Faleel J.M.

The Mandalorian - Star Wars live action series on Disney+

59 minutes ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Should've been Haab, would love to hear more Powell Star Wars, but at the end of the day Goransson is good enough for me. Not thrilled, but interested. I didn't expect that much for this.

Am I the only one not the least bit interested in a Haab Star Wars score?  The last thing this new series needs is reheated leftovers

15 minutes ago, Not Mr. Big said:

Am I the only one not the least bit interested in a Haab Star Wars score?  The last thing this new series needs is reheated leftovers

Still better than beep boop electronic noises and an overwhelming amount of garage band percussion loops.

1 hour ago, John said:

I wasn’t expecting for there to be so much talent attached to this show. Very much interested in seeing how it turns out. 

I am also surprised. There are big names attached to this, at least "bigger" than expected names. Goransson comes as a surprise after other SW television composers, with all respect to Kiner who is perfectly suited for the likes of Clone Wars and Rebels.

Honestly, the guy doesn't seem like a bad sort.

Clearly puts some thought and effort into what he does; and he likes using different styles.

Means we've got no clue what he'll come up with for this one, but chances are he'll give it a good shot.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:03 AM, crocodile said:

Black Panther...and both Creed scores. The latter ones show that he can write and really properly develop a theme. I think the main Creed theme consists of no fewer than 3 sections. It's first rate stuff and he runs with it.

Karol

The ability to write a good theme is a more important quality in a Star Wars composer than being able to exactly replicate Williams' style IMO

Now I'm not saying that Haab CAN'T write a good theme or anything but none of the Battlefront melodies were all that hot (particularly that main melody from the first game, which becomes really grating after a couple renditions).  

Goransson did some pretty decent (low budget) Star Wars pastiche in the first paintball episode of Community, if I recall correctly.

He'll be fine.

BTW, StarWars.com keeps this updated with all of Favreau's Instagram sneak-peaks of The Mandalorian. 

https://www.starwars.com/news/behind-the-scenes-the-mandalorian

Most recently, on Christmas, he shared a picture of IG-88 (or a similar droid) on set.

jon-favreau-mandalorian-ig-08.jpg

This looks identical or close to the droid from the bounty hunter scene on the Star Destroyer in Empire, IG-88 (who has appeared in some comics and the Forces of Destiny cartoon, as well as a bunch of other stuff which is no longer canon).

The assassin droids in Clone Wars were an earlier model.

Why is he sticking up from behind the set like his legs weren't completed? Was it so the guys under the set could keep it propped up and jiggle it around to give the illusion of animation? And the retarded way the rifle is glued to that tiny arm? It looks like total shit. While the Shadows of the Empire game for N64 featured this robot as a formidable and fairly spooky boss villain, it's impossible to imagine the original movie version as anything other than a chintzy slapped-together static prop.

Side note: I never understood why these guys were all holding weapons in this scene or why they were on the bridge of the imperial flagship. I guess that was the only set they had available.

Wonder if them hosting content they have full rights to will mean no stupid regional restrictions bar the staggered rollout. Netflix was a ghost town here when I tried the trial.

21 minutes ago, Fargo said:

$7 /month is not too bad. Though it will probably rise up to $15 or so the 2nd year. Then $25... and so on.

I think $12-13 is a likely EVENTUAL stopping point for them.  People drop Netflix and Hulu when there are one-dollar monthly raises.  Disney+ isn't going to double and then more than triple its cost and still retain customers.  In the end, once they have customers their prices will rise to match a Netflix, Hulu, or Prime.

True, but they do need to compete with the other streaming services to stay afloat, which means that Disney+ and Hulu need to be within a dollar or two of Netflix, Prime, etc.  You go too far out from that price range, the choice between streaming services becomes very easy

1 hour ago, Koray Savas said:

It’ll eventually just be like having cable again. Each studio will have their own service for $10-$15 a month. Netflix is pushing it at $16 a month now, being more expensive than HBO!

Everything can be gotten for free though.

4 minutes ago, Pieter_Boelen said:

Did they take it down in the last minute?

I literally just watched it...

Me too. This show would have made my 11 year old brain burst...and as someone who doesn't consider themselves a big Star Wars fan, I gotta admit, I'm actually looking forward to this show. Looks cool!

Don't think I'll do the Disney+ thing, though. When does it come out?