Official Danny Elfman Thread

Jay

1 hour ago, Jay said:

You can't remove a post, but you can click "Edit" and change it to anything you want. 

It won't allow that, as it merged it into the other posters' quote for some reason. 

29 minutes ago, Thor said:

Not sure why you want it removed. It's a nice resource site for this particular issue, even if it is "slanted" towards Elfman's side.

For obvious reasons, I now feel it might not be wise to have shared it. 

1 hour ago, livinglavidaloca said:

It won't allow that, as it merged it into the other posters' quote for some reason. 

You won’t be able to edit whatever user quoted you (they’d have to do that, should they want to delete the link for whatever reason), but if you scroll up to the original post you made, you should be able to edit it out.

4 hours ago, mstrox said:

You won’t be able to edit whatever user quoted you (they’d have to do that, should they want to delete the link for whatever reason), but if you scroll up to the original post you made, you should be able to edit it out.

Just edited it out of mine but it still remains on deedeees post. 

There's obviously no way for you to edit other people's posts, even if they've quoted you.  No forum would ever allow that

But you've always been able to edit your own posts here.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

There's obviously no way for you to edit other people's posts, even if they've quoted you.  No forum would ever allow that

But you've always been able to edit your own posts here.

I just thought if I edited my post which they quoted, that the quoted portion would also change. But wasn't sure. Not that I could directly edit someone else's actual post. But, for other reasons, I can see why the edit wouldn't apply to the quoted one as well, though. 

• 4 weeks later...

A question to all of you folks knowledgeable about releases and labels and rights and so on, and news related thereof.

I count 6 Elfman scores in recent years that have no CD release. Has anyone heard anything about the CD prospect of these?

DOLITTLE

THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW

DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS (an LP exists, but not a CD?)

WHITE NOISE

WEDNESDAY

(just be clear, I own digital file versions of all of these, of course...it's the physical CD I'm after)

Wait, did they release The Woman in the Window digitally?

I bought the others digitally. I’ve heard nothing and I suspect they’re all victim to modern trends - digital/streaming first, horseshit records second, CDs not at all.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

Wait, did they release The Woman in the Window digitally?

No, sorry, forgot to specify -- I got a promo for that.

1 minute ago, mstrox said:

I bought the others digitally. I’ve heard nothing and I suspect they’re all victim to modern trends - digital/streaming first, horseshit records second, CDs not at all.

Yeah. But suddenly something is announced under my radar, so just thought I'd ask in case someone had 'inside info'.

Why did you put 'inside info' in quotes?

None of these scores have physical CD editions, like most scores of the past 15 years.  You didn't miss anything.

CD is a niche format!

I'm aware they don't have a CD release, hence the question. Meanwhile, ALIENS, CLOWNS AND GEEKS, MIB3, DUMBO, THE GRINCH etc. going back, do. Some do and some don't. There doesn't seem to be any system to it. Would be interesting to know if some of them did eventually appear, though, and places like this sometimes have people "in the know" that could tell us about the nuts and bolts of these releases (there, I used quotes again).

Yeah, I knew what you meant, and I'm confirming for you that the ones you asked about do not have a physical CD release, you didn't miss anything.

Oh I see, you were asking if there was rumors for any coming soon.  Nope, no rumors either.

29 minutes ago, JTW said:

It is? 

In the year 2023? Yeah.  Most new music made does not come out on that format.

6 hours ago, Thor said:

No, sorry, forgot to specify -- I got a promo for that.

How is it on album? I remember really liking it in the film and wanting an album that never came. I would love to listen to it

32 minutes ago, JNHFan2000 said:

How is it on album? I remember really liking it in the film and wanting an album that never came. I would love to listen to it

It's like GIRL ON THE TRAIN, only less interesting (and GIRL ON THE TRAIN ain't that interesting either, so no biggie), but a shame it didn't even get a digital release.

TULIP FEVER was pretty nice, but THE CIRCLE (2017) was the last time I REALLY liked an Elfman score, so much so that it made it to my top 10 of the year.

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

First, let's let any process run its course, shall we?

Yes, the good ol’ “it was never proven in court defense.” Sigh. I have nothing else to say. Just sharing my (somewhat knowledgeable) opinion. I don’t care enough about the dude to comment further.

4 minutes ago, Schilkeman said:

Yes, the good ol’ “it was never proven in court defense.” Sigh.

It's how most healthy legal systems work. You're free to pre-judge all you want, but personally I believe in the process. I'm thankful that I'm now allowed to dig Kevin Spacey again, for example, not only as an actor (which I did all along), but also as a person.

That being said, these allegations suck, whatever the outcome will be.

23 minutes ago, Thor said:

I believe in the process

I’ve seen the process first hand, and I don’t. But I got out of the business because of debates like this. I won’t put myself in another one. I hope it all works out for the people it needs to work out for.

It’s sad to see the career and legacy of one of my favorite film composers go down in flames. Regardless of the court ruling - which I hope will be in favour of Elfman -, I don’t think his career can recover from this.
I hate the Metoo age where everyone can be defamed without having to prove anything. 

If I were Tim Burton, I'd stick with Elfman, my friend and collaborator for decades. He's innocent until proven guilty. 

6 hours ago, Jay said:

I wonder what will happen with Beetlejuice 2

Hopefully Elfman has already started working on the score. Burton has said in an interview that the film had been 99% shot when the SAG-AFTRA strike started. So fingers crossed, we'll have a Danny Elfman Beetlejuice 2 score. 

I don't know how to feel about those stories. I love Danny Elfman, the film music composer, not the singer, but I have always found him a bit eccentric as a human being.

Then...

What we are learning through these accusations is that Danny Elfman used his "star" status to get women into his bed. As for whether these situations involved underage girls, I don't think so. Did they include violence in any form? I don't think so.

Sometimes we do things that we are not particularly proud of after doing them. Sexual intercourse often implies a dominant/dominee or seducer/seduced role play. That's life.

Please inform me if I missed something important.

18 minutes ago, Bespin said:

Please inform me if I missed something important.

Only that these are only accusations, not facts, and that Danny Elfman is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. 

1 minute ago, JTW said:

Only that these are only accusations, not facts, and that Danny Elfman is innocent until proven guilty by the court of law. 

There's no smoke without fire, and it fits the character. However, from what I know for now, it doesn't keep me from sleeping. And I'm not ready to throw away my CD collection. Far from me the idea of downplaying the facts and the impact on the women involved. I wish them to get what they want.

7 minutes ago, Bespin said:

There's no smoke without fire, and it fits the character.

Ain't it convenient that this woman came forward after 20 years only after another woman, who had already settled with Elfman, came out publically. She's been silent for 20 years and would've stayed silent, but now she saw that she could make money and 15 minutes of fame, so she came out. I hope for her sake that she can prove her accusations, otherwise she will destroy another person's and family's life and career.

Far from me the idea of downplaying the facts and the impact on the women involved.

And what about the impact on Danny Elfman and his family? Again, these are not facts, only accusations that can just as well be proven false. But by then Elfman's career and family will already be destroyed. But I guess men don't matter. 

I wish them to get what they want.

I wish them that as well IF they're telling the truth. If not, I wish for them to get exactly what they are doing to Danny Elfman now. 

I have nothing to say that I didn’t already say the first time things came out about him, except that those of you who are waiting for the court of law to declare him “innocent” or “guilty” will have to wait a long time.  These are both civil suits, so all they’re determine (if he doesn’t settle first) is whether he’s liable for any material damages.

30 minutes ago, Bespin said:

How many thousands of dollars are enough to make you forget that you once saw Danny Elfman naked? That's the question!

image.gif

The question is, did you see Danny Elfman naked? And the other question is: Can you prove it

2 hours ago, mstrox said:

I have nothing to say that I didn’t already say the first time things came out about him, except that those of you who are waiting for the court of law to declare him “innocent” or “guilty” will have to wait a long time.  These are both civil suits, so all they’re determine (if he doesn’t settle first) is whether he’s liable for any material damages.

I just wish people would wait until a court of law officially declares him innocent or guilty before passing judgment on him. 

So I asked my friend Chat GPT to write a song. :rock2:

I was strolling down the Hollywood lane,
When I saw something that caused me pain,
A sight so shocking, my eyes did widen,
I swear to you, my friends, I saw Danny Elfman's hide and ride!

I saw Danny Elfman's penis,
It wasn't something I could unsee, I swear,
Oh, it's an image that'll haunt my nightmares!

He was prancing 'round with his musical glee,
A wizard of sound, so they decree,
But when that fateful breeze did blow,
I saw more than I ever wanted to know!

(Bridge)
Now, I'm not one for spreading gossip, you see,
But this, my friends, is just too juicy,
Even Edward Scissorhands would cringe and frown,
If he knew what was swinging in Elfman's town!

So here's a warning to all who roam,
In Tinseltown where dreams find home,
Watch out for composers with too much glee,
Lest you come across what you never wanted to see!