robthehand

The Official La-La Land Records Thread

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Varese DE of The Matrix is nowhere close to being complete

Oh, ok! Well this development with Varese certainly opens doors then...

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

The Advenures of Batman and Robin

Interesting that unreleased titles were included. I wonder at what stage LLL actually numbers their releases?

Could be imagining things but I thought JFK was basically finished years ago -- just awaiting final approvals. But that's nowhere to be seen.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Nah, there'll be other Williams titles out before then

I'm guessing Always 30th anniversary, throwaway bottlecap like SPR.

And Hook.

Info on upcoming releases and repressings from MV posted on the FSM message board:

To be perfectly honest with you I have no idea when anything is coming out any more. I have thrown in the towel. I haven't a clue when things will be approved. I mean, hell -- Chilling Adventure of Sabrina was supposed to be done for April! We can't get any Sony Music titles repressed because they moved to another manufacturing plant and lost everyone's booklets and trays. WEA moved to another plant and we can't even get in our repressings of Superman and Harry Potter because no one knows what happened to the cds they supposedly sent to us!

And don't get me started on approvals and contracts! I swear, this is the year that everything seems to have gone to BLEEP! Thank god for a stellar Black Friday slate last year and an awesome 1st quarter of leftover 2018 titles that have let us glide through this crazy new release slate relatively unscathed, financially speaking. Apes set really helped us out when we needed it, but as of right now we have nothing coming out for sure except the Orville S1 LP which will be Aug 13.

BTW, there is no July 30 release.

Sorry to vent, but that's what is happening now. Tons of titles are on back order, new stuff has to be approved and contracts are still pending. At this rate Black Friday titles might be Chilling Adventures of Sabrina and Elfman's Mission Impossible, along with the 31st anniversary 4 cd set of DIE HARD!!!!!!

MV

We can't get any Sony Music titles repressed because they moved to another manufacturing plant and lost everyone's booklets and trays. WEA moved to another plant and we can't even get in our repressings of Superman and Harry Potter because no one knows what happened to the cds they supposedly sent to us!

Whaa? You're going through all the crap a label producer has to go through and then Sony/Warner just loses your stuff?

Jesus....