THE ACOLYTE - 2024 Star Wars TV

Jay

2 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

That's certainly been a popular take, although I'm not sure it's entirely Disney’s fault, didn't The Clone Wars kind of start it? (there's plenty of memes about it being war crimes the show 😂

I supose Lucas started it with the "Heroes on both sides" text in ROTS

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Wait, Star Wars said "Good people on both sides" first?!? Mind. Blown.

7 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

That's certainly been a popular take, although I'm not sure it's entirely Disney’s fault, didn't The Clone Wars kind of start it? (there's plenty of memes about it being war crimes the show 😂

Not really. most of those memes confuse the Senate's actions for the Jedi's, who are trying to make the best of a bad situation, where no good options exist.

5 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

From a certain point of view, remember.

6 hours ago, Groovygoth666 said:

I'm trying to forget TCW

On 23/03/2024 at 12:29 PM, Gabriel Bezerra said:

You guys do remember Ki-Adi-Mundi said that when Qui-Gon was telling them that he fought a Sith, right?

Ki-Adi-Mundi never has a clue. He didn't believe the Sith returned. He didn't believe Dooku could have bad intentions. He is obviously too busy thinking about his 20 wifes.

12 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

This is something I always felt it was weird. Who were the heroes fighting for the Separatists under Dooku (who we know was a Sith)? What makes them heroic?

Maybe Lucas meant hero not as in "morally righteous" or whatever but as in "powerful warriors"? That would include Grievous, even though he was far from being "heroic" in the traditional sense of the word.

From the separatist Point of view, specially the common people, their actions could be seen as rightful. There were good people that believed in the ideals of the separatists (which were a facade, since it was a sith scheme).

Even padme felt she may be on the wrong side of the war.

And in a war, every faction has their heroes, which can be villains for the other.

The both sides heroes statement is rather undermined by the way dooku and specially grievous, act, though.

Anyway i think even dooku behaved like a normal person in public, (and shows his real face with the jedi). Remember mace windu cant believe he is evil in AOTC beginning.

1 hour ago, Edmilson said:

This is something I always felt it was weird. Who were the heroes fighting for the Separatists under Dooku (who we know was a Sith)? What makes them heroic?

In the end, the republic was led by a sith too...i'm sure some things the republic did can be seen as war crimes. The army itself for that matter. At least the separatists use droids instead of living beigns....

5 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Ki-Adi-Mundi never has a clue. He didn't believe the Sith returned. He didn't believe Dooku could have bad intentions. He is obviously too busy thinking about his 20 wifes.

LOL. And having "impostor sindrome" feelings for being a member of the council without the rank of Jedi Master.

I think it makes zero sense in the context of the movie.  It isn’t until TCW when you see some separatist or non-joiner worlds (not just robot armies) that it makes a lick of sense.

Yes, it’s a point of view thing, like I said. From the POV of both sides, there are heroes on both sides. They both have people fighting for their cause. It’s not a statement of morality.

• 2 weeks later...

That's nice.

I'm betting we won't be hearing a single Williams theme in the actual show. :lol:

6 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Safest bet is The Force theme I think.

Honestly, anything else would be confusing, except, maybe, Anthem of Evil.

2 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

New clip, which features our first chance to hear a bit of Abels' score.

Oh hell yes, I like what I'm hearing. Sounds like it's going to be traditional Star Wars orchestral with some more percussive flavours which I actually enjoyed quite a bit. Weirdly enough it reminds me a bit of James Horner's score for Aliens, I'm glad to be reminded of some older compositions for a change with these shows though!

Yess! Abels is a terrific orchestral composer, so he should be the perfect fit for Star Wars + the showrunner seems to really love SW, so let's hope she went for a big orchestral score woth added percussion etc.

Not totally convinced by that clip - a bit synthesised perhaps? Could also still be temptracking or AI. Whatever, but Abels is able to do anything. He is like one of those great 90s composers that people like Schumacher would hire (Goldenthal!) and they were let loose to do idiosyncratic stuff and fans would have to wait to hear what it all sounds like - fucking miss those days.

Abels with Peele has been a bit like that - love all the work they do together, and can't wait for Abels to do his magic with Star Wars (let's hope he gets to do it!!).

Oh, and Nope has probably the best Morricone homage of all time - the melody is amazing

Interesting interview where Leslye Headland directly cites KOTOR 2 (specifically Kreia) as a significant influence, which as a massive fan of that game and their portrayal of the Sith is very pleasing to hear: https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/star-wars-the-acolyte-shows-us-a-side-of-the-sith-weve-never-seen-before/

No Yoda? but if he is like 700 something years old by the series timeline... and he appears in the high republic cartoons already. (i think he will be used in the series, maybe as a hook to get interest in the second season.)

15 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

No Yoda? but if he is like 700 something years old by the series timeline... and he appears in the high republic cartoons already. (i think he will be used in the series, maybe as a hook to get interest in the second season.)

It's more likely he will be mentioned but not a main player, which I can respect greatly

It's basically the Andor approach of wanting to focus on new characters than mess with the legacy stuff too much

5 hours ago, DarthDementous said:

It's more likely he will be mentioned but not a main player, which I can respect greatly

It's basically the Andor approach of wanting to focus on new characters than mess with the legacy stuff too much

yeah i meant he will have some cameo or something small.

Andor approach... if Yoda appears like mon mothma then he will be one of the main story lines :P

4 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

yeah i meant he will have some cameo or something small.

Andor approach... if Yoda appears like mon mothma then he will be one of the main story lines :P

Mon Mothma is an incredibly minor character in the context of the movies and even in the expanded universe in terms of how fleshed out she is

When writers talk about wanting to avoid legacy characters they're basically trying to avoid very established and storied ones

On 23/05/2024 at 6:40 AM, Luke Skywalker said:

The HR comics go out of their way to give Yoda a reason to not be in the story in Phase I, I think he returns in Phase III though.

Oh oh...

Is that the new ad campaign for H&M?

Strange way to promote a new Star Wars show...

Another clip!

This time a fight with Carrie Ann Moss. Looks great. Loving the music again.

Really looking forward to the whole show.

https://x.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1794080968518558151?t=ezzwRXQhpEcpWPSV3Pg50g&s=19

Twitter... sorry X links are not doing what they did. Probably has to with the url change.

4 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Another clip! This time a fight with Carrie Ann Moss. Looks great. Loving the music again.

That's part of the preview that was shown after Episode I in theatres.

I thought I was watching a scene from 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon', and was expecting the music to go full Tan Dun.

13 hours ago, Mr. Hooper said:

Is that the new ad campaign for H&M?

Strange way to promote a new Star Wars show...

Perhaps their lightsaber colours? Only way it would somewhat connect.

On 25/05/2024 at 7:47 AM, JNHFan2000 said:

Twitter... sorry X links are not doing what they did. Probably has to with the url change.

You just have to change x to twitter.