Jump to content
Jay

Well, I'm back

Recommended Posts

So today is the first day I've logged into JWFan in an entire week.  I believe this is the longest I have ever been away from the site since I became mod in 2010.

 

Anyways, the amount of threads I have with unread content is staggering.  Any suggestions on where to start?  Anything exciting happen while I was away?

 

PS Happy birthday @mstrox!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Jason! You and Marcy took quite a "grand tour" here in Europe. It was so lovely to meet you at long last! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, and thanks Jay!  Saw your pictures on Facebook, looks like you had a great time!

 

Catch up on the Dracula and Harry Potter threads.  Avoid the Star Wars Disenchantment thread (and the Dracula thread on FSM, for the love of god).  Visit the Video Game thread because Stu is lonely.  Mark everything else as read!

 

Join the Discord if you want to blab.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anything exciting happen while I was away?

 

PS Happy birthday @mstrox!

LLL is about to announce a 3-disc complete PRISONER OF AZKABAN.

 

Also, IQs just dropped sharply.

 

Oh, yes; Mattris is still publicly masturbating, on the subject of TLJ.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Start by answer me if John Williams actually CONDUCTS tracks on the new Superman II&III sets, the booklet is not clear about it.

 

But it's source music from the first movie... why not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Oh, yes; Mattris is still publicly masterbating, over TLJ.

 

 

Is it "masturbasting over something" or "masturbating to something"? Never known which was correct.

 

//someone's bound to chime in with a third or fourth option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anything exciting happen while I was away?

 

Ricard acted as Moderator once or twice, other than that... nothing.

 

Oh, we have a Discord server now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Norma's Corpse said:

Imagine coming come to find the house burnt down...

 

What a strange thing to say.

 

Our house was fine and our cats were happy to see us for a hot minute before they resumed business as usual 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

Normandy was incredible, the amount of WW2 stuff there is staggering.

 

I'd recreate the beginning of Saving Private Ryan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Welcome back Jason! You and Marcy took quite a "grand tour" here in Europe. It was so lovely to meet you at long last! :) 

 

It was a huge pleasure to meet you as well, Mikko!  I plan to write some posts about all the meetups as soon as I can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jay said:

 

What a strange thing to say.

 

Our house was fine and our cats were happy to see us for a hot minute before they resumed business as usual 😛

 

I think he was speaking metaphorically about the forum ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Avoid the Star Wars Disenchantment thread

 

So people still don't understand that if you ignore Mattris, he'll go away?  What is wrong with you people?

 

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

(and the Dracula thread on FSM, for the love of god). 

 

What is happening there?

 

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Visit the Video Game thread because Stu is lonely.  

 

I actually played my Switch on airplanes a few times, I'll have to write about that!

 

19 minutes ago, mstrox said:

Join the Discord if you want to blab.

 

I've never used Discord in my life and can't see why I'd start now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Start by answer me if John Williams actually CONDUCTS tracks on the new Superman II&III sets, the booklet is not clear about it.

 

But it's source music from the first movie... why not...

 

Of course he conducted all the source music from Superman: The Movie.  Who else would have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jay said:

What is happening there?

 

Just three pages of meanspirited FSM people ripping on Thor for being Thorish, even though he was never Thorish in that thread!

 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've never used Discord in my life and can't see why I'd start now

 

Because Stefancos is there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LLL are doing Die Hard for the third time next week, this time rebuilt from scratch using first generation elements. People are cynical but I'm over the moon. :)

 

Karol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jay said:

I've never used Discord in my life and can't see why I'd start now

 

We'd welcome you with open arms!  But of course it's totally fine if you don't.

 

I will say this, generally there's been a great spirit of bonhomie in the Discord.  People are friendly and shoot the shit about whatever.  Sometimes long conversations about Williams, sometimes personal stuff.  It's cool.

 

And yes, there's also the requisite Drax/Justin banter.  But not out of hand or anything, usually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jay said:

 

Of course he conducted all the source music from Superman: The Movie.  Who else would have?

 

Well it seems they don't credit him specifically in the new set for those cues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

 

And yes, there's also the requisite Drax/Justin banter.  But not out of hand or anything, usually.

 

It’s actually easier scroll past it and avoid on there actually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Well it seems they don't credit him specifically in the new set for those cues.

 

So?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southern France is lovely. Nice, Marseilles, Toulouse, etc.

 

I grew up going to Paris pretty often with the family (my parents lived there for some time), so it's kind of just...there, for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KK said:

Southern France is lovely. Nice, Marseilles, Toulouse, etc.

 

I grew up going to Paris pretty often with the family (my parents lived there for some time), so it's kind of just...there, for me.

 

I wasn't as blown away by Paris as I was expecting, really.

 

But yes, Southern France is next on our to-go list for European travel.  Though we want to see Germany, too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Jay said:

I wasn't as blown away by Paris as I was expecting, really.

 

Was it as awful as London? Hard to imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×