The Force Awakens Disney Records OST

Not Mr. Big

Isn't this like the way people who aren't really into film music tend to call score selections 'songs'?

When the guy says remixes, doesn't he mean 'rearrangements of old themes'?

Not sure about the combined orchestra though..... What could THAT mean in 'simple folks-terms'...?

Isn't this like the way people who aren't really into film music tend to call score selections 'songs'?

When the guy says remixes, doesn't he mean 'rearrangements of old themes'?

Yes.

Not sure about the combined orchestra though..... What could THAT mean in 'simple folks-terms'...?

Probably just means the power of the whole orchestra playing together.

Yeah, the combined power of the orchestra.

You apparently need to wait years, perhaps a decade or more, for accurate Star Wars reviews. Remember, when Attack of the Cloned came out, everyone was saying it was just as good as Empire, if not the best Star Wars film ever. So I'm taking this all with a grain of salt.

Yeah, most everything positive he said I heard said about TPM, AOTC, and ROTS, which I contend are not bad films, but disappointing, nonetheless. There will be no objectivity for a long time.

That seems to be the case nowadays. I remember that the comments about TPM music from non-film score fans back in 1999 used to be worded much better than what we've been reading lately regarding TFA.

You apparently need to wait years, perhaps a decade or more, for accurate Star Wars reviews. Remember, when Attack of the Cloned came out, everyone was saying it was just as good as Empire, if not the best Star Wars film ever. So I'm taking this all with a grain of salt.

Yeah, most everything positive he said I heard said about TPM, AOTC, and ROTS, which I contend are not bad films, but disappointing, nonetheless. There will be no objectivity for a long time.

There never was such a thing as objectivity when it comes to movies like Star Wars.

True. We'll spend two years praising TFA as the best Stars Wars, a decade shitting on it for being a terrible Star Wars film, and then forget about it.

remixes

soundtrack bits

combined orchestra

picardfacepalm.png

See, looks like I was right

It's just badly chosen words from the so-called "reviewer" (aside, very strange Disney did a test screening this late... I'm smelling a fake review here, btw).

There never was such a thing as objectivity when it comes to movies like Star Wars.

Basically this. Fans around the world took serious issue that their Golden Calf could actually disappoint them.

If anything, this new one will play for the cheap seats by being nothing BUT nostalgia / "for the fanboys" / etc - and thus robbing it of anything new.

Snore.

But at least we get John in front of an orchestra.

Basically this. Fans around the world took serious issue that their Golden Calf could actually disappoint them.

If anything, this new one will play for the cheap seats by being nothing BUT nostalgia / "for the fanboys" / etc - and thus robbing it of anything new.

Snore.

But at least we get John in front of an orchestra.

So Jurassic World basically.

With all the RCPised Force Themes in the trailers and TV spots, I'm genuinely worried they may have gone this route in the film

I'm worried that his score has been influenced.

Like I said:

I helped him program Zebra for this score actually. Lots of heavy thumpers.

Face it guys. Williams is not totally relevant anymore in his style. You'll appreciate the additions and changes that have been made when you experience them.

Maybe Boyega made some suggestions when he visited during the recording sessions: "Yo, Johnny boy. You should add some phat beats! Makes the music more epic! My theme needs phat beats!"

Yeah, cuz all black people like them phat beats, right..? :/

Maybe Boyega made some suggestions when he visited during the recording sessions: "Yo, Johnny boy. You should add some phat beats! Makes the music more epic! My theme needs phat beats!"

Yeah, cuz all black people like them phat beats, right..? :/

Yes, yes, that's obviously what I meant.

Yo.