Sharky

What is the Last Cue You Listened To?

The People's House. I don't understand why this cue slipped under my radar. It touched me really deeply when Classic FM played it during Friday evening's intermission, especially the woodwind part at around 1:21. I don't know why it made such an impression, probably because of JW being in hospital, the amazing concert etc.

57 minutes ago, KK said:

Lovely evocative cue that one. Little Buddha might be Sakamoto's finest film score. I think he said that he considers it his best film score. The Last Emperor is the one that comes close to me. I also like stuff like Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence, but mostly just for the theme.

Do you have a favourite of the film scores you've written?

Sakamoto: The most memorable that I've written is from Little Buddha – the very last cue from Little Buddha. I was so satisfied with the quality of the music, with the role of the music in the film, and Bertolucci also liked it. That was actually the fifth trial I did for that cue. Four trials were rejected by Bertolucci, and that was the fifth one, it was a hard task – maybe that's why it was the most memorable! Recently, the theme of The Revenant is something I'm satisfied with, too.

Just finishing listening to Peace and Purpose from JW's TLJ OST. I've said before but really the film should have ended with this scene and cue. It has such good presentations of different themes. It sounds like a classic closing cue...but then we get yet another binary sunset cue. 

33 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Just finishing listening to Peace and Purpose from JW's TLJ OST. I've said before but really the film should have ended with this scene and cue. It has such good presentations of different themes. It sounds like a classic closing cue...but then we get yet another binary sunset cue. 

Yes!