Koray Savas

Hans Zimmer Appreciation Thread

12 hours ago, toothless said:

This orchestra album is truly nice :)

I intend to buy this album too after enjoying the World of Hans Zimmer concert at Wembley Arena last Saturday.  Although the composer himself was not there in person, he introduced many of the pieces on a big screen before Gavin Greenaway conducted the orchestra and soloists from every part of the world.  Lisa Gerrard was there however and reprised her vocals for Gladiator and one or two of the other selections.

I particularly enjoyed the suite from The Holiday which I do not think I had heard before but have been humming annoyingly since.  This video is from a different venue (Vienna) but with most of the same soloists, including Eliane Correa, Luis Ribeiro, Pedro Eustache, Rusanda Panfili, Lucy Landymore, El Amir, Juan 'Snow Owl' Garcia-Herreros and others.

DSC03069.JPG

DSC03071.JPG

53 minutes ago, Bilbo said:

I was never a big zimmer fan but as time goes by I'm starting to appreciate him more and more. 

Is it because he gets better as he gets older, or is it because your taste in music is changing?

3 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

Is it because he gets better as he gets older, or is it because your taste in music is changing?

I think my taste in music is evolving and maturing. I still don’t like stuff like Amazing Spider-Man 2 but he’s repertoire is amazing and more varied than I once gave him credit for. 

On 5/26/2019 at 6:40 AM, Bilbo said:

I was never a big zimmer fan but as time goes by I'm starting to appreciate him more and more. 

He's okay. There's much better out there musically. So to contribute to this thread, I'm going to appreciate the guy's face and accent:

546b5846ecad04a15d36ca07-750-562.jpg

Hans, your face is not too bad, and I could fall asleep to your voice bro! Keep up the ace work!