Finally a new Spielberg project?

On 4/10/2021 at 12:57 AM, Muad'Dib said:

Truffaut made some one of his best films inspired by his own childhood.

Wasn't Roma inspired by Cuaron's aunt? 

I think Spielberg is usually at his best when directing stories he has a personal attachment to. It's probably the same reason he walked away from Indy 5. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't find a thread on this (maybe I didn't look hard enough?). This project sounds ideal for a great Williams score...   Source!

A 90 year old JW stepping up to the podium to score a film in a post-COVID world is really what I need right now.

Wow, never saw a project like that coming   The score potential by Williams is off the charts

16 hours ago, Muad'Dib said:

I hope the title isn't indicative that it will have a more whimsical tone... I'm reallly hoping for something simple, intimate and sincere.

Yeah I'm getting BFG vibes just from the title. 

• 3 weeks later...

Is Spilelberg involved in Indy 5 at all?  I mean I'm sure he's a producer or exec producer on it, but will he be visiting the set for that or anything?

The Fabelmans is supposed to start filming "this summer" according to the original article in the main post

The film will start shooting this summer with an expectation that it will be released sometime in 2022.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Is Spilelberg involved in Indy 5 at all?  I mean I'm sure he's a producer or exec producer on it, but will he be visiting the set for that or anything?

He will probably visit the set a day or two and maybe even guest direct a couple of scenes, like he's done with friends like on Wolf of Wall Street and Revenge of the Sith.

And I'm sure he'll have a watchful eye on post-production and visit the recording sessions, but he'll probably stay hands out createvly. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The Fabelmans is supposed to start filming "this summer" according to the original article in the main post

Fingers crossed!