers New Dates for ‘Color Purple,’ ‘Aquaman 2’ (EXCLUSIVE)

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/dune-2-release-date-change-2024-warner-bros-strike-1235676007/amp/

ah it's only for promotion.

how much promotion does a movie really need? you would think a month of some clever things and appearing everywhere would be enough to become known to normal people who aren't permanently online.

...although, many of those are the people that back in the day just when to the cinema many times (easily reachable, way more of them) and just saw what it was there because it was cheap and discovered things that way. nowadays, that luxury no longer exists...

6 minutes ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

If the actors agree to forego payment (unlikely, but possible), then promoting a film which is essentially completed wouldn't be "crossing the line", would it?

As far as I know, it would

Actors can't even talk about projects done decades ago if by any chance they do some talk show appearance 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Edmilson said:

March? Meh... These Dune movies are made to win Oscars, they belong at the end of the year. March is when some shitty schlock-y blockbusters come out.

I agree, but... look at when an unassuming film called THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS was released...

On 25/08/2023 at 4:25 AM, Edmilson said:

These Dune movies are made to win Oscars, they belong at the end of the year. March is when some shitty schlock-y blockbusters come out.

I feel like these dichotomies can get a little simplistic. I mean, we have a huge Oscar contender in this summer in the form of Oppenheimer, and in earlier years, Braveheart was a summer release.

To the Greeks, the Dionysia was held in the summer: they didn't see summer as time for breezy comedies, but heavy, ponderous tragedies. The Bayreuth festival is also held in the summer.

Autumn this year has some interesting films coming up.

The bigger ones:

Killers Of The Flower Moon

Napoleon

The Creator

Maestro

Next Goal Wins

Others:

Wonka

Chicken Run

The Color Purple

Ferrari

A Haunting In Venice

Oh, The Creator. Who knows who knows! Some good comedies with bite or horror movies would be nice. And Ridley has a... strange, unsatifying history with historical epics.

And Dune is... it sounds silly to say out loud but I already know how Dune goes and the 60% of the score is going to be annoying (imagine if say, Don Davis or Christopher Young or someone completely unexpected but good worked on this!)

1 hour ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Killers Of The Flower Moon

Napoleon

The Creator

Maestro

Next Goal Wins

Wonka

Chicken Run

The Color Purple

Ferrari

A Haunting In Venice

Plenty to be going on with :)

1 hour ago, Jay said:

What the hell is wrong with drinking oatmilk?

You have to be joking.

It's cow, or nowt.