Star Wars Disenchantment

John

Does he wash the mask after eating or does he just dispose of a mask after each meal?

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

Does he wash the mask after eating or does he just dispose of a mask after each meal?

Admiral Firmus Piett cleans it...

IMG_3546.jpeg

That's right..."Firmus".

IMG_3547.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mattris said:

1.  Kathleen Kennedy, the executive producers, writers, and directors of the canon works (films, shows, novels, games, comics), all members of the Lucasfilm Story Group, Dave Filoni, Jon Faverau

You heard it here first folks. Not even George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, is competent enough to understands Star Wars

5 hours ago, Mattris said:

I managed to expand my interpretation beyond a relative surface-level.

Yes, I believe that you believe so in your mind. But everyone else here on the forum thinks otherwise. That should tell you something about this.

I believe in this 'space soap opera children's story' because I think it was intended to teach its audience valuable life lessons and universal truths... not only to 12-year-olds.

You believe in it, because you have Peter Pan complex. You don’t want to be an adult and see that it’s a children’s story that is meant for 12-year-olds. If you’re an adult and talk about Star Wars like it was some kind of important moral teaching and all that you wrote, it makes you look like an ignorant immature child who doesn’t understand real life.

Why do you think Star Wars doesn't have a message based in grander areas of thought or belief? George Lucas has been abundantly clear that he designed his story from these-type works of the past. Perhaps you can let me know what so many have trouble with:

What do you think is the story of Star Wars?

Of course Star Wars has a message. For daydreaming 12-year-olds. Not for adults who live in reality. 
Exactly. Lucas designed these films from other, pre-existing material, there’s hardly any original thing in it. 
Lucas has explained a million times what Star Wars is about according to him. They are just movies, so if you watch them and think they’re more than what you see on screen, again, you are emotionally and intellectually immature.

On 24/01/2024 at 12:23 AM, greenturnedblue said:

You heard it here first folks. Not even George Lucas, creator of Star Wars, is competent enough to understands Star Wars

George Lucas is not a 'Lucasfilm employee or contractor'.

On 24/01/2024 at 2:28 AM, JTW said:

Yes, I believe that you believe so in your mind. But everyone else here on the forum thinks otherwise. That should tell you something about this.

From my extensive contributions in this topic, I've already proven that I have 'expanded my interpretation beyond a relative surface-level'. Even with a swath of corroborating canon excerpts and logical reasoning, so many here doubted my theories (Emperor Palpatine's return, Rey's relation to him, Snoke being a puppet, Ben Solo being manipulated, clues to all this within John Williams' themes for these very characters, etc.). But I was right in my predictions.

Regardless of what you and others truly think of me - or merely what you post publicly - nothing will ever change that. Moving forward, just imagine what else I might be right about...

You believe in it, because you have Peter Pan complex. You don’t want to be an adult and see that it’s a children’s story that is meant for 12-year-olds. If you’re an adult and talk about Star Wars like it was some kind of important moral teaching and all that you wrote, it makes you look like an ignorant immature child who doesn’t understand real life.

Perhaps you should examine yourself: Taking the time to aggressively 'diagnose' someone who has a different take on Star Wars than you... and appears to be on the right page. What exactly in my writings makes you think I'm "an ignorant immature child who doesn’t understand real life"? Why should someone so informed - and proven right - as me give your dismal, worthless, surface-level Star Wars take a smidgeon of credence? How exactly would that benefit me... or anyone?

Of course Star Wars has a message. For daydreaming 12-year-olds. Not for adults who live in reality. 
Exactly. Lucas designed these films from other, pre-existing material, there’s hardly any original thing in it. 
Lucas has explained a million times what Star Wars is about according to him. They are just movies, so if you watch them and think they’re more than what you see on screen, again, you are emotionally and intellectually immature.

On the contrary, if you think the Star Wars story and implied message isn't more than what you see on screen, "you are emotionally and intellectually immature."   George Lucas has spoken about Star Wars many times over the decades, making it clear that there's more to it than the audience has picked up on.

Seems you're another one of those people who talks a big game in response to me but seems to be incapable of answering the most simple question, one that you really should have ready after so many bold Star Wars claims and assumptions throughout this forum. So I'll ask it again:

On 24/01/2024 at 2:41 AM, Chen G. said:

Okay, enough with the cerebral stuff, lets get back to Mattris Comedy HourTM

Oh, so knowledgeable and humorous you are, Chen. But without a lick of wisdom.

1 hour ago, Mattris said:

What exactly in my writings makes you think I'm "an ignorant immature child who doesn’t understand real life"?

Everything. :)

George Lucas has spoken about Star Wars many times over the decades, making it clear that there's more to it than the audience has picked up on.

And just because Georgie boy says so, it has to be so, right? :D What else would he say? That he just wanted to make a successful space soap opera for kids and make tons of money? He himself admitted that it was meant for 12-year-olds. But he wants to feel important so he has said all kinds of crap to make it all feel important and meaningful. BS. It's just a MOVIE, an unoriginal, but highly entertaining kids movie. Only 12-year-olds and delusional people think that there's more to it than that. And the first person to admit it is George himself. 

Dude, I've already answered your question, but you're so delusional that you can't or won't comprehend it. 

STAR WARS IS A KIDS MOVIE SO REALLY IT'S NOT ABOUT ANYTHING IMPORTANT THAT ADULTS SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH. IT HAS AN AGE OLD STORY RETOLD IN A NEW WAY. THAT'S IT, NOTHING MORE. GROW UP, MATTRIS, BECAUSE THE OLDER YOU GET, THE LONELIER YOU WILL BECOME THINKING THAT STAR WARS IS SOMETHING MORE THAN JUST MOVIES FOR KIDS. I DON'T CARE WHAT STAR WARS IS ABOUT, BECAUSE I'M AN ADULT WHO DOESN'T CARE ABOUT KIDS MOVIES ALL THAT MUCH. I AM ENTERTAINED WATCHING THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY, THEN TURN THE TV OFF AND LIVE MY LIFE. YOU SEEM TO BE TRAPPED IN THIS FICTIONAL, IMAGINARY WORLD AND YOU DESPERATELY TRY TO FIND SOME ARTIFICIALLY FABRICATED MEANING TO IT TO JUSTIFY YOUR CHILDISH OBSESSION AND TO MAKE YOU FEEL IMPORTANT AND RELEVANT. ADULTS LAUGH AT YOU BECAUSE YOU ACT LIKE A CHILD WHO USES WORDS HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND TO TRY TO EARN THE ADULTS' RESPECT. BUT ALL YOU ACHIEVE IS THAT ADULTS LAUGH AT YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE TRYING TO PROVE TO THEM THAT A CARTOON IS AS IMPORTANT AS 12 ANGRY MEN. THE SOONER YOU REALIZE THAT YOU NEED TO ESCAPE THIS STAR WARS MATRIX (MATTRIS) YOU'VE BEEN TRAPPED IN FOR MANY YEARS NOW, THE SOONER YOU WILL GET TO LIVE A NORMAL AND HEALTHY LIFE AND ESCAPE YOUR DELUSIONS.

On 24/01/2024 at 4:55 AM, JTW said:

Everything. :)

Of what am I "ignorant"? How am I an "immature child"? What about real life do you think I don't understand? I asked you for specifics. Try again.

And just because Georgie boy says so, it has to be so, right? :D What else would he say? That he just wanted to make a successful space soap opera for kids and make tons of money? He himself admitted that it was meant for 12-year-olds. But he wants to feel important so he has said all kinds of crap to make it all feel important and meaningful. BS. It's just a MOVIE, an unoriginal, but highly entertaining kids movie. Only 12-year-olds and delusional people think that there's more to it than that. And the first person to admit it is George himself. 

Dude, I've already answered your question, but you're so delusional that you can't or won't comprehend.

No, what I see in the literal canon material - dating all the way back to the OT scripts and novelizations - tells me what I theorize is so.

A few years after ROTJ, Sir Alec Guinness said about Star Wars, "I hear now people disparaging the work, and I say, 'No, no. It's been done with great care and imagination. There's more to it than you think.'"  The accomplished actor said he initially dismissed the work as 'science fiction' but spoke with Lucas and took the part, likely because he was told of the work's deeper meaning.

Who are you to call me of all people "delusional"? What theories have you been right about? What Star Wars insight or interesting takes have you shared? A recommendation to ignore two entire film trilogies - everything but the OT - and to interpret this mythological allegorical fairytale based on its surface level, as would a small child? No thanks. I'll continue on a path that will actually benefit me as I continue to grow as a person... as we all should strive to do. (Such was the stated purpose of this story.)

I'm positive that I "comprehend" a great deal more than you about Star Wars and its relevance to "real life". You've clearly hit a dead end and are lashing out in ignorance and frustration.

STAR WARS IS A KIDS MOVIE SO REALLY IT'S NOT ABOUT ANYTHING IMPORTANT THAT ADULTS SHOULD BE CONCERNED WITH...

Then why are you here, clearly concerned with it?  I'm beginning to think you don't have it in you to type out what I've asked you repeatedly:

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE STORY OF STAR WARS?

In browsing this thread again, that old saying about how the definition of insanity is doing something the same way each time but expecting different results has come to mind.    

The saying certainly applies to the cyclical story of Star Wars.

After being instructed by the very individuals who weren't able to foresee - or do anything to prevent - the utter destruction of the Jedi Order and collapse of the Republic they served, why was it expected by the audience that former farm boy Luke Skywalker - along with his sister (Princess) Leia who sought out one of the individuals for help - would have been able to create a lasting, prosperous New Jedi Order and New Republic? (This, after their victory over a galactic empire by way of mere good intentions, violence, and mysterious magic powers.)

In other words, what did the next generation of characters learn or experience throughout their journey that made clear that the story ended Happily Ever After... and would have not continued with the same things happening again with the subsequent generation?

The answer:  Nothing. The sequel trilogy showed what the audience should have expected.

I'm positive that I "comprehend" a great deal more than you about Star Wars and its relevance to "real life".

You say things, but all I see is this.

IMG_0050.jpeg

Ironic. It's you who shouted ~200 words at me.

In a tiny fraction of that, why don't you write out what you think Star Wars is about? What do you think are its intended takeaways?

54 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

In browsing this thread again, that old saying about how the definition of insanity is doing something the same way each time but expecting different results has come to mind.    

And if what you're expecting out of it is a good laugh?

Frankly, I don't think Mattris can conjur up anything in this thread to quite top the saying that earned him a place in my signature. But I'm more than willing to see him try.

13 minutes ago, Tallguy said:

Except it's not. It's a children's story meant for 20 year olds. Lucas didn't make Star Wars for his kids or even his kids to be. He made it for him because he thought this stuff was crazy fun. See also Lost Ark, Raiders of the.

Yes and no. I feel like pegging the core demographic around 12, as Lucas once did, is not too far off the truth.

15 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Just to clarify, I was referring to Mattris continually returning to this thread to say the same things over and over again and convincing absolutely nobody of them as a result. 

The only thing I'm trying to 'convince' anyone here of is that I have a more insightful - and ultimately, beneficial - interpretation of Star Wars than those here who tease me... those who claim that 'the Star Wars sky is falling', that George Lucas is being betrayed by the very people he hired, that trilogies can be ignored, that the current writers and executive creators have no plan for the story, and/or that Star Wars is a lame, escapist story with no intended meaning beyond its surface level: Families should stick together and ultimately, violence is the answer.

Do you not understand my logical reasoning as it pertains to the progression of the story past Episode VI, as depicted in the sequel trilogy?

The only thing I'm trying to 'convince' anyone here of is that I have a more insightful - and ultimately, beneficial - interpretation of Star Wars than those here who tease me... those who claim that 'the Star Wars sky is falling', that George Lucas is being betrayed by the very people he hired, that multiple trilogies can be ignored, that the current writers have no plan for the story, and/or that Star Wars is a lame, escapist story with no intended meaning beyond its surface level: Family should stick together and ultimately, violence is the answer.

Do you not understand my logical reasoning as it pertains to the progression of the story past Episode VI, as depicted in the sequel trilogy?

To me, your continual returns to this thread border on the masochistic. But hey, whatever flies your X-Wing. 

I'm not into S&M, so I won't be feeding the baby troll anymore.  

But he's not a sadist, he's simply delusional. 

Exactly. Mattris is one of those people who needs to see purpose in every little thing, probably because it’s too scary to acknowledge that life is chaos and there’s no one steering the ship.

2 hours ago, Holko said:

The ones who reply and feed him are the masochistic ones.

What about the ones who sit on the sides, open a beer (or four), get a little roast going, and have a good, hearty laugh reading all the shenanigans?

14 hours ago, Mattris said:

Considerable thoughtfulness was required to escape the doldrums of disenchantment

"Escape" Star Wars disenchantment? Mate, you spend all your time here in the Star Wars Disenchantment thread. :lol: Seems to me you're still pretty stuck in the doldrums. 

You're clearly not a stupid person, so I can only conclude that you're either one Bantha short of a herd or the greatest troll in the history of JWFan. If it's the latter (and I certainly hope it is), I salute you sir.

43 minutes ago, Nick1Ø66 said:

Mate, you spend all your time here in the Star Wars Disenchantment thread.

We should really call it the "Mattris containment thread"...

Friendly reminder to several posters : personal attacks are not allowed on JWFan.  If you have no interest in the subject matter discussed in this thread, you can simply close the thread and read another one instead instead of replying here.

1 hour ago, A. A. Ron said:

So to get back on topic, who’s feeling disenchanted and how is that influencing your dinner plans this evening?

I had instant ramen. I don't think it gets more disenchanted than that.

On 23/01/2024 at 7:28 AM, JTW said:

Looking forward to getting to know his wisdom of years-long enlightenment. 

On 22/01/2024 at 3:41 PM, Jurassic Shark said:

Let us know...

Hint:  Star Wars is not about space ships, lightsaber duels, or physical wars.

On 23/01/2024 at 4:02 PM, Nick1Ø66 said:

@Mattris, serious question for you and the other Star War experts here.

What's the deal with Vader sitting at a fully set out dinner table on Cloud City and saying that he and Boba Fett would be honoured if Solo, Leia and Chewy joined him?

A more serious question:  If Han, Leia, and Chewy were the "bait", what exactly did Vader's "trap" entail?

On 24/01/2024 at 9:53 AM, A. A. Ron said:

Exactly. Mattris is one of those people who needs to see purpose in every little thing, probably because it’s too scary to acknowledge that life is chaos and there’s no one steering the ship.

Chirrut Imwe (in Rogue One):  There is more than one kind of prison, Captain. I feel that you carry yours with you wherever you go.

Eedy Karn (in Andor):  Everything says something, Syril. I've tried to make you understand that, but you've resisted.

On 24/01/2024 at 2:17 PM, JTW said:

Yep, totally delusional. 

My interpretation of the Star Wars story is based on the fact  that its foundations rest in mythology, allegory, and fairytale.  Based on where the story progressed, multiple stated theories of mine have been proven accurate. They were formulated based on the only primary evidence that exists: the literal contents of the official canon material, dating back to the 1976 Star Wars novelization.

Your interpretation is surface-level only - primarily the OT - with the assumption  that Star Wars has changed for the worse. If you have any evidence of this, I haven't seen it.

It's not me who is delusional.