Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (James Mangold, June 30 2023)

Joe Brausam

That's a good point, Disney Records does like to play by their own rules

I think all three of Johnny's Star Wars sequel score albums dropped on Fridays though

1 hour ago, Jay said:

That's a good point, Disney Records does like to play by their own rules

I think all three of Johnny's Star Wars sequel score albums dropped on Fridays though

Actually, the TROS album released on the 18th of December 2019. I remember listening to it in full (like an idiot) as soon as I saw it.

DDC67A73-D182-48EE-AE48-A3220615E75E.jpeg

BB897A8B-5DF2-4EB1-9E78-AAD51965AC52.png

On 18/4/2023 at 10:52 AM, ThePenitentMan1 said:

Planning on getting a real one or a non-firing replica?

Oh non firing replica for me.  I’m afraid of firearms. 

22 hours ago, Andy said:

Oh non firing replica for me.  I’m afraid of firearms. 

A quick search turned up little in the way of PFC or Airsoft replicas of the Colt Official Police.  The Model 10 had Tanaka replicas in the form of the .38 Victory Model...  But overall, I think you might be better off sticking with the Raiders gun replicas in this department.

2 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

A quick search turned up little in the way of PFC or Airsoft replicas of the Colt Official Police.  The Model 10 had Tanaka replicas in the form of the .38 Victory Model...  But overall, I think you might be better off sticking with the Raiders gun replicas in this department.

The ToD holster looks longer or thinner than Raiders. I figured it was for a Webley. 

2 minutes ago, Andy said:

The ToD holster looks longer or thinner than Raiders. I figured it was for a Webley. 

IIRC I believe they were thinking about the Webley WG that early, but for unknown reasons went with the Colt/S&W instead.

https://indygear.com/igguns.html

On 27/05/2022 at 11:28 AM, SyncMan said:

Now that Disney has a firm release of Indy 5, Disney Concerts can get off their butts and start preparing a LTP concert for, at least, one of the Indy films, so that they can take advantage of the fanbase who are now counting down the days towards the release. 

I may be wrong in thinking Disney Concerts can do anything about producing LTP concerts of the released Indiana Jones films—TOD, TLC, and TKCS.  What I’m about to say are just theories based on facts.

My reason is that Paramount Pictures still owns the distribution rights (showing a film at a theatre, TV broadcast, home video, streaming, etc) to these said films, while Disney owns the music-score rights of these films--Bantha Music is the publisher of the Lucasfilm music-scores and Disney owns Lucasfilm.  So, Disney Concerts can’t do the LTP concerts of these films without the license from Paramount to show the films at the concert halls, amphitheaters, etc. and, apparently, Paramount is playing ball with them.

Can a concert production company-like Film Concerts Live, or CineConcerts-create one by paying the licensing fees to both Disney and Paramount? Perhaps, but apparently no company has been successful at doing that, at least not for this year.  According to the website, ‘Movies In Concert’, multiple bookings of the Raiders LTP concert are turning up for the next 12 months.

Date Country State
(USA only)
City Title
16 Jun 2023 30.gif USA North Carolina Charlotte Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
17 Jun 2023 30.gif USA North Carolina Charlotte Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
07 Jul 2023 30.gif USA Indiana Fishers Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
08 Jul 2023 30.gif USA Indiana Fishers Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
13 Aug 2023 30.gif USA California Irvine Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
23 Sep 2023 30.gif USA Oregon Portland Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
24 Sep 2023 30.gif USA Oregon Portland Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
14 Oct 2023 30.gif USA Arizona Tucson Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
15 Oct 2023 30.gif USA Arizona Tucson Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
21 Mar 2024 41.gif Canada   Vancouver, B.C. Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert
22 Mar 2024 41.gif Canada   Vancouver, B.C. Raiders of the Lost Ark - In Concert

Theories as to why LTP concerts of any of these films hasn't been created:

• at least one of the studios--Disney or Paramount--won't license their properties

or

• the combine license fees from both studios are huge.  The producer creating the concerts has to pass the cost along to the clients-the orchestras that use the rentals-and they won't pay it because they won't make a profit--it even if the concerts sell out all the seats at their venues.

Now, it may be possible that Disney Concerts can make a LTP concert of DoD, because Disney has both distribution and music-score ownership.  Disney Concerts created LTP concerts of recently released films like Black Panther and 2022's West Side Story.

Either Jones is a character like Hamlet, Flash Gordon, and Tom Sawyer or he's just Harrison Ford in a bunch of movies.

I would argue that it would be really tough for someone else to be John Wick. But I don't see that uniqueness with Ford.

If it's the former then someone else can eventually play Indiana Jones if it's ever decided that there are stories to tell. I'm not saying anyone can do it, or that it's easy to do. But they pay these people rather a lot of money to make believe this stuff.

(Recast Han, Luke, and Leia.)

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

What

Ford gives a charming and charismatic performance with a robust amount of physical action. He's amazing at it. But other people have done the same in other roles. There are other "Indiana Jones". The real point of uniqueness is not Ford. It's Ford / Spielberg / Lucas / Kasdan / Williams. Raiders is unique. As the sequels have shown us.

Reeves as John Wick is rather unique for lots of reasons that have not much to do with acting. Tom Cruise's Ethan Hunt is the same. Cruise is an underappreciated actor sometimes, but people aren't flocking to the M:I movies to see him act.

I can see wanting to see more Indiana Jones movies and takes on the character. What would there be to seeing another John Wick?

I think Ford is great but the idea that there aren't more actors in the world is kind of crazy. That being said, perhaps I'd enjoy more other adventure movies "in the vein of" a bunch of stuff than just reboots of the same thing.

2 hours ago, Tallguy said:

But I don't see that uniqueness with Ford.

If you have any doubt that Ford is unique, watching Solo: A Star Wars Story will disabuse you of such notions.  

Harrison Ford is Han Solo and Indiana Jones. There's no replacing him.

30 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

If you have any doubt that Ford is unique, watching Solo: A Star Wars Story will disabuse you of such notions.  

I liked Solo.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Hard disagree here, I find Ford unique and irreplaceable 

1) I used to.

2) If we can keep making movies after Bogart and Wayne we can keep making movies after Ford.