Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

Curious seeing both the Disney and the Paramount logos in the poster. The Star Wars Sequels only had the Lucasfilm logo, both on posters and on the movies themselves. I wonder if that means we'll see the Disney castle and maybe the Paramount mountain in the movie.

1 hour ago, crumbs said:

The delivery of that final line gave me chills, just hearing the emotion in Ford's delivery.

It echoes back to Indy and Marcus sharing essentially the same line in the third film.

So I guess the old rumors that Helena was Marcus Brody's daughter were wrong, right?

Because in this trailer Indy tells her that her father shot him, and then the next scene shows Toby Jones shooting him

Do ya'll think the movie will have a bunch of credits playing during the opening, or save all the credits until the end like most blockbuster Disney movies (MCU & Star Wars)

8 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

It’s definitely Tony Stella.

Pretty much confirmed on his Twitter. And it seems like he's not happy about it? I guess it got altered in some way after he submitted it?

2 hours ago, Brando said:

Final trailer!!! 

YES!!! 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Holy shit that trailer was legitimately awesome!

I even liked its trailerized version of the Indy theme!

Found an even higher res version of the poster

FtHGIX2X0AATeT8?format=jpg&name=large

I even like the new font!

This will be the best film of the year. Heck, this is the only film I am eagerly excited for and cannot wait to see this year.

Do the final lines sound weird to anyone else?

In particular "I've been tortured with voodoo, been shot nine times -including once by your father". Like they got a weird filter on it or it's an AI.

15 minutes ago, Cerebral Cortex said:

Pretty much confirmed on his Twitter. And it seems like he's not happy about it? I guess it got altered in some way after he submitted it?

Actually, that is why Drew Struzan retired from working with film studios

14 minutes ago, Muad'Dib said:

Do the final lines sound weird to anyone else?

In particular "I've been tortured with voodoo, been shot nine times -including once by your father". Like they got a weird filter on it or it's an AI.

He's just old.

Mangold lavishes praise upon JW and the score. Williams got the loudest cheer of all, after Ford, Lucas, Spielberg and Kennedy are name dropped before him.

"To have the miraculous John Williams, at 91 years old... (huge applause)... writing a kick-ass score, two hours of music by that man! So fasten your seatbelts, we can't wait for you to see it."

You have to click his profile pic to view the Facebook stories. Should have a blue ring around his pic. Click that and then select "View story." You have to scroll past to the most recent ones. Not sure how to link them directly.

image.png

Sounds a lot like A Whirl Through Academe, at first listen.

Little snippet of Warehouse Escape too. Maybe hints of Escape from Venice.