Hans Zimmer to produce Tin Tin score

Jay

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noo!!

Zimmer will add his trademark sound to the already finished music, giving it a modern texture that most people identify with these days.

I'm glad they didn't put the board offline again :mrgreen:

Some forums shut themselves off for the day and opened up 4chan-style message boards instead. Granted that would have been old (to me) but it would have been better. Maybe next year we can get a better April Fools thing - as I said, I don't see the faux-Prequel scores announcement being topped any time soon.

Now if the main page had said "JWfan is shutting down due to lack of funds", I'd have believed that.

;)

Logical. Zimmer has experience writing for animated movies, he even won an Oscar for it. All Williams has to offer in the area is some goofy temporary music to be replaced by a march.

OMG!!!! i really fell for it!!!!

My heart stopped beating for a moment and when i saw your comments about April's Fool it came to its place!!

is the whole statement false, or the part that Williams will retire has some truth in it?

this is really the heart attack inducing line:

Zimmer will add his trademark sound to the already finished music, giving it a modern texture that most people identify with these days.

Well, he's sort of slipped into a de facto form of partial retirement from scoring films, filmmusic. He went three years without doing a film score, then did KOTCS, then went another three years before War Horse and Tin Tin. My guess is that he'll continue to score Spielberg films as long as he can - and he'll of course keep writing concert works and stuff that never makes it out of his house or studio - but that's probably about it.

minor league stuff here. Nothing to see folks move along, move along.

I almost got a heart attack seeing my worst nightmare becoming reality... Guys, this isn't stuff to joke about! ;)

(It is now April 2, please can someone confirm this was indeed a joke?)

Sorry guys & gals, you can blame this year's "joke" on me.

Unfortunately the article was the rough draft I typed up last week and I never got around to proofing it or changing Alan Smithee's name. However Ricard liked it and did kindly fix the errors within the article.

I had originally had Zimmer re-scoring portions of Tintin due to the film not testing well among studio heads but Marc thought the producing angle would be even more confusing so I went with that.

The board going down wasn't an April Fools joke, unless someone else knows something I don't.

JWFan has a long history of making prolonged April Fool's jokes--remembr last year's Episode I complete edition? I think it lasted almost two weeks :)

The thing with that is it was posted on a different site and BEFORE April.