Empire of Evil (Voller's Theme)

Garrett

Remembering the Knights of Ren motif from The Rise of Skywalker... it's very difficult to predict from a snippet what could be related to a theme or is just a generic motive. But maybe you're right.

11 hours ago, ragoz350 said:

Remembering the Knights of Ren motif from The Rise of Skywalker... it's very difficult to predict from a snippet what could be related to a theme or is just a generic motive. But maybe you're right.

I remember when there was a trailerized snippet from The Jedi Steps in a tv spot and i thought "i swear the melody is JW" but i wouldn't have known what it really was at all.

12 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

It would be crazy if this ended up being the actual title

3 hours ago, Bellosh said:

johnny visiting the forums like

Shark Tank Writing GIF

What if Garrett is actually John Williams and he’s just prepping us for this scene???

14 hours ago, toothless said:

That second piano video immediately reminded me of this

That was my initial reaction as well. The main difference between the two is that Pettigrew's theme ends on the 7th degree of the scale, whereas Voller's theme ends on the flatted 7th degree of the scale - a subtle but important distinction. The flatted 7th is unusual among Williams villain themes, which are usually written in the harmonic minor. This fact gives us a clue as to the harmonic underpinnings of Voller's theme.

13 hours ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Fans hearing that clip for the first time: "he's gonna write a whole Pettigrew march from that"

Voller's theme works well in march form, which you will all hear for yourselves soon enough. Stay tuned.

• 8 months later...