• Announcements

• Jay

Donate to JWFan, win a CD!   05/30/17

Hello!

We are significantly behind on our funds for keeping JWFan alive, and need to collect donations again.
      As an incentive, I am offering a series of free CDS to anyone who donates over a certain amount!   Donate at least $10 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $250 goal:   Tyler Bates - God of War; Ascension (OST, La La Land Records) Danny Elfman - Planet of the Apes (OST, Sony) Danny Elfman - Taking Woodstock (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Identity Thief (OST, La La Land Records) Christopher Lennertz - Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (OST) Michael Giacchino - Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (OST, Varese Sarabande) Dave Holmes & Various - Ocean's 11 (OST, WB Records) Joel McNeely & Various - Hollywood '94 (Varese Sarabande) Joe Kraemer - Jack Reacher (OST, La La Land Records) John Williams - Born on the Fourth of July (OST, MCA Records)   Donate at least $20 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $500 goal:   John Barry - First Love (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - The Challenge (La La Land) Jerry Goldsmith - In Harm's Way (2009 Intrada edition) Jerry Goldsmith - The Red Pony (Varese) Alan Silvestri - Dutch (La La Land) Shirley Walker - Willard (La La Land) John Williams - Family Plot (Varese Sarabande) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $30 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $750 goal:   James Horner - Gorky Park (OOP Kritzerland Edition) James Newton Howard - Outbreak (2CD, Varese Deluxe Edition) Laurence Rosenthal - Clash of the Titans (2CD, Intrada) John Williams - The Fury (2CD, La La Land) John Williams - Jane Eyre (OOP, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer   Donate at least $50 and you will be entered into a pool to potentially win one of the following once we hit our $1,000 goal:   Jerry Fielding - The Wild Bunch (3CD, FSM) Ira Newborn - The Naked Gun trilogy (3CD, La La Land) Shirley Walker and Various - Batman: The Animated Series Volume 3 (4CD, La La Land) or, any of the above CDs if you prefer     All shipping will be paid by me to anywhere in the world!   I will pull names from a hat for each pool, and you get to pick whatever CD set you want if I pull your name!   To be eligible, leave your JWFan username in the comments area of your donation.  If you want to donate but not be in the running for a free CD, mention that in the comment.   Use this link or the link on the mainpage.       Thank you!   Jason, Ricard, and Andreas.
Fal

Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection

481 posts in this topic

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-lion-king-70764/

"Walt Disney Records’ newly created line of collectible CDs, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, will celebrate the anniversaries of Disney’s most cherished and classic properties that have been enchanting audiences for generations. Through 2015, Walt Disney Records will celebrate 12 anniversaries including Pinocchio (75th), Fantasia (75th), Cinderella (65th), Lady and the Tramp (60th), Sleeping Beauty (55th), Mary Poppins (50th), The Lion King (20th) and Toy Story (20th), among others.

To honor these musical landmarks, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection will feature the beloved original soundtracks, plus valuable documentary content that tells the story behind the music. Each album will feature newly created artwork from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios. The illustrations, inspired by the original properties, will celebrate Disney’s rich heritage and create a unified look for the entire collection.

The first release in the series is The Lion King, a two-disc set featuring the original motion picture soundtrack, 30 minutes of previously unreleased score, plus liner notes by Don Hahn (producer) and Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer. The track list is as follows:

Disc One
1) ‘Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama’ Performed by Carmen Twillie, African Vocals Performed by Lebo M
2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’ Score
3) ‘We Are All Connected’ Score
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’ Score
5) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’ Score
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score
glasses.gif ‘Be Prepared’ Performed by Jeremy Irons with Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’ Score
10) ‘Stampede’ Score
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’ Score
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’ Score
14) ‘Hakuna Matata’ Performed by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella with Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’ Score
16) ‘Kings of the Past’ Score
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’ Score
18) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ Performed by Joseph Williams and Sally Dworsky with Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella and Kristle Edwards
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’ Score
20) ‘This Is My Home’ Score
21) ‘The Rightful King’ Score

Disc Two
1) ‘The Morning Report’ Performed by James Earl Jones, Jeff Bennett and Evan Saucedo
2) ‘Warthog Rhapsody’ Performed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
3) ‘We Are All Connected ‘Score Demo
4) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score Demo
5) ‘Stampede’ Score Demo
6) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score Demo
7) ‘This Is My Home’ Score Demo
glasses.gif ‘The Rightful King’ Score Demo
9) ‘Circle of Life’ Instrumental Demo
10) ‘Circle of Life’ Performed by Elton John
11) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Elton John
12) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ (End Title) Performed by Elton John

In addition, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will get a chance to hear some of the music before it’s released during the D23 Disney Fanniversary Celebration roadshow, which will tour the country later this year, and D23 Members have the opportunity to purchase the complete collection with a special set of exclusive lithographs at a special price. For more information, visit D23.com.

The release schedule for Walt Disney The Legacy Collection is as follows:
The Lion King 20th – June 24, 2014
Mary Poppins 50th – August 26, 2014
Sleeping Beauty 55th – October 7, 2014
The Little Mermaid 25th – November 17, 2014
Fantasia 75th – January 3, 2015
Pinocchio 75th – February 3, 2015
Toy Story 20th – March 17, 2015
Disneyland 60th – April 7, 2015
Lady and the Tramp 60th – May 12, 2015
Pocahontas 20th – June 23, 2015
Aristocats 45th – August 14, 2015 (Available first at D23 Expo)
Cinderella 65th – August 14, 2015 (Available first at D23 Expo)"

Muad'Dib likes this

Expanded Lion King coming in June!!!

Disc One
1) ‘Circle of Life/Nants’ Ingonyama’ Performed by Carmen Twillie, African Vocals Performed by Lebo M
2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’ Score
3) ‘We Are All Connected’ Score
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’ Score
5) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Jason Weaver with Rowan Atkinson and Laura Williams
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’ Score
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score
8) ‘Be Prepared’ Performed by Jeremy Irons with Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’ Score
10) ‘Stampede’ Score
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’ Score
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’ Score
14) ‘Hakuna Matata’ Performed by Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella with Jason Weaver and Joseph Williams
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’ Score
16) ‘Kings of the Past’ Score
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’ Score
18) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ Performed by Joseph Williams and Sally Dworsky with Nathan Lane, Ernie Sabella and Kristle Edwards
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’ Score
20) ‘This Is My Home’ Score
21) ‘The Rightful King’ Score

Disc Two
1) ‘The Morning Report’ Performed by James Earl Jones, Jeff Bennett and Evan Saucedo
2) ‘Warthog Rhapsody’ Performed by Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella
3) ‘We Are All Connected ‘Score Demo
4) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’ Score Demo
5) ‘Stampede’ Score Demo
6) ‘Mufasa Dies’ Score Demo
7) ‘This Is My Home’ Score Demo
8) ‘The Rightful King’ Score Demo
9) ‘Circle of Life’ Instrumental Demo
10) ‘Circle of Life’ Performed by Elton John
11) ‘I Just Can’t Wait to Be King’ Performed by Elton John
12) ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ (End Title) Performed by Elton John

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-legacy-collection-lion-king-70764/

:woop:

Were you reading Filmtracks too? Posted the same thing on the HZ thread :lol:

Are these the first time the incidental music cues are being released? Because I've always wanted to get my hands on a complete Aladdin album. Shame it isn't in the list here.

Were you reading Filmtracks too? Posted the same thing on the HZ thread :lol:

Saw it on FSM and nobody had posted it on FT yet. Some of my fellow fellows over there love TLK as much as I do, so I thought it pursuant/pertinent/relevant/revelant/WORDS LIKE THAT to alert people to this.

Very happy about these news. HOPEFULLY it is going to be complete (the instrumental versions of the songs notwithstanding) so that I can finally chuck my old boots outta the window.

I'm looking forward to this. For obvious reasons. This score has been my study for about two years, and I know it quite well, but that bonus material will all be new. However, I will probably rename the cues to their original cue titles.

I see Fantasia on this list. Wasn't Fantasia already completely released? perhaps it's newly-mixed: the film's mixes were quite clearly different to what was on the album (instruments all over the place there)

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here, but ARISTOCATS is good.

Interesting news. I hope they do an expansion for Aladdin, that's my number one Disney score I want in expanded/complete form.

Quintus likes this

OMFG, YES! SitS is one of my earliest film music memories and whoever releases this one will have my neverending and undying gratitude.

"A Legend Is Sung

of When England Was Young

And Knights Were Brave and Bold..."

Once and Sharky like this

Very excited by this, probably the most exciting soundtrack news in a while for me.

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here.

Yes!

And Robin Hood and Snow White (the final action cues are missing from the recent release.)

this could mean good news for the star wars scores....

Don't forget the Indy scores ;)

OMFG, YES! SitS is one of my earliest film music memories and whoever releases this one will have my neverending and undying gratitude.

"A Legend Is Sung

of When England Was Young

And Knights Were Brave and Bold..."

Great stuff. :mrgreen:

Love the score for the pike chase.

Muad'Dib likes this

We need theme park music. EPCOT Center has so much great unreleased music it's ridiculous.

It's better than John Williams's bland trumpet mickey mousing

??? Eh...no.

Escape to Witch Mountain by Johnny Mandel (and, for that matter, Return from Witch Mountain by Lalo Schifrin) would be nice. It's celebrating its 40th annivesary next year.

Grown up men getting excited by background music from kiddie movies...

No love for STAR WARS?

Oh no!

More fucking Zimmer!

No love for STAR WARS?

s0273.gif

No love for STAR WARS?

Seriously? I don't think STAR WARS is classified as a "kiddie" film.

No love for STAR WARS?

Seriously? I don't think STAR WARS is classified as a "kiddie" film.

I don't give a shit what fanboys classify it as. It's a kiddie film. Plain and simple.

Muad'Dib and Bilbo Skywalker like this

AMAZEMENT!!! :santa: This is really great news, on all the releases :woop:

I'm glad they left the bonus song for the bonus disc, and didn't slot it into the main track list.

I don't give a shit what fanboys classify it as. It's a kiddie film. Plain and simple.

post-24660-0-69769000-1399427817_thumb.j

post-24660-0-54095100-1399427848_thumb.j

post-24660-0-63673600-1399427909_thumb.j

Neat!

Shame SWORD IN THE STONE isn't here,

And Robin Hood. Perhaps next year...

Yes! I need those Tchaikovksy-like fire/chase cues with those crazy strings Bruns did for these pictures, particularly this one at 1:15

"In my mind, I was thinking of it as a kind of Saturday afternoon movie for kids, really." - John Williams on Star Wars

Muad'Dib likes this

I'll definitely be purchasing this. I hope all these releases manage to stuff in as much previously-unreleased material as possible!

Cross-posting the following from FSM:

The score portions that are/were available between US and international releases amount to 21 minutes. The recording sessions (?) that leaked last year are 56:30 in length (excluding all songs/demos). Below I'm trying to line up the new version with track times from the rec sessions:

2) ‘Didn’t Your Mother Tell You Not to Play With Your Food’: 2:13
3) ‘We Are All Connected’: 3:03
4) ‘Hyenas in the Pride Land’: 4:00
6) ‘Elephant Graveyard’: 4:47
7) ‘I Was Just Trying to Be Brave’: 2:16
9) ‘Simba, It’s to Die For’: 0:49?
10) ‘Stampede’: 3:26
11) ‘Mufasa Dies’: 3:29
12) If You Ever Come Back We’ll Kill You’: 2:11
13) ‘Bowling for Buzzards’: 1:09
15) ‘We Gotta Bone to Pick With You’: 1:14
16) ‘Kings of the Past’: 1:40
17) ‘Nala, Is It Really You?’: 4:17
19) ‘Remember Who You Are’: 7:53
20) ‘This Is My Home’: 2:29
21) ‘The Rightful King’: 11:43

The arrangement of tracks (split vs. mixed together) is likely to not be the same between the rec sessions and the new release, so the listing above should be taken with a pillar of salt. There's also the issue of the score having reportedly been slowed down for the soundtrack, but I don't know if this also goes for the sessions (or would go for the new release).

If we take the sessions as the complete score as it was heard in the movie (again, different mixes and demo versions not withstanding), there is about 35 minutes of unreleased score. Without any further information and because I tend to be pessimistic, the official statement of "30 minutes of previously unreleased score" would seem to imply that we might not get everything. That would be a small bummer, but I'm completely ecstatic, 20 years after TLK started my interest in and love for film music, to FINALLY have all the most important moments (Scar and Simba's Fight, Rafiki's realization that Simba is still alive, Simba waking up in the desert to Richard Harvey's gorgeous pan flute). The five minutes or so that might be missing won't drag the experience down for me.

No love for STAR WARS?

No thank you, I have no interest in elevator music...

What the fuck am I doing here? I'm surrounded by weirdos!