The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

MV from LaLaLand said that although Batman & Robin is on their radar, it won't be coming out this year. So keep the guesses coming!

Where's the thread the La-La quotes come from?

It's hard to pinpoint his comments since MV Gerhard from LaLaLand posts over at FSM frequently. His comments are scattered thru out the message board.

He also posts in the forum over at LaLaLand's site and has mentioned in the past that doing the Batman scores is something he was interested in/looking in to.

As far as ID4 goes, I believe he also mentioned that Sony has the rights and at the time wasn't interested in licensing them out. Of course that could have changed since then.

I'm hoping Black Sunday and Family Plot will be on someone's horizon in the near future.

If I'm not mistaken, Gremlins may be a bit more tricky because of the original album, which features 15 minutes of score and songs.

Hopefully it's the complete score to Dracula, Family Plot and the Hook film recordings.

A very nice thought, but dream on, pal.

Where's the thread the La-La quotes come from?

If you mean "black Friday", it is from a Steely Dan song of the same name. It is also the nickname of an unfortunate day/event which took place in the British economy, a few years ago.

The "Black Friday" being used by LaLaLand is for the day after Thanksgiving here in the US where all the supposedly great shopping deals take place as consumers begin their Christmas shopping. Some stores begin their Black Friday by opening at midnight.

I avoid going anywhere that day.

If I'm not mistaken, Gremlins may be a bit more tricky because of the original album, which features 15 minutes of score and songs.

That may be, but the case was the same for Back To The Future, wasn't it (the original album with songs had the main theme and a 7 minute suite)? And look what just happened? ;) So there is hope yet.

I've had hope for ANYTHING coming out this year ever since the release of Honey, I Shrunk The Kids. I thought that release would NEVER happen due to the legal conflicts the score had. And because it's Disney.

I still buy DVDs, even though we've gotten a new 55" Samsung LED television this summer and have had the PS3 since last Christmas. I find that the upconversion of the DVDs looks fine, so I pick and choose what I'll get on bluray and what I don't.

Sar Trek was an obvious BD choice!

The "Black Friday" being used by LaLaLand is for the day after Thanksgiving here in the US where all the supposedly great shopping deals take place as consumers begin their Christmas shopping. Some stores begin their Black Friday by opening at midnight.

I avoid going anywhere that day.

Amen.

I'll admit I haven't heard the score, but the film doesn't seem to encourage, shall we say, musical greatness :blink:

I'd love a complete Twister and Gladiator, but apart from those, there's nothing I'm really after in the MV camp.

You've never heard the score?! Surely at least the theme? It's iconic.

Iconic :)

Indiana Jones is iconic.

Star Wars is iconic.

Superman is iconic.

Batman is iconic.

Pirates of the Caribbean is iconic.

The main theme from Bad Boys is no where even close to being iconic. :(

That Bad Boys stuff is precisely the kind of film music I despise. I place that in my (indeed) generic Media Ventures/modern film and trailer music pit of shit. Even JW has nearly made it into that one with that football theme of his. But that thing is so short I just find myself not even giving a damn about it.

Off the top of my head, I'd like to see any of the following complete scores released from La La Land:

Batman (1989)

Batman Returns

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

Hook

Family Plot

Dracula

E.T. (should have already been released on the 20th Anniv. CD...ugh)

The Patriot (sue me)

Home Alone

Jurassic Park/The Lost World

Well at last spring's FSM gathering, I believe Doug Fake from Intrada said alot of the stuff we want is coming, w just have to be patient.

A Christmas themed score would be nice, maybe Mancini's Santa Claus: The Movie or Elfman's Scrooged.

Well at last spring's FSM gathering, I believe Doug Fake from Intrada said alot of the stuff we want is coming, w just have to be patient.

A Christmas themed score would be nice, maybe Mancini's Santa Claus: The Movie or Elfman's Scrooged.

Well, Gremlins is a Christmas movie, isn't it? They do sing Chirstmas Carols before killing Mrs. Deagle.

As much as I'd love to get both BTTF and Gremlins in the same package I think we're getting a bit overly optimistic after BTTF.

There seems to be a persistent rumor that it will be Gremlins (and if that comes out, Innerspace is a safe bet for next year).

According to a news article about Back to the Future on the Music from the Movies website Innerspace is just around the corner.

http://www.musicfromthemovies.com/index2.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=77:news-7&catid=1:news

Where in the article linked does it say anything about Innerspace? Did they take it out? If so, then it probably was true then! lol

Though that score is decent, I still would much rather have Gremlins. But that may be hoping for too much still, heh.

I would be happy with both of those, and I have a very strong suspicion that at least the latter score will be one of the three CDs.

The LaLaLand message board has a message from MV saying that on December 1st there will be a classic sci-fi score, an 80s sci-fi/comedy score and an action masterpiece. I'm pretty sure one of these will be Innerspace.

It will be interesting to see if Innerspace will fit on one CD. The boot was short of 80 minutes but rather repetitious, but Dante movies somehow reek of alternate versions. With this, there's only Gremlins I+II and Small Soldiers left for expansion, and possibly Explorers.

I damn well hope one of the labels gets Williams's Dracula on the way in 2010, too.

The LaLaLand message board has a message from MV saying that on December 1st there will be a classic sci-fi score, an 80s sci-fi/comedy score and an action masterpiece. I'm pretty sure one of these will be Innerspace.

One of these must be Back To The Future!

:)

I too think Innerspace is a safe bet now. Yippee! I hope the "action masterpiece" will be Williams' Black Sunday... :)

I might pass out at my PC if both those titles are announced on the same day.

I was just told on the FSM board that there will not be Paramount titles in this LLL batch.

I'm in guessing mode again... so, could one of the titles be an expanded Jurassic Park? It fits both the "classic sci-fi" and "action masterpiece" clues.