THE ACOLYTE - 2024 Star Wars TV

Jay

An image with the full cast of The Acolyte.

The Acolyte is a mystery-thriller that will take viewers into a galaxy of shadowy secrets and emerging dark-side powers in the final days of the High Republic era. A former Padawan reunites with her Jedi Master to investigate a series of crimes, but the forces they confront are more sinister than they ever anticipated.

The High Republic saw the Jedi Order at its prime, centuries prior to the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. 

From creator, showrunner, and executive producer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll), The Acolyte has begun production in the U.K.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-acolyte-original-series-cast-revealed

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Jay said:

The height of the Galactic Empire, this period is also known as the Golden Age of the Jedi, a time when the ancient order was at its peak.

Height of the Galactic Empire was the Golden Age of the Jedi? As far as I understood, at the height of the Galactic Empire there existed 3 Jedi. Obi Wan, Yoda and Luke. That's it. And that period started at the end of the prequels and ended with the end of the original trilogy. Or not?

5 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Height of the Galactic Empire was the Golden Age of the Jedi? As far as I understood, at the height of the Galactic Empire there existed 3 Jedi. Obi Wan, Yoda and Luke. That's it. And that period started at the end of the prequels and ended with the end of the original trilogy. Or not?

Don't ask for consistency. 

18 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

Wait, what?  The sentence immediately before the part you quoted explains that this show takes place 100 years before the prequels

IE, when there were Jedi everywhere and no Palpatine yet, so the height of the good times

2 minutes ago, Jay said:

Wait, what?  The sentence immediately before the part you quoted explains that this show takes place 100 years before the prequel trilogy

Fixed.

5 hours ago, Jay said:

The series takes place in the High Republic era of the “Star Wars” universe, 100 years before the franchise’s prequel trilogy and The height of the Galactic Empire, this period is also known as the Golden Age of the Jedi, a time when the ancient order was at its peak.

I think they mistyped and meant it more like this

Ah I see the issue, I think I mixed up the "Old Republic" with the "Galactic Empire"

The "Galactic Empire" was only around for what, 30 years, from the Clone Wars until the end of ROTJ?

So yea, the Variety article is wrong, I think, I think they meant to say "the height of the Old Republic".  That'd be when there's lots of Jedi alive.

24 minutes ago, Jay said:

IE, when there were Jedi everywhere and no Palpatine yet, so the height of the good times

But that was not the "Galactic Empire" as you wrote. That was founded later by a guy named Darth Sidious.

Ah, I see. You referenced it already.

The cast of The Acolyte join creator and showrunner Leslye Headland at #StarWarsCelebration.  The Acolyte, an upcoming Original Star Wars series from Lucasfilm coming to Disney+ in 2024.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1644383415490183190

ok um, why does the girl in the back row have jean shorts on backwards, and with the belt around her knees?

I do like that Amandla Stenberg cosplayed as Padme

Yeah interesting fashion choice with the jeans, maybe I'll try that this weekend. 

I missed the clip of this show but it sounds super cool!

Yeah, it's an interesting fasion choice.

I like the actress though (Lyra in His Dark Materials) so am excited to see her role in this. And this whole show sounds a

super cool

I didnt knew jonas suotamo was in this series. so we will have a young chewie then (100 years old)

Maybe they will develop yodas friendship with the wookiees?

because yes… yoda must be in this series. 

1 hour ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I didnt knew jonas suotamo was in this series. so we will have a young chewie then (100 years old)

Maybe they will develop yodas friendship with the wookiees?

because yes… yoda must be in this series. 

Joonas is playing a wookiee Jedi this time.

3 hours ago, JNHFan2000 said:

Yeah, it's an interesting fasion choice.

I like the actress though (Lyra in His Dark Materials) so am excited to see her role in this. 

Holy crap, I literally didn't even recognize her at all! 

Yea, she's great :up:

18 hours ago, Jay said:

Frozen’ meets ‘Kill Bill'” from the perspective of the bad guys

I don’t know if I’m supposed to be happy or scared, but I think I’m rather terrified !!!

On 7/4/2023 at 10:13 PM, TolkienSS said:

These Marvel and Disney shows got to be for people who have basically nothing to do, right? Who can watch all of these without getting some serious mental impairment?

It’s only a couple dozen episodes a year, probably about as much content as old cops shows made per season but with a lot more time and effort. I’m all for more weird Star Wars content.

On 7/4/2023 at 9:02 PM, Manakin Skywalker said:

Joonas is playing a wookiee Jedi this time.

I love this because in the Star Wars Radio Drama,  Ben Kenobi tells Luke that Wookiees have, in their own way, a great affinity with the Force, much to Luke’s amazement. 

So yeah why not!

• 5 months later...

Andor season 2 hasn't finished filming yet, due to the actor's strike.

Skeleton Crew and The Acolyte have both finished filming before the strike.

Skeleton Crew is supposedly dropping later this year, and The Acolyte next year.

Then, assuming the actor strike is resolved, Andor 2 and then Mando 4 could theoretically be ready for next year.  But I wouldn't be surprised if one or both slip to 2025.

Ahsoka was filmed from May '22 -> Oct '22 and began airing in August 2023.

Skeleton Crew was filmed from Sep '22 -> Jan '23 and is supposed to drop later this year

The Acolyte was filmed from Oct '22 -> June '23 and is supposed to drop next year

Andor 2 began filming in Nov '22 and was expected to film until Aug '23, but then halted in July '23 when the actor's strikes started.  Gilroy said there'd be a year of post-production after fliming ended before it premiered, but I don't know if they started post-production on what had been filmed, or are waiting for the rest of of it to be filmed when the strike is over before beginning that.

Mandalorian 4 is in pre-production, but obviously can't begin filming until the strike is over.

Book of Boba Fett, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka are considered mini-series that don't have second seasons in the works.

I don't believe any other live action SW TV has been announced.

I think I've heard some conflicting reports about where Andor was when each strike started. I thought I heard Gilroy finished the scripts something like the day before the writer's strike started.

But then when the actor's strike started something like six weeks later someone said they were almost done shooting. Really? That fast?

In any event, when they get the whole band back together I'm hoping they make everything right.

• 4 months later...
On 22/02/2024 at 10:53 AM, HunterTech said:

It's definitely an interesting pick. I certainly appreciated how varied Nope was in its sound, even if the standout track was one that he'd already written years prior:

Oo he's got orchestral chops, that could bode well indeed