Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

Adam Driver has a weird body, as anyone who watches Girls can attest.

Pretty well resumé of his talents... and of the series.

Can we please keep speculation and plot discussion resulting from that Harrison Ford post in spoiler tags or even just make a new thread for all plot/spoilers chat.

I'm sure I've seen a Star Wars Spoilers thread, but I can't seem to find it now. I agree with this.

SUH,

The fact that Finn and Ren have a lightsaber battle is obviously not a spoiler, since its hightlighted in trailers, tv spots, the posters, etc.

The fact that Rey is the one who is actually force sensitive, not Finn, is clearly a surprise the filmmakers are trying to preserve, letting the audience find it out organically when they are in the movie theater. Just because Harrison Ford spoiled it for people does not mean you should come into a forum and spoil it too for the people who want to go to the movies and discover the plot twists for themselves.

I hope you understand now.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/12/new-preview-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens-to-air-on-abc-family-this-sunday/

https://www.facebook.com/ShadowhuntersSeries/videos/533869310122606/

Apparently an "exclusive special look" at TFA will be aired tonight on ABC Family. Could there be some new Williams music? This is all just speculation of course, but I'm still kind of expecting Disney to release a music video or something similar, like they did with the prequels. If they're going to do that, this would seem like about the right time.

They'd be more specific if it was a music clip by mentioning Williams. It'll probably just be yesterday's new featurette.

Possibly. But, then again, they've never been very specific. They always call the clips "special looks," whether they are clips directly from the film, TV spots, or a full trailer. Anyway, I'm trying not get my hopes up too much in case there's no new Williams stuff, but I'd certainly be ecstatic if there was.

It'll probably just be another boring short doc that offers nothing more than a couple new shots.

It just aired. I was kind of disappointed in it. By the way, there was some new music, but it sounded like generic trailer stuff. Luckily, the spot did not utilize that terrible version of the Force theme that's been used a lot recently. There was some "Yoda and the Force" in the spot

“Kathleen, I know we can’t talk about what’s in the movie. Can you talk about what’s definitely not in the movie?” Kennedy responded, “Jar Jar’s definitely not in it,” and the room erupted in applause. “Ewoks are not in the movie…” (that part received jeers) “that’s because Harrison insisted on it,” she joked.

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/12/the-force-awakens-stars-talk-ewoks-jar-jar-more-new-details-ahead-of-big-star-wars-film-premiere/

I love how many sites feel the need to report on it though. Very few however have picked up that Episode VIII begins shooting next month (aside from the bit they did in Ireland a few months back).

BloodBoal should do a hover-comparison thingy!

Yeah, sure, let's just ask BloodBoal! It's not like he has anything better to do...

pO2FqXA.jpg

haha, thanks! Didn't notice the stormtroopers now face forward, too.

She's clearly lying. I've heard that the film begins with a flashback prologue, wherein we witness Logray and Teebo going to the embers of the funeral pyre, stealing Vader's mask, then being ambushed and brutally killed by a pack of Marauders. We then get a montage of the mask changing hands through various parties (including a welcome Watto cameo) until it comes into the possession of Kylo Ren, who is first seen looking and talking to the mask before some officer comes into his chamber to declare "Lord Ren; we have arrived on Jakku".