Jurassic Park and The Lost World Complete Release coming from LaLa-Land Records on 29th of November

Lockdown

4 hours ago, Incanus said:

But the perfection of this set is now ruined! Ruined! Darkness falls! All has come to nothing! The teeth, the teeth in the dark!

Oh my God... THE JWFAN HAS DISBANDED!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

crash

maxresdefault.jpg

11 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

what means dope?

Sweet, cool, awesome, etc.  I'm saying I thought the clean opening to High Bar and Ceiling Tiles was really cool, I enjoyed hearing it a lot

4 hours ago, Jay said:

It's too bad because I'm working from home today and can BLAST IT AT FULL VOLUME from my living room system (which has awesome brand new polk speakers to boot)

Polk's new Signature Series, by chance? I just got a pair of their S15's - some impressive little speakers, especially for the price. 

Can anyone please direct me to the recording of the Madrid 2011 TLW performance?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

It seems weird that JW would go out of his way to make things difficult for the piano player and then have his/her results mixed in the background.

There's some cool piano stuff in The Imperial March and The Asteroid Field that's barely noticeable on most recordings, and indeed even first rate live performances.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Sweet, cool, awesome, etc.  I'm saying I thought the clean opening to High Bar and Ceiling Tiles was really cool, I enjoyed hearing it a lot

oh..it sounded negative.

cool!

Monitor 60's?

They are decent, for a budget Polk speaker. Used to blow out loads of them (and 70's) on the big sale dates like Boxing Day. 

These are considered "old" now but I still love them. And they cost far more when I picked them up!

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-TSi500-Floorstanding-Speaker/dp/B001OAAQBI?th=1

I don't dare go near full blast either. Not even the bars I've worked at would be as loud and I wore earplugs as well.

There's nothing wrong with them. Much better than a lot of junk speakers you can buy from the back of a white van for sure. 

And not having a glossy top I bet is much, much easier to keep clean!

About 41 minutes.  And its such a long, detailed, and complex score, adding this to the 70 we already have seriously makes a dramatic difference.  This score features some of his most interesting orchestrations!  And the development of the Island's Voice theme isn't really captured properly by the OST program.

53 minutes ago, Jay said:

About 41 minutes.  And its such a long, detailed, and complex score, adding this to the 70 we already have seriously makes a dramatic difference.  This score features some of his most interesting orchestrations!  And the development of the Island's Voice theme isn't really captured properly by the OST program.

wow didn't realize it was this much

2 minutes ago, OneBuckFilms said:

I'm ashamed to say I never picked up The Lost World, so that entire score will be new outside of the movie to me.

Ashamed?

That's going to be a great experience.

11 hours ago, dfenton85 said:

I just listened to the Jurassic Park OST on my commute home. It has to be one of the most bizarrely sequenced albums that JW has produced, especially if you are familiar with the movie.

- The main theme would have had more impact on the album had its first appearance been in the middle of 'Journey To The Island' just like in the movie. Listening to the album end to end, its appearance there is slightly less impactful because we already heard 'Theme from Jurassic Park' 

- Knowing the movie very well, listening to 'The Raptor Attack' directly after 'Journey To The Island' sounds very wrong

- Having the end credits in the middle of the album is just bizarre.

It's a weird program on CD, because it's actually sequenced like an LP, with the side change coming between track 7 and 8. 

If you think about the album in two parts (an A side and a B side) it makes a lot more sense.

The tracks I've replayed the most are "Corporate Helicopters", "Rialto Ripples" (mostly the ending), "High Bar and Roof Tiles" and "Monster on the Loose", all of which are Williams at his most badass, although that's The Lost World in general.

No.  Universal only licenses out the physical CD rights to the specialty labels, and keeps the digital rights to themselves.  Universal MIGHT choose to sell this program on iTunes / Amazon MP3 / Google Play / Spotify / etc eventually, they might not.  We have no way of knowing.

In the meantime, the ONLY way to legally own this music is to purchase the CD set.

12 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

This may be an odd question but does La La Land release their music in high quality digital formats or available on any online music services? I don'thave anything that plays cds anymore.

Apple user?

It would be legal for you to buy the CDs, use a friend's computer to rip the CDs and make them into MP3s or M4As or whatever else, and then put those into your iTunes or whatever digital media player you use.  I think.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

It would be legal for you to buy the CDs, use a friend's computer to rip the CDs and make them into MP3s or M4As or whatever else, and then put those into your iTunes or whatever digital media player you use.  I think.

Yeah I used to do that but it's just a hassle. I'm considering that now but I've just gotten use to digital music. They're not on itunes or anything?

18 minutes ago, Jay said:

No.  Universal only licenses out the physical CD rights to the specialty labels, and keeps the digital rights to themselves.  Universal MIGHT choose to sell this program on iTunes / Amazon MP3 / Google Play / Spotify / etc eventually, they might not.  We have no way of knowing.

In the meantime, the ONLY way to legally own this music is to purchase the CD set.

The good news is, Universal sold the Jurassic Park 20th Anniversary Edition digitally, as well as Back To The Future 1 and 2 specialty label expansions.  The bad news is, they are not selling the specialty label expansions of Jaws 1-4.  So who knows what Universal will decide.

I can say with absolute authority that this set is worth every penny of its $60 price tag.

51 minutes ago, artguy360 said:

Yeah I used to do that but it's just a hassle. I'm considering that now but I've just gotten use to digital music. They're not on itunes or anything?

Rip the CD's, then sell the set?