Indy V Not Confirmed

Dean1700

Has this been reported here yet? Does that mean I have scooped everybody?

I Just heard on the Today show, an Australian morning tv show, during the entertainment segment with Richard Wilkins (entertainment reporter) that George Lucas has just announced today that there will be another Indiana Jones movie.

YEEHAH

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why the thread was switched, but I'll reiterate my thoughts.

I just watched KOTCS on DVD today, and I just keep enjoying it more and more. I'm thrilled with this news, and I think with Spielberg's heart being in it more now, we stand a decent chance of him standing his ground at least a little more against Lucas's pushes for CG and all that rot. If it's only as good as KOTCS, I'll enjoy it, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get better.

McGuffin? I wouldn't mind Excalibur.

:)

Dammit. I didn't hate KotCS, but there's such a thing as preserving something that's good.

I hope Lucas isn't allowed within 3 galaxies of the story, because to be perfectly honest, I thought the relic and general story arc of Indy 4 was total rubbish, even if some other elements were interesting.

There is currently no such movie as Indiana Jones V. It is in no stage of official existence; not pre-production, not even negotiations. All that has happened is that Lucas has made vague thoughts about being in the process of thinking about it, and Ford has made some general comments about being willing to do another one.

Anybody who is reporting anything else is probably getting their news from shoddy sources.

I am happy if this is going to be made.because we might get even ore complete Indy OSTs sometime in this merchandising year.

But isn't it weird:

needed 20 for the last one, and it wasn't easy to come up with an idea, because everything exiting is explored. and now suddenly he can think of something else..

now I hope:

This doesn't postpone:

The Orig Trilogy Blu-Rays

the PS3/XBOX360 Indy Game

very funny... yeah... because this movie is going to happen. for sure, man I hope you had fun jedimaster... :lol:

But isn't it weird:

needed 20 for the last one, and it wasn't easy to come up with an idea, because everything exiting is explored. and now suddenly he can think of something else..

As I understand it, the Crystal Skull was actually the first thing that was thought of for Indy 4 - and that was years ago - it just took more and more years to get a script together because everyone was busy with other things.

Greg - who would like an Indy 5 (Spear of Longinus, anyone?)

Even little kids think the "Nooooooooooooooooooooo" in ROTS is silly (perhaps that's because it is silly) but it's enormously appropriate in this thread.

Great news, since this can mean:

-A new Williams score

Don't you mean a new Williams action/Mickey Mousing score?

hotubcopy.jpg

C'mon man, the scenario you illustrate is ridiculously improbable. Williams would never turn down Spielberg for a bevy of easy babes, you know that. Tut tut.

As for Indy V... I am not looking forward to it whether it's true or not... (and I quite liked KotCS)

Of course it is... ;)

True or not, none of us are obligated to give the movie theater our nine dollars (or other equivalent) to see it. So if we want to ignore the over-hyped spectacle that it will be come, we can, and be content with however many "good" Indy films we feel indebted to watch.

I wouldn't mind more Indiana Jones music, but I think this is a movie franchise they chose to resurrect fifteen years too late. A second Indy trilogy in the mid '90s would make better sense than now, as we approach the 2010's, when the only way to explain Harrison Ford's physical prowess is that he's a bona fide superhero.

Well now that the aliens card has been played, they can't put the toothpaste back into the tube. So maybe Indy V will feature them as the aliens, and Indiana Jones must fight the aliens to keep them from trying to capture all the world's precious artifacts. The Ark is still in the warehouse, and while the Grail is presumed lost, it's really just laying at the bottom of a very very deep chasm. Though I don't see why a bunch of immortal aliens with a spaceship would need either the Ark for its value as a weapon, or a cup to make you immortal as long as you stay in one spot. I can see Lucas destroying the wonderful story of "...The Fate of Atlantis" by turning the underwater city into an alien stronghold that Indy must infiltrate to save the world.

Star Trek V: Why does God need a starship? Indiana Jones V: Why does a starship need God? Hmmm...

C'mon man, the scenario you illustrate is ridiculously improbable.

Indeed. None of those babes look like Irina Spalko.

I like 95% of KOTCS, but I was skeptical about that one and I will be if this goes through. Just start a new, separate adventure series instead of goign back to Indiana Jones. The time is passed. Same thing with Star Wars. Just quit already! (And I've never been one of those to oppose sequels to my favorite series).

I'll pass and save money by not seeing Indy V in theatres. Someone wake me when it hits DVD.

That is if it ever gets made, which I hope it doesn't.

Blech. After KotCS, I don't think they really have anything left. Having a definite Williams score to look forward to is always nice, but he already has a few on his plate so it's not like this would be his only project. Plus, the score for KotCS wasn't as great as I'd hoped (though I do like it).

Blech. After KotCS, I don't think they really have anything left. Having a definite Williams score to look forward to is always nice, but he already has a few on his plate so it's not like this would be his only project. Plus, the score for KotCS wasn't as great as I'd hoped (though I do like it).

Not only was KotCS a disappointment (score and movie), but now I am skeptical of the one thing I would look forward to with a new Indy movie: a new Williams score. It seems this was planned for some time, to release the KotCS CD, then release Raiders CD and then release the box set featuring both. Though I am thrilled with finally getting all of this music from ToD and Last Crusade, it doesn't change the fact that the moneymaking scheme was rather blatant. I regretted buying KotCS just after listening to it, even more so now that I am being forced to buy it again. You can't even ebay it, its worthless. So, if and when a new Indy score comes a long, I will hold off from buying it for about six months so I am not duped again.

C'mon man, the scenario you illustrate is ridiculously improbable.

Indeed. None of those babes look like Irina Spalko.

Yeah, the inspiration is from his Tonight Show appearance. The look on his face as he made a rush for that GoDaddy girl... ;)

Another Indy movie? Another Indy score!! Yayyyyyyyy :joy:

Of course I only want the only real Indiana Jones, Mr. Ford.

...ah, and there might be the snag....

Remember, Lucas is capable of anything :( .

Mark my words, it will by Indy and Mutt in the Haunted Mansion - Abbot And Costello style. Mutt will swordfight against a suit of armor. Trust me. People will cry "Scooby Doo" but it will be another 50's hommage.

Another Indy movie? Another Indy score!! Yayyyyyyyy :joy:

Of course I only want the only real Indiana Jones, Mr. Ford.

...ah, and there might be the snag....

Remember, Lucas is capable of anything :( .

Hasn't that always been the charm of Lucasfilm?

PS - watching the beginning of KOTCS, I thought it might be fun to see more of Mutt's friends/peer group. Those 50's kids are nifty. If they got involved in the Haunted Mansion people would REALLY cry Scooby Doo. That's gotta be what Lucas will do to piss everyone off again. More young sidekicks. LOL