I just tracked down a decent looking copy of the 1993 Anthology editions of Star Wars

Yes. Yes. Maybe. Ask @Jay.

I still love having it on my shelf. And I might add it back into my playlist before the SEs. (But after the Star Wars 2LP.)

Get it. Its a guilty pleasure of mine. What  great memories of this set and the DCC RAIDERSs. I got these both at the same time.!! 

Sonically, JEDI sounds so good! Its a shame that the RCA 2CD edition pales in comparison even though it has more music.

We've been talking a lot about this box in various threads recently. But yes -- you should get it. For my own part, it's the only-ever release of the OT scores I ever need.

10 hours ago, TheAvengerButton said:

Should I buy it? I mean, I've already bought it, but for the sake of argument, should I?

Also, I guess there's some sort of badge of honor I get? When can I get that attached to my username somehow?

Yes, no doubt here. Best soundtrack purchase ever! 

I'm glad to hear Return is so good, that's my favorite movie score and I'm always clamboring to get the best version of that soundtrack I can get, having already owned the 2016 Ulimate Collection version and the RCA edition--which I still appreciate for the amount of music on there. But looking at the tracks for this release, complete with the extra music on the fourth disc, it seems all of the major highlights are there for the score, so I think I'll be pretty happy with this set.

But, of course, I'll have the Star Wars and Empire scores as well, which are phenomenal.

Just. Get. It. 👍

It's a product of its time that some people have a ton of nostalgia for. Just wait for proper releases.

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

and a stereo issue in one of the thematic tracks with Yoda (I always forget which one).

The left and right channels are swapped in two cues from ESB on the 1993 set.

Leia's Instructions and Chewie Chokes Lando (Departure of Boba Fett). Unfortunately both are crossfaded with other cues before then so you can't just swap the channels yourself and fix it.

Chewie Chokes Lando (Departure of Boba Fett) was corrected on the 1997 set, which uses the same transfer for that track, so in your rip you could nust replace that 1993 cue with the 1997 version which would fix the channels being swapped. Still wouldn't get you a clean opening though 

2 hours ago, Holko said:

It's a product of its time that some people have a ton of nostalgia for. Just wait for proper releases.

Well, that will depend. How old is he? Is he willing to wait for at least 40 years? :lol:

Either way, since these "proper releases" aren't happening anytime soon, he should be free to get anything that will keep him satisfied until the box set finally comes (which may not happen until the next century if mankind hasn't been extincted, but anyway).

2 hours ago, Holko said:

Nice way to put it.

In 1993, this box set was fabulous. In 1997, it remained fabulous as the Special Edition provided an alternative take on the material, without rendering the Anthology box set entirely outdated.

However, in 2023, it is unacceptable that we still lack a definitive version of ANH, ESB, and ROTJ. So, yes, nostalgia—it's the only thing keeping us alive for the moment.

12 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Either way, since these "proper releases" aren't happening anytime soon

How do you know?

15 hours ago, Tallguy said:

Is there a petition to re-issue the Anthology Box? :devil:

That, like the complete Prequel, Indy, and Sequel scores, will have to wait until after the complete OT.

But when they happen, Mike will rebuild the Anthology's entire program, incorrect takes and all, and even include the originally planned fifth disc to boot.