Perseverance Records re-issuing The Witches Of Eastwick OST (La-La Land Records can make expanded version once it sells out)

Jay

Did Perseverance ever release an official highish-quality image of the album art? It’s slightly different from the previous releases’ art; I checked their site and they seem to have good-quality images of the art for their in-print albums, so I was just curious if maybe anyone had saved such an image for Eastwick back in the day. My Google search is coming up basically empty for good art for this particular release.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Has someone taken one for the team yet and purchased the remaining copies?

Their licence expired a year ago. It's no longer for sale.

But now LLL can't get a licence because WB are closed to the labels. What a mess.

14 minutes ago, crumbs said:

That is one ugly cover.

It's essentially a recreation of the original LP and CD covers, which themselves appear to be slightly different from each other (e.g., content of the credit line at the bottom, relative size of the text in the credit line, background designs don't match).

@Tydirium @thx99 Album Art Exchange has it at 1000x1000 - you can find it here (you need an account to get it) I've also attached it here (the forum compresses the preview but should link to the full version)

Maybe this isn't the version you are looking for??

Music Brainz also has scans here

image.jpeg

@KittBash that appears to be the vinyl cover, not the Perseverance CD cover.

The text across the bottom on the Warner and Perseverance CDs reads "MUSIC PRODUCED, COMPOSED AND CONDUCTED BY JOHN WILLIAMS", and the text is larger on the Perseverance CD.  The LP cover doesn't include the "PRODUCED" credit.

Also, the artistic background is completely different across all three!!

@thx99 AH I see it now!

MusicBrainz does seem to have the one that matches the pattern of the one you posted as well as the credit you mention. 

https://ia800309.us.archive.org/16/items/mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f832/mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f832-4895146357.jpg

mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f83

36 minutes ago, KittBash said:

@thx99 AH I see it now!

MusicBrainz does seem to have the one that matches the pattern of the one you posted as well as the credit you mention. 

https://ia800309.us.archive.org/16/items/mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f832/mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f832-4895146357.jpg

mbid-c94dafaa-19b9-48a7-9ae9-cdef33a2f83

I think this might be it! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi @andrewz nice work on that Witches cover.

Would you be willing to consider recreating in high quality some of the earlier Silva Screen recordings featuring the City of Prague Philharmonic?

I'm looking for a few of them but due to their age there aren't many options online.