What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

I think I've seen Thor 2 but I don't remember it.

Of course you saw it

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=360#entry992722

How is it you remember what people said so long ago and who said it?

And what motivates you to search up a person's post history to find out?

Ouch, and only from march 30 2014? Someone's mind is slipping... :unsure:

Or Alex chose to forget about it. That's what I do when I watch crap.

None of the above. Is Steef the only one who gets it?

I think I've seen Thor 2 but I don't remember it.

Of course you saw it

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20559&page=360#entry992722

How is it you remember what people said so long ago and who said it?

And what motivates you to search up a person's post history to find out?

What? I simply scrolled up to the top of the page and typed "thor" into the search box and pressed enter, and then saw his post.

Ouch, and only from march 30 2014? Someone's mind is slipping... :unsure:

Or Alex chose to forget about it. That's what I do when I watch crap.

None of the above. Is Steef the only one who gets it?

Please enlighten us simpletons. ;)

Guardians Of The Galaxy:

1407186226000-MIX-TAPE-GUARDIAN-GALAXY-M

Really? I thought it was almost if not just as good as the first time. Fun and lovable. This time I didn't even mind the big air battle. 7/10

Alex

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-110868-1024x40

“I’m just about to start the screenplay so it’s a heavy time. I’m going to lock myself away. I’m not going to see anybody. Going to become very very stinky. Going to eat a lot of crap food and not have much of a life for a little while, while I’m working on the screenplay,” said Gunn. “But I’m really excited about it and I feel really good about the story. It really is something unique, so I feel good about it.”

It didn't get better but it didn't get worse. The reasons why I liked this particular Marvel movie in the first place are still very much there.

It didn't get better but it didn't get worse. The reasons why I liked this particular Marvel movie in the first place are still very much there.

Is it the kid again? For the life of me i can't figure out why a film buff needs to rewatch Multiplex cannon fodder like this as if it is important film canon with lots of subtle layers you failed to take in the first time.

Is it the kid again? For the life of me i can't figure out why a film buff needs to rewatch Multiplex cannon fodder like this as if it is important film canon with lots of subtle layers you failed to take in the first time.

I rewatched it (though, I admit, slightly reluctantly) to see if what I liked about it was still there. I was not disappointed. Don't worry about it, it's a movie fan thing. Watching movies doesn't always have to be about depth, meaning and finding philosophical layers. Movies can be about vibe, groove, attitude, ... Heck, this time I even noticed that Guardians has some kind of a story.

Is it Saturday Matinee Movie Serial stuff? Absolutely, but of the perfect kind. It's even difficult to see it as a Marvel movie. It's the new Flash Gordon to me.

Alex

I was just baiting you, dear. Just to maintain some balance to the (imho) intolerable amounts of love devoted to this putrid stuff on JWFan.

I think I must be one of the apparently few who saw the racoon as being just another in a long line of cg sidekicks, nothing particularly remarkable about it. I preferred the bald guy by far.

The new Blu-ray of Hombre (which looks terrific btw). Great cinematography, wonderful acting, a brilliant script - just a great film. And Richard Boone plays a right nasty fucker.

Grand Prix (1966)

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Grand-Prix-Blu-ray/21007/

GREAT formula racing sequences and not short ones either. The best I've ever seen!

Really impressive!

One drawback of the film:

The main musical theme of Maurice Jarre is repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

Really, i had never felt this way for any other soundtrack in a film..

Air Force a great little WWII flick that demonizes the enemy and makes PC assholes heads explode. It is a film of it's time.

I know, but the server that JWFan is located on is owned by a company that is part of a company that is owned by Sony.

Don't rock the boat....

its owned by that small penis executive who fired Andrew Garfield. apparently even by Japanese standards he's small. Hope he is reading.

Is the film in public domain or did you just support piracy?

Paramount owns the copyright. Usually when a film is in the public domain there's like several different releases by cheaper DVD companies.

Actually there are many choices for Memorial Day to honor the dead.

Stalag 17 is a great choice but so was 12 O'Clock High.

The Magic Sword

The basic story has promise, but the execution is terrible. Gary Lockwood and Anne Helm have zero chemistry with one another and have as much screen presence as a block of wood. Basil Wrathbone gives a typically solid performance, but Lodac is no Sherlock Holmes or Guy of Gisbourne. There's some camp value in the terrible acting, Estelle Winwood's batty old hag and so-so production values.

I do enjoy Richard Markowitz's score, it'd be great if that got a soundtrack release somewhere down the line.

Simply watching your DVDs and blu-rays should be illegal because you only paid for them once. The players' firmware should be updated so that it will only work when you have an internet connection and you will need to pay a fee each time you view a disc.

Is it piracy if I created a Blu-ray placing the Diet Coke and Warner Bros. catalog ads from the beginning of my legally purchased VHS tape of Batman (1989) in front of the film from my legally purchased Blu-ray of Batman (1989)?

Simply watching your DVDs and blu-rays should be illegal because you only paid for them once. The players' firmware should be updated so that it will only work when you have an internet connection and you will need to pay a fee each time you view a disc.

That's ridiculous. I paid for them so I can own them, and watch them as many times as I want. That's what ownership is basically, you do with it as you please.

Imagine having to pay for music every time you want to listen to it? You'd hate that right? :shakehead:

Recently when buying tickets at my local Odeon, I have been given money-off vouchers with them ... one for 40% off tickets and one for £1.50 off. Certain films are excluded, but it's still a good way of bringing you back.

If you go to the cinema you pay every time. Even if you go and see the same movie multiple times.

If they let you in free then they can't sell your seat to a paying customer and theatres have huge expenses.

That's ridiculous. I paid for them so I can own them, and watch them as many times as I want. That's what ownership is basically, you do with it as you please.

Imagine having to pay for music every time you want to listen to it? You'd hate that right? :shakehead:

On one hand, you're buying a personal licence to watch the film as many times as you want. You own the disc, but you don't 'own' the content.

But on the other, if you want to upgrade to a Blu-ray, then you have to pay that 'licence fee' again.

The best way would be if you could buy the blu-ray for a relatively small price, lets say 10 dollars. And every time you wanted to watch the film you had to pay a small fee to the studio of, for example 1 dollar. Ofcourse your player would have to be connected to the internet to be able to pay online and obtain the license.

Also every blu-ray player should be connected to, or have a built in webcam so the studio could check if you are indeed watching the movie in a home enviroment, with no more then, lets say 7 people.

Only then can the copyrightholders truly be protected.

That would be the ideal way of listening to music. If you can't do that for John Williams' music, then you don't care for John Williams.

Also every blu-ray player should be connected to, or have a built in webcam so the studio could check if you are indeed watching the movie in a home enviroment, with no more then, lets say 7 people.

Microsoft has a patent on that.

And the raccoon is the best CGI character ever!

This.

I rewatched it (though, I admit, slightly reluctantly) to see if what I liked about it was still there. I was not disappointed. Don't worry about it, it's a movie fan thing. Watching movies doesn't always have to be about depth, meaning and finding philosophical layers. Movies can be about vibe, groove, attitude, ... Heck, this time I even noticed that Guardians has some kind of a story.

Is it Saturday Matinee Movie Serial stuff? Absolutely, but of the perfect kind. It's even difficult to see it as a Marvel movie. It's the new Flash Gordon to me.

This.

Raiders blows the other 2 (great sequels) away imo. It's in a league of its own. What stands out most for me compared to the others is the tone, it's so brilliantly dry and every line of dialogue is inserted with an almost sneering precision. Unlike its sequels Raiders feels like a rollicking adventure movie with very grown up sensibilities. Kasdan's dialogue is a marvel of elegance, economy and wit. His contribution was as important as Spielberg's, Ford's and Williams'. My second favourite film, after Jaws.

This, this, and this.

Not this.

That would be the ideal way of listening to music. If you can't do that for John Williams' music, then you don't care for John Williams.

:lol2:

Unless you're not kidding, then

:pat:

So instead of convincing people to pay once for music (or movies or whatever) you want them to pay for it each and every time... Well that'll go well with everyone, especially those short on cash. Pirates ahoy !

The best way would be if you could buy the blu-ray for a relatively small price, lets say 10 dollars. And every time you wanted to watch the film you had to pay a small fee to the studio of, for example 1 dollar. Ofcourse your player would have to be connected to the internet to be able to pay online and obtain the license.

Only then can the copyrightholders truly be protected.

This is the kind of post for which the rolleyes smilie is created, but I'm not gonna use it, because that would be too obvious. :mrgreen:

Oh wow, whole thing is on Youtube. Give it a whirl.

I never understood how can anyone watch a film in youtube!

I would watch one only if it was an extremely rare film which is nowhere to be found at all!