The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

I see that one of the tracks contains music from Goldenthal's ALIEN³. Could the inclusion of this piece here mean that La-La Land also have the rights to ALIEN³ for a future release?

No

MV

To address some issues:

1. The * is a publishing situation. We had it on Batman we have it on this. Its an internal, legal thing.

2. Batman and Batman Returns are done to the last 350 units

3. Keaton is the best modern Batman, but Adam West will always BE Batman

4. We are not doing Alien 3. I don't think anyone is.

5. I wouldn't hold my breath for Batman and Robin from any label.

6. The Alien 3 music is from the film. We put it in on there because if we didn't many would complain its missing. Plus, its a great piece of music AND it was written by the same composer.

MV

Speaking of Adam West and unlikely soundtrack recordings, what's the likelihood of some more Nelson Riddle on the La-La Land label? Is it more likely or less likely than "Batman and Robin," for instance?

One of my dream projects would be a comprehensive Riddle collection. Sadly the rights are controled by a faction that is difficult to deal with. Hell, the dam shows were never released on any home video forum thus far. Perhaps some day

MV

Has Fox turned up any previously unavailable masters? Or was that just a false rumor about the Alien 3 masters having deteriated?

The Alien³ material on this album was on the Batman Forever tapes. I also checked every scrap of paperwork and all of the tapes just to make sure an original composition wasn't composed for this scene. "Wreckage and Rape" appears to have been intended for this film all along.

Neil

I recall it was MV himself whom had said a year or year and-a-half ago in an FSM thread that the tapes to "Alien 3" were damanged beyond use, or some such.

He also said, by the way that "Batman" and "Batman Returns" are down to 350 each.

He also said, by the way that "Batman" and "Batman Returns" are down to 350 each.

I quoted him saying that in the post literally right above yours

• 2 weeks later...
A NOTE ABOUT OUR NEXT RELEASE DATE:

Our planned release for Jan 31 will not be done in time, so that title will now be coming out for Valentine's Day, FEBRUARY 14, along with 1...possibly 2 other titles.

MV

So that means:

2012-02-14 LLLCD1193 (3CD set)

2012-02-14 LLLCD1199 (90's romantic comedy)

2012-02-14 LLLCD1198 (might not be done until 02-28)

2012-02-28 LLLCD1191

2012-02-28 LLLCD1200 (their 200th release)

I wonder if LLLCD1191 could be Hook. For the Friday the 13th Trivia question on LLL's Facebook page, MV remarked that several of their releases hane the last two digits of their catalog number be the last two digits of the film release year. Mars Attacks' ended in 96, Commando ended in 85, and 1941 ended in 79 for example.

That's pretty sad about Alien3. I guess thBD ISO score is as good as it gets...but I shouldn't complain. They've released a ton of awesomeness so far :)

I was wondering exactly the same thing!

I wonder if LLLCD1191 could be Hook. For the Friday the 13th Trivia question on LLL's Facebook page, MV remarked that several of their releases hane the last two digits of their catalog number be the last two digits of the film release year. Mars Attacks' ended in 96, Commando ended in 85, and 1941 ended in 79 for example.

From the list of 2012 composer (which MV said today at FSM is not a FULL list of composers, just like I stated a couple weeks ago), with me adding 1991 titles (removing any with [known] rejected scores, since it wasn't mentioned by MV):

WILLIAMS

"Hook"

"JFK"

MANFREDINI

Already released; I would assume no more, since that was a lot.

ELFMAN

No films listed for 1991 on IMDB.com.

GOLDENTHAL

Already released, unless there is more.

NEWMAN

No specific Newman named, so:

Thomas Newman 1991:

"Fried Green Tomatoes"

"Deceived"

"The Rapture"

"The Linguini Incident"

"Career Opportunities"

David Newman 1991:

"Paradise"

"Rover Dangerfield"

"Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead"

"Talent for the Game"

"The Marrying Man"

TIOMKIN

Future titlealready known.

HOWARD

Since they all go by last name, then it is James Newton Howard, so:

"Grand Canyon"

"My Girl"

"The Man in the Moon"

"Dying Young"

"Guilty by Suspicion"

"King Ralph"

GOLDSMITH

"Not Without My Daughter"

KAMEN

"The Last Boy Scout"

"Let Him Have It"

"Company Business"

"Hudson Hawk"

"Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves"

"Nothing But Trouble"

MANCINI

"Married to It"

"Switch"

"Never Forget" (TV movie)

Great, so that means :

2012-02-14 LLLCD1193 (3CD set)

2012-02-14 LLLCD1199 (90's romantic comedy)

2012-02-14 LLLCD1198 (might not be done until 02-28)

2012-02-28 LLLCD1191

2012-02-28 LLLCD1200 (200th release!!)

If all goes well...yes, thats the plan.

MV

PS I said romantic, not necessarily a comedy. smile.gif

MV just posted on the LaLaLand Facebook page:

So far in January I have been to Gotham City and Camp Crystal Lake -- I wonder what other far off distant magical place awaits me? :)

:D

:joy:

It's got to be Hook. No human being could give so many hints over the last three years, knowing full well how Hook hopefuls would interpret them, without being able to deliver.

That's as blantat as you can be without literally announcing it. We should start saving up, Hook is coming. Will it be the 3 cd set or the 200th title?

I'm not going to get excited at all for Hook, I already did that last November. I will assume it is something sucky, and then I shall be pleasantly surprised.

I just realized I haven't listened to Hook since July 2010, when speculation about LLL releasing it for Black Friday 2010 first began. This is going to be a nice drink of water.

The magical place is Fantasia. We are overdue for a serious presentation of the score to The Never-Ending Story, one without that ultra sugary synthesized happy feeling "Ivory Tower" to be found on every album I've ever found.

MV just posted on the LaLaLand Facebook page:

So far in January I have been to Gotham City and Camp Crystal Lake -- I wonder what other far off distant magical place awaits me? :)

:D

Neil replied to MVs comment:

The Land of Make Believe, of course. Oh my, I may have said too much.

MV never promised that their 200th release would be "big". In fact, I don't think he's said anything about it one way or the other.

Their 50th title was Spaceballs, and their 100th and 150th were Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica Season 4 and Caprica, so they certainly haven't purposely held "big" titles for landmark numbers in the past.

This is just ridiculous, and I don't believe in superstition, but:

Last night my wife and I were hanging out after putting the baby to sleep. We had "Frasier" on TV just for background noise. I was thumbing through the forums here and saw the announcement/comment from MV about "what magical land will we visit next," etc. At that moment I glanced up from the phone at the TV, and at the bottom of the TV the channel had a little graphic that said "Next up: Hook." I'd say that's a sign, right? ;)

This is just ridiculous, and I don't believe in superstition, but:

Last night my wife and I were hanging out after putting the baby to sleep. We had "Frasier" on TV just for background noise. I was thumbing through the forums here and saw the announcement/comment from MV about "what magical land will we visit next," etc. At that moment I glanced up from the phone at the TV, and at the bottom of the TV the channel had a little graphic that said "Next up: Hook." I'd say that's a sign, right? ;)

That was exactly the sign i was waiting for! ;)

The Feb.14 titles will be announced the previous Friday, right? Well, it happens that that very day (February 10) is also my birthday, so a Hook 3CD set would really be the utmost, ultimate birthday gift :)