Happy 92nd Birthday Maestro John Williams!

JTN

20 minutes ago, Darth Mulder said:

426459122_894150219384896_39634528943906

Looks like a nice, low-key celebration. Apparently Warwick Davis was in attendance and taking pictures.

Mark is a musician too, like his younger brother Joseph. Played drums with Air Supply in the 80s, and has released a few solo albums, both as himself and with the band Lionel's Dad (Lionel is his son, also a musician, but not actually part of the band). Most of it in a soft rock style.

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

That family loves black.  

I think the ordinary suburban family life is integral to Williams youthful vitality.  It has kept him grounded and able to have the necessary boring regimented life to compose hours each day even with the glitz and glamour his career has brought him.  

I think I realize now what the secret to The Maestro's longevity is!

His son routinely blesses the rain down in Africa...I wonder if there is some true magic going on there...

image.jpeg

I'll be switching to John's preferred brand of bottled water...

image.jpeg

Maybe it's the secret to his longevity.

Much love to John Williams! No wonder why he didn't attend the Grammy Awards ceremony. It's full of a lot of shiny folks with big egos, who push the society to downfall and foolishness.

16 hours ago, Mr. Hooper said:

Maybe it's the secret to his longevity.

Then he has 38 more years left. 

19 hours ago, Darth Mulder said:

Wife and reportedly two sons Mark and Joseph. Joseph is on the right. 

And the picture was probably taken by his daughter Jennifer. 

If you had told me 30 years ago that "social media" would make that possible: Beethoven wishing happy birthday to John Williams...

Screenshot_20240213_114814_Facebook.jpg

1 hour ago, Falstaft said:

A little past his birthday, but you all may enjoy this little segment with KCRW where we celebrated Williams's lesser-known scores. (Well, lesser-known to the broad public, I'm sure none of this will be news to the majority of JWfans!)

https://www.kcrw.com/news/shows/press-play-with-madeleine-brand/media-scotus-same-sex-weddings-music/john-williams-film-scores

Very nice. I just thought, reading what he wrote about The Book Thief, that more or less all of that applies to Angela's Ashes as well.

Anyway, I love both scores.

13 hours ago, Fabulin said:

At least they got Karina Canellakis to conduct. She is awesome!

And she had to conduct the Ozawa tribute the next day. Quite a special programme for a guest conductor.

3 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

And she had to conduct the Ozawa tribute the next day. Quite a special programme for a guest conductor.

She's on the fast track to overtake Mirga.