The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

The Feb.14 titles will be announced the previous Friday, right? Well, it happens that that very day (February 10) is also my birthday, so a Hook 3CD set would really be the utmost, ultimate birthday gift :)

February 14th is a Tuesday. All La-La Land titles come out on Tuesdays (Friday the 13th boxset was a rare exception).

MV always pre-announces the titles the Tuesday before, with some rare exceptions (Black Friday, Christmas Eve).

So, MV will let us know what the February 14th titles are on Tuesday, February 7th.

You could pull off a 2CD set that covers absolutely everything essential to the score including the known original and revised versions of cues. This would only work if the two Ultimate War inserts were presented seperately as short tracks, or if they were inserted into the Utlimate War track but the original, non-Insert-ed version of The Ultimate War was not included at all.

If you wanted to present the Ultimate War sequence twice, once with inserts and once without, you would need 3 CDs. You would also need 3 CDs if some alternates/original versions that we never knew about before were uncovered. If somehow old demo versions of the songs from the aborted play were licenesed, you would need 3 CDs to include those as well.

So, it all depends on what exisits, and what is able to be licensed and approved.

Varese did release the Peter Pan OST, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the rights in perpetuity. They might, but they might not.

Varese did release the Peter Pan OST, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have the rights in perpetuity. They might, but they might not.

The CD is still in print though. I looked on Movie Music and it's readily available there as well as on Varèse site.

La-La-Land often includes the original album as well... so the first 2 CDs will be the complete score, while the third disc contains the old album plus some alternates.

Yes please

The Feb.14 titles will be announced the previous Friday, right? Well, it happens that that very day (February 10) is also my birthday, so a Hook 3CD set would really be the utmost, ultimate birthday gift :)

February 14th is a Tuesday. All La-La Land titles come out on Tuesdays (Friday the 13th boxset was a rare exception).

MV always pre-announces the titles the Tuesday before, with some rare exceptions (Black Friday, Christmas Eve).

So, MV will let us know what the February 14th titles are on Tuesday, February 7th.

Thanks for the clarification, I messed up with dates. However, Feb 7th is just one day before JW's 80th birthday...

MV just posted on the LaLaLand Facebook page:

So far in January I have been to Gotham City and Camp Crystal Lake -- I wonder what other far off distant magical place awaits me? :)

:D

Well, clearly he's talking about Duckworld. The next release is Howard The Duck.

MV just posted on the LaLaLand Facebook page:

So far in January I have been to Gotham City and Camp Crystal Lake -- I wonder what other far off distant magical place awaits me? :)

:D

Well, clearly he's talking about Duckworld. The next release is Howard The Duck.

Magical world? It's My Little Pony, of course.

Even though friendship is magic I bet he is talking about Never Never Land. HOOK it is! :D

I hope it's either Hook or a Jurassic 1 & 2 box.

It occurred to me last night that next year, the first film is 20 years old. Two decades, and not a single additional note from the score has appeared in any form... and no, the clean History Lesson cue doesn't change anything. Still sounds too distant.

Two of my holy grail releases right there. :)

Magical, far distant lands:

"Hook"

"Willow"

"Legend"

"Peter Pan"

"Return to Oz"

"The Dark Crystal"

"The Nightmare Before Christmas"

"The Never Ending Story" (la la LA, la la LA, LA LA la)

"The Black Cauldron"

"My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic". Just kidding.

Two of my holy grail releases right there. :)

Mine two, i hope this is the time for the soooo long delayed Hook release... but the Jurassics would be a worthy replacement ;)

I'm sorry I have to ask I'm desparate. Even though Conti's name isn't on the list, could you still be releasing anything of his this year?

We hope (fingers crossed) :)

MV

Well if that comment has anything to do with the La-La Land piano demo, it could well be Conti's original 'Gonna Fly Now' demo???

Rocky could be considered a major project ......oh, please let it be so!!

MV has a new avatar up on FSM:

1801w.gif

Illustrating The Score has posted a larger version:

34143133236551346508515.jpg

(I shrunk it down for this post - click it to make it even bigger!!)

It's quite clearly for Elfman's Planet of the Apes

4162919109.jpg

Don't forget, La-La Land has a 3CD set dropping on the 14th, as well as a 90's romantic score. So that means POTA will be 3 discs.

Don't forget, La-La Land has a 3CD set dropping on the 14th, as well as a 90's romantic score. So that means POTA will be 3 discs.

3 discs for POTA? Wow. I think this will have some Elfman fans jumping for joy. :)

BTW, the guy in the helmet doesn't look like Marky-Mark to me. Could it be a clue to the 90's romantic score released on the same day?

The complete score barely fills a second disc. What could make it three CD's?

The 2CD boot: 97:10

The Commercial: 58:27

The bonus material from the Elf-box: 18:14

Total time: approx. 116 minutes. That would not fill an entire second disc.

You are assuming that the 2CD boot was complete. It was not.

Also, 97:10 + 58:27 + 18:14 = over 173 minutes, not 116 minutes.

If memory serves the boot was just a rip of the isolated score from the DVD.

That is correct!

Jason, he included the Elfman box as complete material.

Huh? The OST, 2CD boot, and Elfman/Burton boxset material combined is STILL not everything recorded. That is my point.

You are assuming that the 2CD boot was complete. It was not.

Also, 97:10 + 58:27 + 18:14 = over 173 minutes, not 116 minutes.

You're duplicating tracks. The isolated score contains tracks already released. Some, of course, may necessarily be alternate takes, but even less than half is later cues and included, that's still not a full second CD.

Well as I said above, the 2CD boot did not contain everything recorded anyway.

And besides, if by contractual obligation they had to include the OST on its own disc, then the package would have to be a 3CD set if the complete recordings totaled 81 minutes or 159.