John Williams conducts the New York Philharmonic, April 25, 2023

Ricard

First I went to New York to see the Maestro conduct his music with the Philadelphia Orchestra and Anne-Sophie Mutter at Carnegie Hall back in April 2022. Now, I am definitely going back to New York for this. I am getting tickets the moment they are available to order. Awesome! 

Exciting news! 

Based on glancing at the NY Phil's Archive, I believe the last public performance leading the Phil that JW did was in October 2011 with Gil Shaham on violin.

https://archives.nyphil.org/index.php/artifact/42df5a5e-bf49-4ad3-98ca-35eaee73dcf1-0.1/fullview#page/1/mode/2up

Of course, Williams recently conducted the NY Phil to create A Gathering of Friends but that was not a public event. He also contributed a video tribute for the online gala during COVID, but that was spoken not conducted.

I’ve never been to David Geffen Hall before; I can’t wait!

My college was  invited to join the solo horn audition but had to cancel due to the covid cases in my section. I send this news to him and said you only had to won this and get to play with Johnny!!

Think Anne-Sophie Mutter will still be touring with him and they’ll play the violin concerto no. 2 in NY for the second time? 

1 hour ago, Toillion said:

Think Anne-Sophie Mutter will still be touring with him and they’ll play the violin concerto no. 2 in NY for the second time? 

Only if she stops baking cookies.