Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (JJ Abrams 2015)

crocodile

I wish Lucasfilm and Disney would announce who's actually cast in the damn film now. I'm tired of Abrams playing the Mystery Box trick on every single film.

I get they want to keep key elements secret until the film's release... but c'mon, at least confirm Hamill, Fisher and Ford's involvement now. (Then save the newcomers for when casting is finished.)

I wish Lucasfilm and Disney would announce who's actually cast in the damn film now. I'm tired of Abrams playing the Mystery Box trick on every single film.

I get they want to keep key elements secret until the film's release... but c'mon, at least confirm Hamill, Fisher and Ford's involvement now. (Then save the newcomers for when casting is finished.)

But don't you see? You're chomping at the bit for news with this thing. Secrecy and silence is by design, part of the hype machine. They've probably see how much of the video games industry operates and took it from there. There will be embargoes on EVERYTHING.

They are going to shoot a 2 hour summer blockbuster in just 3 months? OK.....

KOCS was shot in 34 or 36 days.

Not everything needs to be on The Hobbit like schedules

They are going to shoot a 2 hour summer blockbuster in just 3 months? OK.....

KOCS was shot in 34 or 36 days.

Not everything needs to be on The Hobbit like schedules

Spielberg of course keeps a very tight schedule on all his movies. I wonder if Abrams does too.

Your annoyance only makes Abrams stronger.

I think the star wars film, at least the prequels were mostly shot in summer 3 months.

looking in the net...

yep

TPM: Filming began on June 26, 1997, and ended on September 30 of that year

AOTC: Principal photography occurred between June 26, 2000 and September 20, 2000

ROTS: June 30, 2003 to September 17, 2003

The thing with big budget effects film like this is that the pre-production and particularly the post production phase takes a hell of a lot longer then the actual shooting.

The pre-production is about setting up what needs to be shot and where, set design, costumes etc and a huge amount of meticulous planning and scheduling. Because once the actually start filming things get very expensive. And ofcouyrse post production is where (in this case) the actual film is made.

So despite some of the reservations that we may have regarding this...is anyone else just really excited that a new Star Wars movie is going to be filming in 4 months? I mean, I think that's really cool. Optimism!

Industrial Light & Magic just announced the opening of ILM London in the UK, as well as the growth and relocation of ILM Vancouver. All of that will help ILM's workflow on Episode VII, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Jurassic World.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/290963-industrial-light-magic-announces-facility-expansions-for-star-wars-avengers-and-more

http://geektyrant.com/news/is-this-star-wars-episode-vii-millennium-falcon-concept-art

Lucasfilm-production.jpg?format=750w

What's on the TV, is it from any of the movies or is it something for the new movies. I know this might sound outlandish but I'm really holding out for it being Darth Revan. I would love to see characters and event from KOTOR get acknowledged in the movie.

Why?

It would make KOTOR part of the official canon of Star Wars.

They should just lift the KOTOR plot completely and adapt it into the film. Great Star Wars story with a better twist than TESB!

The plot itself is a really similar to ANH. Even casual viewers would pick up the similarities.

Yup, most of what we see here is from previous movies. You can easily make out both Alec Guinness talking to Luke on Dagobah and Christopher Lee is in the panel to the left. Just above Christopher Lee is Yoda catching the force lightning from AOTC.

Why don't just wait for the release and see what is it going to be?

The prequels felt so bad because it was all talked and chewed to the end.

If there was Internet in 1975, same had happened to Star Wars.

Bullshit! The prequels felt bad because they failed to touch and inspire an entire generation the way the originals did. Don't get me wrong, they're far from the worst films ever made. There's just no comparison between the trilogies in terms of emotional resonance. Sure, there'd be people criticizing the originals if there'd been an internet in 1977, but they still would have stood the test of time in a way that the new films can't and won't. And this comes from someone young enough that I hadn't seen any of the Star Wars films until 1999!

I liked the first one but if this is going to have better music(the first one(ESBscore) was just a REBOOT) then I will be happy.

A better score than ESB? Inconceivable!

Why don't just wait for the release and see what is it going to be?

The prequels felt so bad because it was all talked and chewed to the end.

If there was Internet in 1975, same had happened to Star Wars.

Bullshit! The prequels felt bad because they failed to touch and inspire an entire generation the way the originals did. Don't get me wrong, they're far from the worst films ever made. There's just no comparison between the trilogies in terms of emotional resonance. Sure, there'd be people criticizing the originals if there'd been an internet in 1977, but they still would have stood the test of time in a way that the new films can't and won't. And this comes from someone young enough that I hadn't seen any of the Star Wars films until 1999!

I liked the first one but if this is going to have better music(the first one(ESBscore) was just a REBOOT) then I will be happy.

They prequels are great. There are even many younger people who prefer them to the old trilogy or parts of the old trilogy. On this board the more old school starwars fans (sometimes old trilogy worshippers) seem to be in the majority. I love the prequels as well as the old trilogy.