The Official La-La Land Records Thread

robthehand

It's really going to be awesome to hear the film versions for "The Virus" and "The Day We Fight Back" outside of the film. I wonder if "The Day We Fight Back" film version may contain some unused music. When listening to the rear channels it's obvious there's and edit towards the end of the cue.

"Incoming Reports" and those two cues I just mentioned will be the first cues I'll listen to.

I hope it's true--I'd eat that up with a spoon.

If the moon was made of barbecue spare ribs, would you eat it?

I know I sure would. Heck, I'd ask for seconds. And then I'd polish it off with a nice tall Budweiser.

It's not rocket science, doctor. Just say yes and we'll move on.

:lol:

I think the Williams release could be Hook or The Witches Of Eastwick.

Witches again? How does the album compare to the full film score?

There are about 15 minutes of unreleased music, short cues mostly. Most of the major pieces are on the album although it is missing the film version of Destruction of Daryl. The complete score is about 59 or 60 minutes long and the album has about 44 minutes of that + 5 minute obligatory reprise of Dance of the Witches. Classic JW album construction skill at work. :lol:

I think the Williams release could be Hook or The Witches Of Eastwick.

Witches again? How does the album compare to the full film score?

There are about 15 minutes of unreleased music, short cues mostly. Most of the major pieces are on the album although it is missing the film version of Destruction of Daryl. The complete score is about 59 or 60 minutes long and the album has about 44 minutes of that + 5 minute obligatory reprise of Dance of the Witches. Classic JW album construction skill at work. :lol:

I'm not sure they'd bother in order to rescue only 15 mins. Plus, Williams would never let them.

Buuuttt.... it would set an interesting precendence if they did. There are a number of scores I'm interested in which have roughly the same amount unreleased.

Yay, ID4... bought!

Seriously? I don't see a link.

Or do you mean that conceptually, as in "Consider this one purchased when it's available to order"?

Just curious. Cuz I wanna buy it! :lol:

It won't be available to purchase until noon PST (3pm EST) on April 20th

Is that official? At 2 PM Central on the 20th Mark and I will probably just had or be having a post-rehearsal chat with John Williams.

It's unofficial, but you can take my word for it :lol:

I already told Mark in another thread if LLL allows you to order two copies of signed CDs on release day I'd pick one up for him

Greetings y'all!

To kick off the month of April La La Land has 3 exciting new Limited Editions coming your way next Tuesday, April 6th... or next Wednesday, April 7th.

The reason for the possible 24 hour delay has to do with autographed copies. I want to make sure we have those booklets in stock and ready to ship before we start selling one cd.

First up:

WONDER WOMAN (The Animated Film)- music by Christopher Drake (BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT, BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD). We hope to have the first 100 units autographed by the composer. Will keep you posted.

Produced by Christopher Drake and MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson

LLLCD 1115

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

Limited Edition of 1200 units

SPEECHLESS - music by Marc Shaiman. We hope to have the first 100 units autographed by the composer. Will keep you posted.

Produced by Ford A. Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Randall D. Larson

LLLCD 1126

BATMAN THE MOVIE (1966) - music by Nelson Riddle. This newly remastered and slightly expanded edition gives the fans 72:13 of pure Bat-tastic music! Matessino went back to the 2 inch tape, cleaned up the score and implemented some digital restoration to repair damage to maximize the overall audio quality of the existing recordings.

Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino

Edited and Mastered by Mike Matessino

Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite

LLLCD 1130

Limited Edition of 2000 units

As I stated above, I shall keep you posted on the autograph situation later this week.

Thanks!

MV

BATMAN THE MOVIE (1966) - music by Nelson Riddle. This newly remastered and slightly expanded edition gives the fans 72:13 of pure Bat-tastic music! Matessino went back to the 2 inch tape, cleaned up the score and implemented some digital restoration to repair damage to maximize the overall audio quality of the existing recordings.

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

why is hook possible? some insider hint?

I would love a complete jurassic park (and lost world...)

The rumor comes from the fact that LLL made a deal with Sony to release some of their stuff, so a few people are assuming it's Hook, even if some think it's way too early for Hook, not to mention the possible Williams or Spielberg meddling.

I wouldn't say it's too early for Hook. We're talking 20 years since the film.

It's Williams' meddling that I'm worried about. I am still amazed that Varese managed to get HA:2 out in its entirety without any random funny business.

But hey, less than 3 weeks until ID4, Eraser will be here any day now, and LLL is scouring the 90s. Could be worse :P

I hope the Williams is not Witches of Eastwick. I'd still buy it but it would just be a shelf filler. The DVD isolated score (which everybody who would buy this has) ,sounds fine .

I don't really care if it's a true legit official release, it's music we already have in decent sound quality.Were not talking about rear channel garbage here.

Greetings y'all!

To kick off the month of April La La Land has 3 exciting new Limited Editions coming your way next Tuesday, April 6th... or next Wednesday, April 7th.

The reason for the possible 24 hour delay has to do with autographed copies. I want to make sure we have those booklets in stock and ready to ship before we start selling one cd.

First up:

WONDER WOMAN (The Animated Film)- music by Christopher Drake (BATMAN: GOTHAM KNIGHT, BATMAN: UNDER THE RED HOOD). We hope to have the first 100 units autographed by the composer. Will keep you posted.

Produced by Christopher Drake and MV Gerhard

Mastered by James Nelson

LLLCD 1115

SPEECHLESS - music by Marc Shaiman. We hope to have the first 100 units autographed by the composer. Will keep you posted.

Produced by Ford A. Thaxton

Mastered by James Nelson

Liner Notes by Randall D. Larson

LLLCD 1126

Produced by Nick Redman and Mike Matessino

Edited and Mastered by Mike Matessino

Liner Notes by Brian Satterwhite

LLLCD 1130

Limited Edition of 2000 units

As I stated above, I shall keep you posted on the autograph situation later this week.

Thanks!

MV

I'm, not sure what's worse about that article... Smith demanding $20 million +++ for a movie, or the fact that he's considering another Men in Black film (in fact IMDB shows about 30 films 'in development' for him - he's seriously in demand).

And I'm not a fan of the whole sequel idea for ID4 either. The first one ended well, and has a classic Arnold score. No good can come from trying to emulate that success.

FrankV did you read the thread before posting? I posted that quote from MV yesterday and we have already been having discussion about it lol

FrankV did you even read the thread before posting? I posted all that yesterday and we have already been having discussion about it

No, I didn't. Sorry. Next time I will.

I hope the Williams is not Witches of Eastwick. I'd still buy it but it would just be a shelf filler. The DVD isolated score (which everybody who would buy this has) ,sounds fine .

I don't really care if it's a true legit official release, it's music we already have in decent sound quality.Were not talking about rear channel garbage here.

I don't think it will be an expanded Witches of Eastwick. The OST has been re-released by Collector's Choice only a couple of years ago, so they probably still have the rights on the original recording.

Hook is a strong contender coming from LLL. However I think it could also be an expanded Empire of the Sun (it's a Warner title and it would fit well in their Expanded Archival Collection).

Empire doesn't strike me as a score that is begging to be expanded.

It surely would benefit from a re-sequencing in film order and the addition of at least two or three unreleased cues (most of all, the amazing choral piece when Jim tries to "resurrect" the Japanese boy).

It surely would benefit from a re-sequencing in film order and the addition of at least two or three unreleased cues (most of all, the amazing choral piece when Jim tries to "resurrect" the Japanese boy).

Indeed. A complete score would be most welcome. There is some tremendously beautiful unreleased choral music in the score.

THAT isn't on the album? I admit, it's been a while since I listened to the album or watched the movie...but that's a disappointment!

Yeah, I saw the film again the other day. There's so much magnificent stuff not on the OST (and the OST is pretty incredible to begin with). The more I think about it, the more sense it makes that LLL will be releasing it.