Indiana Jones: The Soundtracks Collection (OFFICIAL thread)

Erik Woods

But you missed JWFan at its finest!

(Cue "Stealing the Stones", which I just listened to on a documentary. I LOVE THAT CUE!)

Only in JWFAN can pointless bickering, erotic photographs of Harrison Ford, and conspiracy theories (some pertaining to those aforementioned photographs) combine and create over 1 million words of unadulterated art!

You must have missed the official press release posted at soundtrack.net and starwars.com. We will be getting both expanded albums and additional unreleased music on the fifth disc.

You must have missed the official press release posted at soundtrack.net and starwars.com. We will be getting both expanded albums and additional unreleased music on the fifth disc.

I thought that only Raiders was expanded and that TOD and LC are the same as originally released, with unreleased music from those two films on the 5th disc only.

15 days left for Raiders to be out...

Anyone excited???

No.

I can't get excited over eight additional minutes of basically irrelevant music when the rest around it is already sitting on my shelve in CD form.

"Government Agents" = irrelevant?

Does not compute.

I'm happy about Raiders expanded, but not enough to buy it in October.

On a seperate note, I'm actually hoping that the instrumental versions of "Anything Goes" are released (right after the song and during the big fight). That melody is a ton of fun.

What if, besides "Government Agents", the full version from "The Well of the Souls" is also on Raiders CD? May be worth an antecipated buying, and it would be a nice kick in the @ss to those greedy and selfish eBay members who sells the double LP at such high prices... :)

I was thinking that maybe Williams recorded the new concert arrangement of "Marion's Theme" during the KOTCS recording sessions, but they purposefully did not include it on the OST album because it will be presented on the boxset (as a special bonus on disc 5).

there's no reason to get the individual Raiders c.d. if you get the box.

I know, but for the anxious one... what is US$9?

And I'm also wondering if this remastered version will top the 1995 Steve Hoffman remaster...

Unless you only like Raiders and could care less about the other 3 films.

Nothing like that... love all 3 films... maybe KOTCS too!

Hmm, wonder who that would be...

Visit the Universal Currency Converter:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Right now, $9 equals 17.3972 Brazil Reais

And right now, $9 lets me drive a whopping 50 miles in my vehicle, or about one and a half trips to work.

there's no reason to get the individual Raiders c.d. if you get the box.

there will be other means while waiting for the box

Visit the Universal Currency Converter:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

Right now, $9 equals 17.3972 Brazil Reais

We also have international shipping costs and some taxes from imports... it'll practically triple the price... :)

And also, with those economic crisis thing, I don't know what's gonna happen with the price of US dollars here..

But, as long as it contains "Government Agents" and the full version of "The Well of the Souls", and tops the Steve Hoffman masters (wich I'm not so sure it will), then it worth an antecipated buying...

Not me.

There are no re-use fees since it was recorded with the LSO, plus the Raiders album was probably the most successful one from the series. So it makes sense to release that one for the casual soundtrack fans.

And who knows, they may have planned or still plan to release the other albums later. It may have been cheaper or part of an agreement that the only way LC & TOD could be released expanded was to be included in a box set.

I think my mind's been convinced significantly to just go ahead and pre-order the box set, rather than hold out hope for tracklists before buying.

Because I don't know what knowing the tracklists will accomplish if disc 5 isn't sold separately.

I'm not buying anything before the box set.

On a related topic, a Blu-ray rip of KotCS has apparently surfaced, with 5 wonderful channels and you know what that means.... roll on complete Jungle Chase ;)

Very nice, I can't wait to hear what comes of it!

Yeah I'll wait for the box set but I'm gonna see what SAE charges before I pre-order.

http://www.screenarchives.com/title_detail.cfm?ID=10486

with shipping, i doubt it's any cheaper.

Yeah but I can order other stuff and ship together. Tower Records looks like the best bargain. Although Barnes & Noble could be cheaper if you can take advantage of one of the monthly coupons they offer online.

Joe is a week late

no, I'm just not obsessive compulsive for ever bit of news about this release like you KM, I've read the front page daily but have yet to see anything that confirms expanded albums

I'll wait for a track list before I get excited.

but have yet to see anything that confirms expanded albums

The press releases have all said the scores will be expanded

I personally don't understand why everyone is freaking out, worrying about whether or not the scores will be complete. The fact that we're getting more music is something to be grateful for, to say nothing of the fact that the scores are to be put back in print at all.

I've realized lately that I don't "need" all of the music from a film. As long as the album has all of the important stuff, that's all that matters. I'm completely happy with the OST to Hollow Man despite the fact that there's a lot missing. What's there is the best stuff. Regarding something like Star Trek: Nemesis... Not so much.

But anyway, I'd be perfectly happy if the new TOD tracklist were something like this.

But first, to avoid confusion:

THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, THE TRACK LIST FOR THE TEMPLE OF DOOM RE-RELEASE

1. Anything Goes

2. The Diamond Deal*

3. Fast Streets of Shanghai

4. Over the Himalayas*

5. Slalom on Mt. Humol

6. The Village*

7. Fortune and Glory*

8. Short Round's Theme

9. Nocturnal Activities

10. Bug Tunnel and Death Trap

11. Mola Ram's Mass*

12. Stealing the Stones*

13. Children in Chains

14. Slave Children's Crusade

15. The Mine Car Chase

16. The Bridge, Finale & End Title**

THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, THE TRACK LIST FOR THE TEMPLE OF DOOM RE-RELEASE

That's all I really want. They could put "The Temple of Doom" on disc 5.

As far as The Last Crusade... I'm pretty satisfied with the OST, but there are a few things missing.

THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, THE OFFICIAL TRACKLIST FOR THE LAST CRUSADE

1. Indy's Very First Adventure

2. Dunn & Duffy Circus Train*

3. The Portuguese Coast*

4. Henry's House*

5. X Marks the Spot

6. Ah, Rats!!!

7. Escape from Venice

8. To Castle Brunwald*

9. Don't Call Me Junior!*

10. Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

11. No Ticket

12. Back to Berlin*

13. Brother of the Cruciform Sword

14. Belly of the Steel Beast

15. The Canyon of the Crescent Moon

16. The Penitent Man Will Pass**

17. The Keeper of the Grail

18. Power of the Grail*

19. End Credits

THIS IS NOT, I REPEAT NOT, THE OFFICIAL TRACKLIST FOR THE LAST CRUSADE

As for "Keeping up with the Joneses", I think disc 5 would be a good place.

Good thing no one else has posted a compiled list of existing OST and bootleg track titles together in a single place in this thread before, because that post above is genuinely funny.

:lol:

but have yet to see anything that confirms expanded albums

The press releases have all said the scores will be expanded

Is this awful, awful discussion still going on?

11. Mola Ram's Mass*

Doesn't sound quite right.

What does the "*" indicate, "not a typo"?

I think I can speak for many people when I express my disappointment in the packaging. Why couldn't they figure out a way to make the package look like a big fedora? Just visualize it: the cds could stack inside the hat's center, etc.... can you imagine how awful they would look stacked on a store fixture..... :lol: Heck, they could have hatbox-shaped package by having a coiled bullwhip make up the lower part, with the fedora atop it, and... oh boy.

Yeah, just another nonsense post to get us to yet ANOTHER page! By the way, what's the record at this forum for most pages? The most recent compilations/soundtracks thread?

faritnjohn2.jpg