Themes That JW Should Arrange For ASM

Tydirium

Maybe they could make an album with more action oriented pieces like

• The Asteroid Field or Hyperspace from TESB
  • The Hunt or Main Theme from The Lost World
  • The Presses Roll from The Post
  • On The Run or Anderton Escapes from Minority Report

Or If not an action piece then at last an arrangement of The Force Theme from SW.

39 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:
  • The Hunt or Main Theme from The Lost World

Thought of that as well. I think it could work.

Other ideas:

• E.T. - Flying
  • The Fury (based on the epilogue)
  • The Shark Cage Fugue
  • Duel of the Fates
  • Presenting the Hook/Smee's Plan
  • Crimebuster

I know they already did “Luke and Leia” on the first album, but it really wasn’t all that different from the original concert arrangement. I’d love a version that’s more in the style/mood of the theme’s big statement in The Last Jedi that felt older, a bit more tragic, but arguably even more beautiful than Return of the Jedi’s.

None. He has arranged more than 20 titles already. He should rather focus on composing new music, celebratory pieces or concert music. Or even compose for a lower budget movie like he did for the Book Thief. We have enough ASM now. Helenas Theme should be the last one. Of course this is just my opinion. 

Am I allowed to say that I don't particularly like ASM's playing, or will that get me tarred and feathered around these parts? I don't know, there's something about the excessive virtuosity and ornamentation that rubs me the wrong way. Give me Gil Shaham or Itzak Perlman collabs any day of the week! :) (that being said, I will of course do my best to acquire the ASM/JW albums in CD format one of these days).

As others have alluded to, I'd rather see him focus his remaining time on writing new concert pieces (long or short) than adapting tons of film themes from the past. Not that it wouldn't be interesting to hear such arrangements, especially if they could be for older, less famous scores, but that's where I am a the moment.

On 21/07/2023 at 5:22 AM, Steve said:

None. He has arranged more than 20 titles already. He should rather focus on composing new music, celebratory pieces or concert music. Or even compose for a lower budget movie like he did for the Book Thief. We have enough ASM now. Helenas Theme should be the last one. Of course this is just my opinion. 

I understand the sentiment, but it’s almost like you didn’t read my post: I asked "what are some themes that he has still not yet done, that you think could translate well to a violin arrangement for her?” and you said “None.”

At the risk of sounding like a complete ignoramus, how much of the arrangements are just that, and how much are flourishes added by the player? I seem to remember that the stuff that sounds improvisational on the CMiYC score was actually written note for note by Williams, so I guess I may have answered my own question. To put it another way, if a different high profile violinist, with a similar skill and experience level, were to perform these arrangements, how different would they sound?

On 20/07/2023 at 1:49 PM, crocodile said:

Star of Bethlehem,

Karol

A Christmas fantasia with the main HA 1 and 2 themes would be lovely.  

12 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

. To put it another way, if a different high profile violinist, with a similar skill and experience level, were to perform these arrangements, how different would they sound?

They surely would sound different, but all the notes would be exactly the same, because the cadenzas are written out and not improvised, like you said.