BREAKING NEWS: Disney Records to never release STAR WARS & INDIANA JONES Complete Collection Boxsets

I'm wondering if the Dolby Atmos Releases for the prequels are on there way? Last year's May 4th Release was the Original Trilogy in Dolby Atmos. 

Or.... 

Home Alone Movie GIF

And let's not forget it's Disney. No way they would release exapnded ST scores of any variety.

49 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

I mean, they allowed the expanded release of Solo on Intrada...

They said yes to the Wrong John.

But the mouse didn't make those so they don't exist! (Other than to be butchered)

7 hours ago, eitam said:

Sadly I'm not yet at the point where I can just laugh about this. 

I can. I can honestly happily say that, while such sets would certainly be exciting, I don't need them at all. I don't plan on getting swept up in unreleased Star Wars or Indy music mania. Those days are over. Too much music to listen to anyway. One day, Mike will do them and then I'll sit back and enjoy it all.

There's one cue from RotS that never seems to have leaked that I'd like clean (funeral/vader reveal), but other than that I just added ~10 minutes including that bit, to the end of the OST. The opening battle track is a better listening experience for me than the full intended sequence.

Indy... it would be nice to have the full score for Crusade but most of what I want is on the Concord set. Not overly interested in the other Indys, and certainly not the other SWs.

But I know many are praying for complete/remastered sets and I hope they happen just like I pray my grails are coming. But I'll be as detached from the associated mania as bolle.

3 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

The opening battle track is a better listening experience for me than the full intended sequence.

I actually agree with this. I play that album track often.

5 hours ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Fixed.

One of these days, Powell, right in the kisser.  

11 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Huh? You don't mean literally merging the OSTs and FYCs and pressing a disc do you? What a pointless exercise - any of us can do that.

At a minimum they should release expanded prequels - surely not too much editing or mastering needed, relative to the work involved for the OT.

That I would like to see. If you can really manage to press CD's with large booklets and so on. I doubt you had a factory plant for real pressing discs. So no... no one of us can do that. That's what GerateWohl meant. I assume he wants the real thing.

Besides, I am in your camp. I would rather like expanded prequel soundtracks. Maybe this is a bit of selfish thinking, but I do have all of the pressed FYC's albums in my collection (I paid quite a bit for those) and I like it to listen to so I rather want the prequels.

I meant more along the lines that in terms of content for that we don't need anything from Disney. If you really wanted an official pressed CD with all the FYC material so that it's all 'official', fine I guess. We should be aiming our sights far higher than that though.

13 hours ago, Chewy said:

And an expanded release session dump of Rogue One!

Given that JW will ruin something with eventual expansions, and I hear talk of people wanting literally everything JW recorded, isn't a session dump actually what you want? :) 

Problem is, what you really want is a tightly curated, MM-produced, JW-rubber stamped set in an embossed, deluxe box set, but I'd say it's almost certain such a set would omit something, particularly as JW has a tight hold over what he wants released. I don't think one product will deliver both wishes.