The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III CD & DVD (And Ultimate Collection CD / VINYL box set)

The Psycho Pianist

20 hours ago, Romão said:

That re-recording with the LSO is probably my favorite performance ever of the Star Wars Main Title

Yes, it is great.

But my favorite performance ever is from Morton Gould with the LSO. Recorded 1978 for the Album "Digital Space"

7 minutes ago, thx99 said:

Tracklist has been removed from Amazon.

Strange. Still lists same number of discs and running time though. 

8 minutes ago, thx99 said:

Tracklist has been removed from Amazon.

Nothing to worry about.  They are just removing the BFG, Lincoln, and Minority Report from the album and adding an extending Basket Chase. 

FYI on UK Amazon this is listed as "Steven Spielberg & John Williams: The Essential Collection," also with the March 17 release and four discs, and no track list.

I was just thinking the reason why AI, THE LOST WORLD and WAR OF THE WORLDS were not included. Perhaps Williams intends to do them in another album at a future date?  It really makes no sense as to why he didn't include them for this album unless he has plans to record them as longer suites. Me thinks?.

Now the track list disappearing could be temporary unless it was not fully correct and we just might get the above 3 titles in there somewhere? Shucks! I wish that was the case.

Those 3 score omissions are frustrating, even if we have all 3 in complete form.

Hopefully the early tracklisting was incomplete and they had another round of sessions. Fingers crossed!

2 hours ago, azahid said:

I was just thinking the reason why AI, THE LOST WORLD and WAR OF THE WORLDS were not included. Perhaps Williams intends to do them in another album at a future date?  It really makes no sense as to why he didn't include them for this album unless he has plans to record them as longer suites. Me thinks?.

Now the track list disappearing could be temporary unless it was not fully correct and we just might get the above 3 titles in there somewhere? Shucks! I wish that was the case.

keep dreaming

6 hours ago, Will said:

Maybe they're adding the TLW theme and A Timeless Call. ;)

Or removing Marion's Theme

31 minutes ago, BloodBoal said:

Hopefully, they removed the tracklist to add Picking Pockets!

We badly need a concert version of that!

We'll have to get Matessino to negotiate Tintin's posthaste complete score release!

I would have loved it if JW had chosen to record the cues from Hook that somehow went missing (the ones that LLL had to use film stems for). Snowball's chance in Hell, in know.

Anyway, listening to the 2nd volume now for the first time in probably 16 odd years. Seriously cannot wait for Volume 3 now!

On 20/01/2017 at 10:19 PM, Stempel said:

Yes, it is great.

But my favorite performance ever is from Morton Gould with the LSO. Recorded 1978 for the Album "Digital Space"

That's a fantastic LP, isn't it?

On 23/01/2017 at 8:34 AM, BloodBoal said:

Hopefully, they removed the tracklist to add Picking Pockets!

Sorry, but what is PICKING POCKETS?

I think it's a track name that existed for a few moment on some websites, when the Tintin OST was announced. Then it... disappeared... POUF!!!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « dupond et dupont tintin »

Damnit! I was going to skip this set because I already have the first two volumes. I was just going to buy the vol. 3 separately in digital format. But now with the DVD as well -- which presumably will NOT be available as a separate download -- it's trickier.

I hope I am wrong, but I am not expecting much from the DVD.  While a real documentary with old recording footage and such would be fantastic, it would also require money and effort. I just don't see Sony going in that direction. 

Agreed, @Tom!! I'm hopeful but wouldn't put money on us getting anything more than a fluff piece comprised mostly of previously-released footage from DVD/BD featurettes, interspersed with new interview clips.  Though the latter is always welcomed, despite the inevitable rehashing of the stories we've heard a million times over.

Oh, I'd also welcome footage from the recording sessions of the new CD! :up:

26 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

14 years old and already sick to death of these anecdotes!

They get jaded so easily these days, don't they Stefan. In our day we could listen/read the same anecdote a hundred times it would still be as fresh to us as on the first time we heard it.

Is there a runtime on the documentary yet? An hour-long interview would be fascinating. They could ask each other questions!

JW: "Steven Baby, why did you completely fuck up my score for The Lost World?"

SS: "John, why the fuck did you prioritize JJ Abrams over my boring Tom Hanks drama?"

I love the name change. It opens the release of part IV, V.... since the collaboration isnt over. The previous title 'ultimate or definitive' would look bad if they released another disc in the future...

31 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

I love the name change. It opens the release of part IV, V.... since the collaboration isnt over. The previous title 'ultimate or definitive' would look bad if they released another disc in the future...

What name change?

AFAIK the whole release is still called "John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection," at least in the U.S.!

14 hours ago, Will said:

What name change?

AFAIK the whole release is still called "John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection," at least in the U.S.!

That is indeed the name of the box set.

12 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

ah, i thought it was now Spielberg/williams collaboration part III

And that's the name of Disc 3 of the collection :)

John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection:

Disc 1: The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration (CD)

Disc 2: Williams on Williams: The Classic Spielberg Scores (CD)
Disc 3: The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III (CD)

Disc 4: Steven Spielberg & John Williams: The Adventure Continues (DVD)

12 hours ago, Ricard said:

That is indeed the name of the box set.

And that's the name of Disc 3 of the collection :)

John Williams & Steven Spielberg: The Ultimate Collection:

Disc 1: The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration (CD)

Disc 2: Williams on Williams: The Classic Spielberg Scores (CD)
Disc 3: The Spielberg/Williams Collaboration Part III (CD)

Disc 4: Steven Spielberg & John Williams: The Adventure Continues (DVD)

Now it makes sense! 

16 hours ago, thx99 said:

Amazon dropped the price from $31.98 to $29.58.

Amazon UK has it still at £39.03! Yikes! 

Although I suspect the price will drop a bit as it usually does.