Youtube clips

KingPin

well, I think he REALLY wanted to get the Oscar for that one.. it was pretty obvious (all the publicity he did for Geisha..) and after winning the Golden Globe, I guess he really thought the ods were on his side... well and he SHOULD have won!

I think he REALLY wanted to get the Oscar for that one.. it was pretty obvious (all the publicity he did for Geisha..) and after winning the Golden Globe.

...and don't forget the BAFTA. :)

Lady Gaga meets Bernard Herrmann....

Thank you for flaging that up; I had heard of it, but had not actually heard it.

Okay - there used to be a video of this guy trying to air conduct Duel of the Fates...and doing a rather shitty job. I can't find it anymore, does anyone remember this or have a link for it?

Nice. :P

If anyone's interested, here's my freshly recorded piano rendition of "Leaving Hogwarts":

Nice work! I really wish that I had the ear (and piano skills) to be able to do that.

Very nicely done. While Harry's theme from SS/PS is probably my least favourite theme from the score it translates very well to the piano. :)

Karol

For what it's worth DM, I've been studying piano for over 10 years and you sound like a natural. Beautiful tone and accuracy. Not bad for self-taught!

Thank you, I really appreciate it. :) I did take some casual piano lessons for about 8 years as a kid, but my teacher moved around the time I went into high school, and I never found another one. That was when I started really trying to figure stuff out by ear, and that's the part I'm totally self-taught on. :)

If he had an X chromosome instead of a Y, yes, he'd be a pretty hot chick. As a cross-dresser...eh, not so much. His face is too manly.

I think for the most part, anyone who's widely considered attractive would be similarly attractive if they'd ended up being born with the other gender. I've actually found that to be quite useful in gauging the attractiveness of other men, since as a straight dude, I have absolutely no natural talent for that. But if I imagine them with no facial hair, a weaker jawline, longer hair, and boobs, I can usually get a pretty good estimate of how hot they are.

biglaugh.gif

If he had an X chromosome instead of a Y, yes, he'd be a pretty hot chick. As a cross-dresser...eh, not so much. His face is too manly.

I think for the most part, anyone who's widely considered attractive would be similarly attractive if they'd ended up being born with the other gender. I've actually found that to be quite useful in gauging the attractiveness of other men, since as a straight dude, I have absolutely no natural talent for that. But if I imagine them with no facial hair, a weaker jawline, longer hair, and boobs, I can usually get a pretty good estimate of how hot they are.

biglaugh.gif

He looks a bit like Sarah Jessica Parker.

Karol

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a brilliant idea for a series. I'm posting this for the first guest (obviously), but I'd watch more of this kinda thing:

- Uni