The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

MV had all ready made a posting a while back about the Friday The 13th box set. It's coming.

Did he maybe also say which movies will be represented in this box set? All of 'em?!

1-6, all the Manfredini scores.

MV had all ready made a posting a while back about the Friday The 13th box set. It's coming.

Did he maybe also say which movies will be represented in this box set? All of 'em?!

I suggest you bookmark this site:

http://en.wikipedia....Upcoming_titles

For example, you can go there and see that I have Friday The 13th Box Set listed. You can then click the reference link ( [36] ) to be taken to the original FSM post where MV announced it that contains all the information there is to know about it

Um, but he also wrote The Final Friday and Jason X, plus cowrote Part VII ... :blink:

I suggest you bookmark this site:

http://en.wikipedia....Upcoming_titles

For example, you can go there and see that I have Friday The 13th Box Set listed. You can then click the reference link ( [36] ) to be taken to the original FSM post where MV announced it that contains all the information there is to know about it

Will do, thank you!

Um, but he also wrote The Final Friday and Jason X, plus cowrote Part VII ... :blink:

Manfredini's material from Part VII I believe was tracked from previous films. The Final Friday and Jason X are from New Line Cinema, so there might have been a licencing issue in bundling them together with the Paramount films.

I re-read the post on Facebook apparently the list is just SOME of the names. Which means there could be other composers too.

I hope so. Not to sound selfish but I'm hoping for some more Poledouris scores :blush:

Since my copy of Die Hard still isn't here, could someone tell me what the track Happy Trails is like?

It's basically the tracked music they used from "Under The Table" when John shoots Hans and then is able to get Holli's watch released and see Hans fall to his death.

Well, that's a little disappointing :-/ do the liner notes say anything about whether Kamen wrote music for that (and the scenes afterwards, with Scott and Horner music used)? Was he even asked to?

Well, that's a little disappointing :-/ do the liner notes say anything about whether Kamen wrote music for that (and the scenes afterwards, with Scott and Horner music used)? Was he even asked to?

There was really no information in the liner notes by Eric Lichtenfeld about that cue.

This is what the track by track analysis said regarding that cue"

"Just when it seems Gruber is about to execute the unarmed McClane, sleigh bells play over McClane's incongruous laughter----and the reveal that he has a pistol taped to his back. As McClane shoots, Kamen's shrill, staccato brass hits (reprised from "Under the Table")---quickly joined by a hammered anvil and col legno perucssion---accompany Gruber as McClane's bullet sends him through a window and, after a last, desperate grab for Holly and McClane, finally to his death on the Nakatomi Plaza hundreds of feet below".

Well what Kamen said to me, back in 1999, about the final scene of Die Hard is that the producers loved very much those 2 temporary tracks. So much that Kamen didn't compose anything for the final. "I told them to keep them as they liked it so much and I left the movie!".

Kamen was a really amazing composer and a so kind human being ! I really miss him. :crymore:

I didn't say he was. But he assembled this album, and I like his notes for albums he assembles

As do I.

I wished that he had done the liner notes for Independence Day too instead of Dan Goldwasser...ugh.

Manfredini's material from Part VII I believe was tracked from previous films. The Final Friday and Jason X are from New Line Cinema, so there might have been a licencing issue in bundling them together with the Paramount films.

Oh, I see. Well, I'll definitely be buying this seen as how I've wanted these scores for years. I expect I'll have to hurry again as I suspect it could be another fast sell-out.

I didn't say he was. But he assembled this album, and I like his notes for albums he assembles

As do I.

I wished that he had done the liner notes for Independence Day too instead of Dan Goldwasser...ugh.

Amen. Goldwasser apparently lacks musical training so his liners are usually general information on the film and composer/crew interviews whereas I would love track-by-track analyses and in-depth info on the score. Matessino's work on e.g. SW scores, Home Alone scores and 1941 is both entertaining and analytical and precise. Great stuff. Analyses and essays by Jeff Bond are also excellent.

I wish Doug Adams wrote more liner notes. I always find his reviews to be fascinating, even though I don't always understand all of the technical musical jargon used.

I wish Doug Adams wrote more liner notes. I always find his reviews to be fascinating, even though I don't always understand all of the technical musical jargon used.

Indeed. Although I think if he got too technical it would go above most peoples' heads very quickly. On the other hand if Music of the Lord of the Rings Films and his numerous reviews and articles (usually highly analytical) on FSM are anything to judge him by he would do very well. :)

I'd prefer something between Doug's very technical approach and something more descriptive.

I'm far more interested in the musical effect the composer is going for in an emotional sense. While the technical stuff in Doug's book can be revealing, I don't understand all of it.

He's wrote a very interesting brief note for the release of Mychael Danna The Nativity Story, explaining some crucial elements of the score.

Anyway, got my CD's in pristine condition just 20 minutes ago. Haven't listened to them yet, but gotta say Tora! Tora! Tora! booklet is one of the best looking I've ever seen. The hand-drawn artwork is fantastic (a production artwork?).

Karol

Since some of you beat me to the punch I won't bore you with a recap of our 2012 plans.

However, I will give you an update on 2011:

ALL orders received in the past week have been processed and shipped. The fine folks at the triple L worked all hours of the day packing up said goodies and shipping them off. Santa's elves have nothing on our lil monkeys.

We will be closing down for the holidays starting Dec 19 and will reopen on Jan 2. If you send us an email or call us durring that time chances are 50/50 you will get a response (depending on the egg nog consumption). Just be patient and know all issues will be addressed as soon as we get around to it or they will have to wait until we reopen in the new year.

Starting on Dec 24 of this year we will be taking advantage of our facebook page more often...making announcements about our upcoming product and such, so don't expect to see any more pre-announcements around these parts posted by yours truly (ie the info I post a week before a release date). I will still be lurking about, answering serious questions or concerns, making official press releases here on release dates... but for the most part our interactions with our customers and stalkers...errr, "fans" will be focused on facebook in the future. (Gotta do our part to make sure that FB stock opens big when it goes public)

Our Facebook Page is: http://www.facebook.com/#!/lalalandrecords

Come. Join us. We won't bite. . .much

So, to recap:

Closed Dec 19 to Jan 2

On Facebook Page Dec 24 we announce our Jan 3 title

No more Pre Announcement posts on the FSM Board by us (you may always repost them if you want)

Never Say No to a Sailor

From all of us at La-La Land Records, we want to wish all of you a safe and happy holiday season.

Now sing it with me, "Fa La La La Laaaaaa La La La LAND!"

Source: http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=85073

• 2 weeks later...

It's Batman Forever! Confirmed on FB! Is it wrong for me to be more excited for this than I was for Batman or Batman Returns? LOL

RIDDLE ME THIS. . .

What is 2 cds long, contains music composed by the brilliant Elliot Goldenthal and is coming out from La-La Land Records on January 3, 2012?

BATMAN FOREVER: EXPANDED ARCHIVAL COLLECTION - 2 CD SET

MUSIC BY ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL

LLLCD 1189

RETAIL PRICE: $29.98

Produced by Elliot Goldenthal

Produced for La-La Land Records by Neil S. Bulk and Dan Goldwasser

Mastered by James Nelson at Digital Outland

Liner Notes by John Takis

Art Direction by Dan Goldwasser

What better way to kick off 2012 (and La-La Land's 10 year Anniversary) by unleashing an expanded version of Elliot Goldenthal's mind blowing score to the 1995 smash hit BATMAN FOREVER?!

Containing over 150 minutes of music this jam packed 2 disc set features additional music, newly remastered sound, detailed liner notes by resident "BAT-EXPERT" John Takis and wonderful art direction by Dan Goldwasser. As an added treat the entire production was produced and supervised by the composer himself, making this not only a must for Batfans, but a great listening experience as well.

The cd goes on sale Jan 3, 2012 at 1 pm pst at www.lalalandrecords.com and other fine online establishments.

Merry Christmas!

392751_10150553154138755_56031953754_10977753_794263723_n.jpg

EDIT: They just added-

LIMITED EDITION OF 3,500 UNITS.

Admin note: Discuss this release here

• 2 weeks later...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL!

Just a reminder that tomorrow, at 1 pm PST we will start taking orders on AND shipping out Batman Forever.

Then, on January 13, comes Jason Vorhees himself -- all 6 discs of him.

(Please note there is nothing scheduled for Jan 17 -- Friday the 13th would have been the release but its coming out a few days early. Gee, I wonder why? -- ;) )

Our 3rd release of the year (a 3 disc set) will hopefully happen on January 31. The plan is to have LLLCD 1193 in stock then, but it might not make the release date if the cds are not done in time. So, chances are looking slim that we will have anything out on this day. Only time will tell.

February 14 -- if release #193 does not happen for Jan 31, then it will certainly come out for Valentines Day along with, what I hope will be, a great romantic score -- our #199 release -- one of my favs from the 90's - expanded, remastered and sounding more lush and beautiful than ever. Release #198 may also come out on this day as well.

February 28 -- Break out the Cold Duck and order me up a McRib sandwich, 'cus its time to celebrate release #200! This will most likely be partnered with release #191, rounding out La-La Land Records first 200 releases!

Guesses?

Romantic 90s score that's been released to some extent.... I'd love an official My Best Friend's Wedding but we only have a suite from that - would hardly consider it an expansion.

3 CD set - TV perhaps?

200th: HOOK!

Wow, any of the releases from January 31 - February 28 sound like they could be Hook. I know Hook is supposed to fit on 2 CDs, but maybe there are alternates or musical numbers that haven't been considered? Or maybe the OST will be reissued along with an expansion?

Williams' 80th birthday is on February, 8th. I cannot believe a label wouldn't jump on the chance to celebrate him around that date. It makes no sense to announce this release a month after (but you never know).

"Duck" "Mc" ... "Ducktales: The Movie" / "Ducktales: The Series" (assuming Disney has changed their mind about licensing animated scores -- maybe that was the hint Intrada gave when they said some future 2012 titles would be ones previously impossible).

As I recall, MV said there were four box sets for 2012

1. Firday the 13th

2. The X-Files: Volume 2

3. One of the next Trek boxes (TNG or D.S.9.)

4. ?????

But a 3CD set doesn't necessairly mean a box set, it could just mean one complete score or a score and rejected score over 3CD's.