The Hans Zimmer Thead

Jay

12 hours ago, HunterTech said:

Way to underplay it by not saying it's fucking Hans Zimmer himself (though the lack of embed is to blame). That arguably makes it more interesting than if it actually was just one of the lackeys.

Bit of an unexpected pick, since I would've thought he'd have been too busy finishing up Dune to really give attention to another sci-fi thing. Which makes me think this is likely a vehicle for either Mazzaro or Fleming (maybe even Benyamin) to warrant having any involvement with this. Though if that is the case, at least I can hope he'll have more fun ideas for this, on account of not treating it like some life changing thing.

The Creator finished filming in May 2022, before Dune Part Two even started filming. So I don't think time is an issue.

2 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Sounds like The Wrap just assumed, maybe because they saw his name on wikipedia.

Giacchino confirms here he was never attached:

Oh hey twitter embeds are working again?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this hasn’t aged well. The notes, that is. I guess Hans didn’t do anything for Suzanne after all. Well, except for divorcing her. 

IMG_9707.jpeg

IMG_9706.jpeg

Picking on a composer you don't like because a relationship didn't work out... nice form :mellow:

Any chance on focusing on the most positive aspects of the music you like, instead of looking for 'dirt' on composers you look down on?

4 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

Picking on a composer you don't like because a relationship didn't work out... nice form :mellow:

Any chance on focusing on the most positive aspects of the music you like, instead of looking for 'dirt' on composers you look down on?

You’re in the wrong message thread, Richard. The HZ-c.cksucking takes place in the Hans Zimmer Appreciation Thread. 

Over at VI-Control this kind of thread was closed a long time ago, some people spent all day posting personal attacks against Zimmer, and it was just disgusting (who by the way is active on this forum, which makes it even more sickening).

Maybe this thread should be closed too, it's not productive at all.

Just now, Michael G. said:

it's not productive at all.

On the contrary, it’s highly productive.

2 minutes ago, Michael G. said:

Zimmer, who is active on this forum btw,

Zimmer is active on THIS forum? What pseudonym is he using?

10 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

There's no issue making constructive criticism against a score and making jokes about it and his working methods. I've done plenty of that myself.

But venturing into personal attacks including private family issues is where I believe it crosses a line. Unfortunately, I don't think you actually care about that because you dislike the man so much and you think that gives you the right to make such comments.

What comment? That in the liner notes of a CD made 29 years ago he wrote that he’d do anything for his then-wife and they’ve been divorced for two years and he’s already engaged?

I mean, is that you, Hans? Please wink once if it’s you. And please don’t metoo me, OK? 

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

To be fair, we don't know if it was Nick Glennie-Smith who write that comment in the booklet.

Or Suzanne.

7 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

To be fair, we don't know if it was Nick Glennie-Smith who wrote that comment in the booklet.

As in “You’ll do anything for me”. Like a Jedi mind trick. 

1 hour ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Ban him!

😮🫢You’re so mean!

1 hour ago, Michael G. said:

on VI-Control

Too bad, it would’ve been fun to interact with him. 

• 1 month later...

Judging by the movie's trailer and overall vibe, I think it'll be more like Chappie.

I wonder if Zimmer did this movie after finishing on Dune 2 (which was supposed to come out in November), or if he took a break from the Villeneuve movie to do this one.

21 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Judging by the movie's trailer and overall vibe, I think it'll be more like Chappie.

I wonder if Zimmer did this movie after finishing on Dune 2 (which was supposed to come out in November), or if he took a break from the Villeneuve movie to do this one.

It is definitely not Chappie in the sense that it won't be an all electronic score. At least a part of The Creator was recorded in Air Studios, with Gavin Greenaway as the conductor. London voices did a choir and a lot of soloists recorded for it as well. 

It was said that he started this score in January 2023 and I think he was still recording in July (based on one of soloists' Instagram). So I think there was some overlap in terms of production schedule. 

• 2 months later...
On 20/12/2023 at 7:30 PM, Damien F said:

And the Oscar for Best Engine Noise goes to... :lol:

Hans has finally found his true place: in the engine compartment of a car. 

2 minutes ago, Damien F said:

My Williamsmobile plays a boom-tish every time I drive over a pothole.

My Williamsbike plays the “Flying Theme” from E.T. whenever I fly over the Moon. 

11 hours ago, JTW said:

My Williamsbike plays the “Flying Theme” from E.T. whenever I fly over the Moon. 

My Williamsbroom plays The Quidditch Match every time I sit on it. Unfortunately, it doesn't fly, only makes me look ridiculous on it.