Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

Well if TOD & LC are only expanded you are looking at about 39 min for TOD and 20 min for LC

Even if they are "only expanded", it doesn't necessarily mean they are limited to 1 disc each?

That's just going off of everyone's assumptions that the set will only consist of 4 discs.

If you go with 2 discs each for TOD & LC then you will be able to do a complete version of each score.

Doesnt the interveiw disc + Crystal Skulll debunk the idea that its 4 only 4 discs?

I think we can expect 80 minute CDs for Raiders, Doom and Crusade, plus Skull plus "Bonus" disc. I reckon it will be a five disc set, with the assumption that in another year LucasFilm will release 2-disc complete sets for each of the four scores.

Well if TOD & LC are only expanded you are looking at about 39 min for TOD and 20 min for LC

Even if they are "only expanded", it doesn't necessarily mean they are limited to 1 disc each?

That's just going off of everyone's assumptions that the set will only consist of 4 discs.

If you go with 2 discs each for TOD & LC then you will be able to do a complete version of each score.

Doesnt the interveiw disc + Crystal Skulll debunk the idea that its 4 only 4 discs?

No poo sherlock, I'm not the one who's claiming it's 4 discs. I'm just pointing out the possible minutes if it is indeed single discs.

Personally I think that each will be 2 discs since the box set is limited. Of course I could be very wrong.

I think it was our e-mails to the Concord marketing secretary that got those things released :lol:

Has someone emailed to get details about the Nov. 11 release?

Personally I think that each will be 2 discs since the box set is limited. Of course I could be very wrong.

That could work, but the track listing for Raiders has it as 1 disc.

I could imagine an 8-disc set: 2-disc expanded/complete scores for Raiders, TOD, and LC; and then the KOTCS OST with the bonus disc that includes the interview.

I'd rather have them completely omit KOTCS though and keep the set Star Wars style.

That could work, but the track listing for Raiders has it as 1 disc.

I could imagine an 8-disc set: 2-disc expanded/complete scores for Raiders, TOD, and LC; and then the KOTCS OST with the bonus disc that includes the interview.

I'd rather have them completely omit KOTCS though and keep the set Star Wars style.

I was talking about LC & TOD only.

Wow, already 5 pages, this must be a record. Last time a thread was this popular was probably the day the tracklist for Indy 4 was released.

I'm willing to shell out any amount of money for this. In fact, I'm going on a CD fast--I won't buy anymore CDs until this comes out, just to make sure.

I really hope these are complete and not just expanded, because this is probably the last Indy re-issue we'll see, not counting straight reissues. And what with the CD interview, I think there's a good chance of that.

I've bookmarked Concord Record's website, to do a daily check on the news.

Here's my idea of the dream set:

Complete Raiders of the Lost Ark 1 CD

Complete Temple of Doom 2 CDs

Complete Last Crusade 2 CDs

Complete Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2(?) CDs

Bonus CD (includes interview with JW, alternate concert versions, alternate cues, unused music) 1 CD

Total: 8 CDs

With a mini Lost Ark box to hold them all, and tons of liner notes analyzing every single cue.

I would be willing to pay...whatever it cost. :lol:

The Blue Box wasn't something that was publically available, you had to know its existance. It was a private thing from a private company, the general public has no idea of it's existance. I'd speculate heavily (considering the nature of the companies related to the Indiana Jones osountracks) that this would be something available in stores. Not only for the soundtrack geeks, but also for the general public, like the Star Wars SE.

Jaws and CEOT3K are product that are awesome, but not perfect.

This could be perfect (I doubt), but it still might be the closest we get as a general release to the "holy grail". But someone, somewhere, understood that there was a need to expand the great DCC release of Indiana Jones. I mean the original release for the mass public is quite amazing, the work by Steve Hoffman was amazing. But somebody decided that customers wanted "a little more", which means they might also do this for TLC and TOD. Why not???

When the Superman Blue Box was announced, many people said the complete Superman II wouldn't fit on a single disc, but indeed it did. That disc runs just 14 seconds short of a full 80 minutes.

But anyway, regardless of how many discs....... THIS IS AMAZING. It was just this afternoon that I was explaining to a new friend about my love for film music, and how rubbish it was that more Indiana Jones music wasn't available.

I'm going to go and complain to them some more! See what gets announced tomorrow! :)

Um, this new friend, he wasn't maybe....

leprechauntime.jpg

I BELIEVE!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!

"And now I'll be wishing for world peace and an end to hunger..."

"Ah, but you used up all three wishes-- one for each soundtrack you did! HAAHAAHHAAHHAA!!!"

"So now there'll be no end to war... starvation still.... but there will be an expanded ToD....."

So why doesn't someone just write an e-Mail to Concorde to find out the truth?

At present, anything we have are some minutes of doubtful importance added to an already fairly complete release of 'RotLA'.

Even if they just amp up the running time of 'Indy 2+3' to 76 minutes each, it would be more than sufficient...if the person who'd selected the cues knows what he/she's doing.

Most of us are .

What we want to know is if ToD and LC will be expanded

and don't understand why you doubt it?

included are expanded and remastered versions of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and exclusive to this set: Indiana Jones & The Temple Doom, and Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade.

do you think this mean that thre are more than ONE version of Raiders in that box?? Because this is the only other thing, this announcment could mean!

your right ..

It seems to surreal

next worry;

Will everyone be able to grab one in time.I don;t like the word Limited

I am not worried about that.. not atall. This will be a worldwide release also available on Amazon.com/de etc., it would be without any logic if not. the word LIMITED must be the most overused word since the beginning of DVDs.. and turning out not to be true

and even if thy are limited and it sells out very fast, they qwill see that there is demand and do more copies and offer them for sale again. what sense does it make, to reissue the scores that have been out of print for so long (in the press release they make this sound like a shame!) only that they are out of print again..

also they will be released as single releases it said on the MM.com forum

Doom and Crusade will be available individually too, from what I understand on Nov 11 as well, but the unofficial word was unclear to be definitive to me. But you guys just said you don't want to buy it individually, so do you really care?

Awesome news!

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this will be like 1993 Star Wars Anthology Boxset: expanded scores from all three films on single discs and bonus CD with unreleased cues and alternates takes.

I called it months ago when I said that it would be lousy to re-release 45/59 minute OST albums - plus the evidence of FSM and Lego snippets - all added up. :cool:

I find it odd about the wildly separate release dates between the Raiders CD and the set. Perhaps the single-release versions are 77-79 minute single CD and the boxed set contains 2-CD sets of each?

OK, I'm just doing a bit of wishful thinking on that one. :)

I say! Incredible news.

My guess is that these will be expanded one-disc releases of each film. Suits me! It would perhaps be a pity that they won't be complete in that case, but, hey, I thought I wouldn't be seeing any more music from the films until I was on retirement or someone had invented, say, real sick sticks.

If they are 1 c.d. expanded and the person assembling the c.d.'s is a film score fan ( like Mastessino or one of the FSM guys ),then we shouldn't be missing crucial cues. If it's a Williams appointed editor then watch out. We might get the Palace source music instead of Stealing the Stones.

According to Neil's interview here on JWFan.com, Matessino isn't involved in these releases. However, I think that maybe some of the FSM guys or even Nick Redman could be part of this project. When Doug Adams premiered the ToD unreleased bits on the FSM podcast and people started to ask where they had taken those cues, he kept silent about it.

Now, I'm pretty convinced this boxset is principally aimed at John Williams/Film Music fans and collectors.

If they are 1 c.d. expanded and the person assembling the c.d.'s is a film score fan ( like Mastessino or one of the FSM guys ),then we shouldn't be missing crucial cues. If it's a Williams appointed editor then watch out. We might get the Palace source music instead of Stealing the Stones.

:)

Who can forget eminent composer J. G. himself preventing a complete release of his own 'Star Trek - TMP', even quarreling the 'Floating Office' cue until it was added to a longer track?

But i'm in good spirits that Williams has closed the book on 25-year-old scores, so he won't be too involved. Even with my more fleeting interest in longer albums in most cases, i would be crushed if the Trek music would remain unreleased or the whole mine and bridge stuff. As far as Williams goes, this and 'Hook' (even if it is too childish most of the time) and the first and last prequel score are really essential scores for long releases.

All the prequel scores are essential for long releases - AotC is full of some terrific unreleased cues and perhaps there is also a great deal of these written, but not used in the movie. :)

Anyway, I am so happy about this upcoming release. :cool:

I was beginnig to think that these were going to be only the original ones, not the expanded ones... I wish they were releasing also the expanded KotCS, but I guess I have to wait couple of years (decades) for it.

- Chris, who is glad that some good things actually do happen in this quite wretched year.

When the Superman Blue Box was announced, many people said the complete Superman II wouldn't fit on a single disc, but indeed it did. That disc runs just 14 seconds short of a full 80 minutes.

But anyway, regardless of how many discs....... THIS IS AMAZING. It was just this afternoon that I was explaining to a new friend about my love for film music, and how rubbish it was that more Indiana Jones music wasn't available.

I'm going to go and complain to them some more! See what gets announced tomorrow! :)

Um, this new friend, he wasn't maybe....

leprechauntime.jpg

I BELIEVE!!! I BELIEVE!!!!!!

"And now I'll be wishing for world peace and an end to hunger..."

"Ah, but you used up all three wishes-- one for each soundtrack you did! HAAHAAHHAAHHAA!!!"

"So now there'll be no end to war... starvation still.... but there will be an expanded ToD....."

Meh...... That'll do me!! haha.

hey... wouldn't it be nice to think that maybe........ just maybe......... an expanded ToD could bring about world peace. :cool:

As for the "limited" issue, maybe it's the sort of "limited edition" that the Star Wars OT dvd's were when they were released about two years ago in September or something, supposedly to be pulled off the shelves by the end of that year. They're still on sale now. Silly Lucasfilm.

And as for the seperate release date of Raiders..... I think that boils down to the re-use fees for sure. Raiders was LSO, so I wouldn't be surprised if the individual release of Raiders is unlimited, and the box is limited, because of ToD and LC being recorded in the states.

But, mind you, that's assuming that Concord will be approaching this release in the same way the smaller film music labels do. Maybe budget isn't such a concern to them.

FINALLY!!!!

Why does absolutely stunning new like this have to happen when I'm at work.... grrr.

If this set does indeed deliver, I'm 100% certainly buying Last Crusade at least, although if it's only expanded, there'd better not be much missing. I love the boot for what it is, but the sound quality is simply unforgivable.

Looking at the boot, it's 1 hour, 38 mins, which means a fully packed single CD would sacrifice 18 minutes of that which frankly is a lot. It'd better be 2 CDs.

To be honest with KotCS, I'd only be really fussed about the complete Jungle Chase cue. I didn't notice anything else while watching the film that leapt out to me.

Am I the only one who isn't bothered that Raiders is being expanded? Sure Washington Men has a great Ark statement, but I'm not gonna sing from the highest rooftop at the prospect of having it.

The thought that this place is going to be a hive of rabid speculation (concerning the sequel scores) for the next X amount of months is tiresome and off putting. Sorry for being so miserable about it, or unexcited, to be exact.

A lot of you are too damn picky. Be thankful you guys are getting any new music at all. Concord could have shafted everyone and just re-release the original short albums.

Or nothing at all. I don't even have the DCC edition or Raiders and the OST for Temple of Doom. It's good these are getting a new release.

And as for the seperate release date of Raiders..... I think that boils down to the re-use fees for sure. Raiders was LSO, so I wouldn't be surprised if the individual release of Raiders is unlimited, and the box is limited, because of ToD and LC being recorded in the states.

But, mind you, that's assuming that Concord will be approaching this release in the same way the smaller film music labels do. Maybe budget isn't such a concern to them.

While I don't have the figures, it's also quite possible that the various Raiders releases have sold rather well compared to the two sequel films.

I very much hope the Bonus Interview CD will contain some unreleased cues/alternate takes from all four films, à là SW Anthology boxset. It would be awesome to have also some video features with JW. No screensavers or videogame trailers, please! :)

This is most excellent news! I really hope that Concord will release the complete and not just expanded scores. And that interview CD sounds like a very interesting idea. :)

Excellent. I will wait and see if the other scores get an expended treatment as well, but the Raiders tracklist at least gets my hopes up.

Hats off to Concord if they manage to hit this one out of the park.

I may be jumping the gun but I've said, and so have several other members as well as people actually in the business, that these would come in due time. You just have to be patient.

I'm just going to sit and wait patiently for this to come out, and then get my hopes up. Some soundtracks wait far longer than 27 years for complete releases, and some never get them at all.

Concord could have shafted everyone and just re-release the original short albums.

And I would have been out-of-my-mind happy about that as well. :)

you and a very few people

Here is SAE's pre-order page for Raiders:

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10404

It lists only 3 tracks as having never been released on CD. Doesn't say whether or not Well Of Souls has the extra 6:00 minutes.

Based on how KOTCS was handled, I wouldn't expect Concord's website to list anything until a few days before the actual releases.

It's still 2 months away for the box set so there's no sense in listing it now. Plus I would bet Concord hasn't provided any info to retailers yet, other than the press release.

I'm about 95% pleased by the OST to KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL and the expanded RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, but getting expanded versions of TEMPLE OF DOOM and THE LAST CRUSADE means I will be signed up for this release hands down! No question about it.

Raiders only being $9 is their attempt to get more money. If you only want the new Raiders, fine, but if you want the whole set, wait. I'd be surprised if a copy of it didn't leak on the 'net, someplace.

I am curious about the report that TOD and LC will be issued separately. Yes the re-use fee problem, but that's not what gets me. Was the unofficial word that they would be released separately concurrent with the box set? If TOD and LC are issued individually on November 11, what would make me want to get the boxed set? No offense, but an interview with John Williams is not sufficient incentive. A few years ago, the James Bond film series was released on DVD in four box sets; the individual titles were released beginning a few months later. If TOD and LC won't be issued until next year, some time, that may be enough to get me to buy the set.

This should prove to be interesting...