La La Land Records Black Friday 2017

Laserschwert

I’ll be ordering Titanic day 1.

I’ll leave CE3K until after Xmas.

It’s too expensive to buy both in one go and I think there’s a bigger danger of Titanic selling out. 

3 minutes ago, Incanus said:

I am kind of happy there is only one release I really want in this batch. It has been an expensive year so this'll save me some money at least. :)

Actually, outside of Dr Doolittle I can see myself getting the other 4. CE3K is must buy, the others are intriguing.

dont know if I could handle 4 discs of Titanic. 

9 minutes ago, El Jefe said:

...waiting for the inevitable  “They didn’t include Celine’s song” whining......

I don’t think I need another copy of it. 

Kinda surprised that the complete score clocks in around the 2 hour mark. 

I’d have dropped disc 4 in favour of a cheaper price but overall this is fantastic news.

TITANIC?!!!!!!!! I actually cried right now. I already thought the 4-Disc one is only for one film since it's just 50 $ and not 60 or 70. But I never thought this could actually happen...

I saw Titanic live in London back in 2015, just a few weeks before James died. Titanic was my first soundtrack CD, when I was 11. So this is huge....!

Last year I asked Simon Franglen on Facebook about the possibility of a complete release and he said chances are low, in fact, LLL was turned down by Sony because of the costs:

Franglen.png

My wallet! MY WALLET!

I'd buy CE3K with E.T. next month, but the latter is out of stock on MusicBox so it won't be as simple. Titanic is also fantastic news, probably a January buy (but I still need the Jurassic Park set too!). Too many decisions!

I'll likely get Titanic. I rather like the main set pieces from the album (leaving Southampton, the sinking sequence), plus I've had someone's synth recreation of the robot salvaging sequence for ages. $50 is certainly steep for what I want to get out of it, but I'd imagine the costs one this were hefty.

Probably a case to avoid getting too friendly with score as heard in the film, with the editing craziness from Cameron.

If the bond score had been TWINE I might've gone for that too.

That's what I was thinking. I'd imagine the score in the film is a mess.

From the track titles, it seems the OST might've been a bit more representative than I thought (in terms of music, not necessarily the same performance).

Nice to have the trailer music too - I just watched it on YT and it sounds like a rather neat 4 minute summation of the whole story. Reminds me what a great achievement the film was too.

Are you going to notice edits/tracking/etc if it's performed by a live orchestra though?

I'm sure I've read in the past, and it goes with the usual chaos of post on a big blockbuster, that Horner's music was cut up all over the place for the final edit. I don't blame Cameron one bit - a film of this scale must be extraordinarily difficult to edit.

2 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Has Justin seen this thread yet?

Mayhaps he fainted after hearing this blissful piece of news.

Maybe Close Encounters because I've never owned it before, but I don't listen to Titanic that often to justify this price tag. 

The others, I'll leave for people who honestly want them. 

1 minute ago, Disco Stu said:

Three day one purchases for me!

Close Encounters

Titanic

Die Another Day

I'd love to get all of these but I can't afford them all on Day 1. Titanic is the priority though. The other two won't sell out fast. 

8 hours ago, El Jefe said:

...waiting for the inevitable  “They didn’t include Celine’s song” whining......

I'm not sure anyone who is interested in this disc would whine about that. And anyone who is interested in it would already have that song anyway, so there's not much to whine about.

The guy who was going on and on about Buffy with tons of GIFS and stuff in the thread posted this after the announcement:

*Heartbroken*

:(

And MV replied to him with this:

Jan 23, 2018

:) 

39 minutes ago, Jay said:

The guy who was going on and on about Buffy with tons of GIFS and stuff in the thread posted this after the announcement:

And MV replied to him with this:

Ah, so Buffy was likely the last Black Friday release, pushed back.  Well, good news for that dude!

Well... yea, that's exactly what he's saying, I posted those quotes as a direct reply to Stu & Brundlefly talking about the delayed title just before I posted them.