Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Score in the film) - SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Jay

Home Video Release Announcement

August 29. 

Digital only, with discs presumably to follow later. 

The bonus features list John Williams in one of the Making of Chapters. 

No isolated score is listed. 

8 minutes ago, Andy said:

Home Video Release Announcement

August 29. 

Digital only, with discs presumably to follow later. 

The bonus features list John Williams in one of the Making of Chapters. 

No isolated score is listed. 

might be a dumb question but i'll ask it anyway....does a physical release have a better chance to have the isolated score?

haven't bought a blu ray since the Indy set in 2012.

Just now, Bellosh said:

might be a dumb question but i'll ask it anyway....does a physical release have a better chance to have the isolated score

Nope.  The Last Jedi's isolated scored debuted as an iTunes bonus feature before showing up on a plastic disc like a year later

People have been asking Mangold about that for a long time.  He’s either not that interested or unable to make that kind of change within the corporate organization.  The fact that it’s not here on the digital bonus features isn’t a good sign. But there could still be bonus features yet to be announced. 

I went to tweet him about it today but he's been inactive for over a month.

At least it looks like John Williams is scattered around the making-of documentary, AND they're using the film score instead of hiring some other guy to write music just for the documentary (like with those TLJ and TROS docos). So we might get to hear some unused music that way.

Bizarrely this will be the first official interview footage of JW discussing the movie and score, because he did no interviews for the film (unless you count his comments when performing Helena's Theme).

32 minutes ago, Bellosh said:

they better release complete scores of these films in the coming years

If expansions weren't even considered when LFL (seemingly) had an open checkbook to finish the film, I don't see them happening now.

Indy 5 lost a ton of money. I suspect this film burned a lot of goodwill with Disney. They're dumping on digital after only two months, not even releasing on physical media in Australia, and their music department don't even care that people can't buy the CD album. These aren't the actions of a studio who give a shit about us.

At this rate we'll get post-2005 expansions before Indiana Jones OR Star Wars expansions.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Nope.  The Last Jedi's isolated scored debuted as an iTunes bonus feature before showing up on a plastic disc like a year later

Was it really released physically? Wasn't that some kind of hybrid solution where you were able to stream it with the film only if you had an online account with some service? I think there was a reason why I never got it (and I've got a regular Blu-ray release of the film).

52 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Was it really released physically? Wasn't that some kind of hybrid solution where you were able to stream it with the film only if you had an online account with some service? I think there was a reason why I never got it (and I've got a regular Blu-ray release of the film).

It was on Movies Anywhere, which you got a free digital copy if you bought the Blu Ray set.

6 minutes ago, Brando said:

It was on Movies Anywhere, which you got a free digital copy if you bought the Blu Ray set.

Ah. Not physical then, just a digital extra you could get along with the physical release.

Bottom line (going by this): A physical iso score is less likely than a digital one.

10 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Ah. Not physical then, just a digital extra you could get along with the physical release.

Bottom line (going by this): A physical iso score is less likely than a digital one.

Now, on a later blu ray release, there was an iso score there. But not the initial run.

Yeah it was eventually on a pressed blu ray too, in fact it's right in the title of the thread:

THE LAST JEDI - Complete Isolated Score stream available via Movies Anywhere and 2020 Blu Ray edition

Here is where it was announced and here is a image of the back cover of the blu ray edition that has it

I have two Blu Rays for the Last Jedi, and I can’t recall if either of them have the iso score.  I rarely watch a film with isolated score, and someone else usually rips it. 

13 minutes ago, Andy said:

I have two Blu Rays for the Last Jedi, and I can’t recall if either of them have the iso score.  I rarely watch a film with isolated score, and someone else usually rips it. 

It's only available on the 9-film 4K boxset. So if you have the single sets then it's not on there.

4 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

It's only available on the 9-film 4K boxset. So if you have the single sets then it's not on there.

Really? I was under the impression the 2020 version had been reissued individually.

12 minutes ago, A. A. Ron said:

Really? I was under the impression the 2020 version had been reissued individually.

No, unfortunately not. It was announced to be on the 2020 reissue, but the thing is the 2020 reissue never came out, to this day. They announced the new version along with the bonus features it would include and the new cover art, and then cancelled it and decided to keep providing the original 4K set instead, but with the slipcovers from the aborted reissue. I think there was a whole discussion about that in the tread Jay linked. It was a really bizarre situation.

EDIT: See at the top, it still says "No release date" :lol:

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi 4K Blu-ray (Ultimate Collector's Edition)

10 hours ago, Bellosh said:

well i assume star wars has to happen first right?

theres no way i see indy getting 5 complete scores before star wars.

and god knows how long they're gonna sit on those.

I would hope an Indy collection would be easier to release than a Star Wars one. Being naive yes, but I can dream.

On 14/08/2023 at 10:43 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

I have this edition from Spain that includes the isolate score from TLJ.

https://www.amazon.es/Star-Wars-últimos-remasterizada-película/dp/B0857YDHSK/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2YQ1RFB9LOFEB&keywords=los+ultimos+jedi+blu+ray&qid=1692204724&sprefix=los+ultimos+jedi+blu+r%2Caps%2C272&sr=8-1

• 2 weeks later...

digital release comes out in a few hours here on the east coast....anyone planning on ripping/separating/uploading any tracks?

i've only tried to separate music from dialogue/sound effects a couples times (a couple Young Indy tracks, I remember I couldn't get it perfect in audacity, but it was fun). maybe i'll give it a try again.

8 minutes ago, crumbs said:

I'm more interested in what unreleased music is in the documentary. If we're really lucky it might be 5.1 with clean music in the rear channels!

Stock music.

On 14/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

No, unfortunately not. It was announced to be on the 2020 reissue, but the thing is the 2020 reissue never came out, to this day. They announced the new version along with the bonus features it would include and the new cover art, and then cancelled it and decided to keep providing the original 4K set instead, but with the slipcovers from the aborted reissue. I think there was a whole discussion about that in the tread Jay linked. It was a really bizarre situation.

EDIT: See at the top, it still says "No release date" :lol:

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi 4K Blu-ray (Ultimate Collector's Edition)

Is the Last Jedi the only JW movie with a score only feature?

1 hour ago, CGCJ said:

Combat Train-ing V3

Gia?

1 hour ago, CGCJ said:

Pulse of the City [Bill Ross]

Is this the first confirmation that William Ross composed the piano heavy horseback parade chase music?

Just went through a bunch of moments from the film on that digital release. Happy that I can hear a bunch of the stuff so clearly now, especially “Pulse of the City.”

I also noticed that the film has a very orange tint to it compared to my viewings in the cinema (from what I remember) and I kind of like it.

1 minute ago, crumbs said:

What a curious cue title... does anyone have any recollection of this line in the film?

I just saw the film the other night, I believe its when Helena tells Indy he had a reason to return and he asks 'for whom?' @LB Makes StuffCan you fact check me? Or anyone with the digital release?