Harry Potter - The John Williams Soundtrack Collection 7CD boxset from La-La Land Records (2018)

Jay

Of course they print more copies than publicized. They would keep spare units in case of lost/damaged postage, manufacturing defects, plus extras to distribute to people who assisted with the release (like JW and his team/agency, probably a whole bunch of people at WB, cast and crew from the films if they were involved in the approvals, etc.)

1 minute ago, Laserschwert said:

But "lost" doesn't mean that they disappeared from the planet... a limitation to 5000 copies should make sure that there's never more than 5000 copies on Earth.

What should be in an ideal world, and what actually happens in this world are two very different things!

4 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

They always print more copies than indicated, I think. It could be just a safety measure, but several years ago Lukas Kendall confessed he sometimes printed as far as a double quantity than declared.

Plus those things sometimes arrive damaged. Or get lost.

Karol

How funny (and maddening) would it be, if the LLL website crashed at noon, and when it was up again a few minutes later, all 5,000 copies were sold... 😂 

What was the fastest selling JW limited edition release so far? Was it Hook?

What would be more infuriating: we now having waited more than a decade for these full releases but knowing they would be done someday, or some future JWFan discovering there was a release when they were say 2 years old or weren't born yet, and the only place to find it is for 500+ dollar copies on Ebay, LLL has gone out of business and WB doesn't care about old titles anymore so there's no hope of a digital or physical reissue? 

1 minute ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I believe you're referring to Family Plot, tied with Empire of the Sun.

Seriously? 

How long did it take? A few weeks, right? Not days or hours.

28 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

Anybody listening to Harry Potter while waiting for the Harry Potter set to go on sale? :D

I've been skimming through parts of the first 3 scores, yes :)

But there's admin to do as well such as downloading the cover art Jay posted and also registering on LLL's new site to speed up the order process as much as possible.

Given that we're not yet in December, we're hopefully just a tad before the Christmas rush truly begins. LLL has also historically had the fastest shipping of all the labels (I just checked and Titanic arrived 3 days after dispatch!) so their dispatching team is probably the bottleneck.

Good luck MV and team... we're all counting on you :D

1 hour ago, Josh500 said:

Europe has several time zones. You guys should be more specific! 

London time is not the same as Berlin time or Athens time or Moscow time!

London is not part of europe anyway!

(Or at least thats what it feels like nowadays)

47 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

An “ideal world” would be these releases are available to everyone interested for all time, not more limited

My 'ideal world' situation would be for this and the JP box to be available digitally in perpetuity.

It feels so wrong for them to be limited.

Just now, Richard Penna said:

My 'ideal world' situation would be for this and the JP box to be available digitally in perpetuity.

It feels so wrong for them to be limited.

Agreed.

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

Why do they waste time on Blake Neely anyway? How about ditching everything unimportant and making sure we can get this gem in time? Sorry, but this is not right. I'm very happy to take the risk and have the thing opened by Customs, but then at least make it worth our while. Why isn't WB helping them a bit? Too busy promoting The Fantastic Failure?

Blake Neely is important.

Yeah that's the weird part - I insist in buying physically where possible, only tp never touch the CD ever again :P

But if it's a question of the music remaining available, digitally is the easiest way to do that for future generations.

With the current model,you get an odd situation where the complete scores are out there officially, but no one else can buy them :|

Seriously? How can they do that when it was limited to 5,000 copies?

I would guess that they can press as many as they want as long as they stay within their contract with WB.

I suppose if they went down the numbering/signing route and said there were only 5000 copies, then you could argue that secretly pressing more makes them worth less and would result in some sort of false advertising.

But just being limited.... I guess there isn't an actual legal requirement to stick to the number they give publicly?

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

The limit number is more like... guidelines than actual rules.

Kinda like the US constitution! 😂 

12 minutes ago, crumbs said:

7 hours and 18 minutes.

Thanks! You're our very own clock on this forum... :D

12 minutes ago, Richard Penna said:

I would guess that they can press as many as they want as long as they stay within their contract with WB.

I suppose if they went down the numbering/signing route and said there were only 5000 copies, then you could argue that secretly pressing more makes them worth less and would result in some sort of false advertising.

But just being limited.... I guess there isn't an actual legal requirement to stick to the number they give publicly?

Either it's limited or not. If they say it's limited to 5,000, and then they press double that number, clearly it's not limited to 5,000. 

But personally I don't worry about these albums losing their value. They should press as many copies as possible, but don't call them limited! 

Anybody listening to Harry Potter while waiting for the Harry Potter set to go on sale? :D

With the new set you would have enough music to listen to from now on until it goes on sale, but that is why you are waiting in the first place, so...

29 minutes ago, Incanus said:

Yeah definitely these physical products trump the digital ones for me every time. Which is sort of funny since most of us transfer this stuff into digital form the moment it arrives and rarely listen to the CDs themselves.

Yeah, but that it because we love and cherish the physical stuff so much we don't want it to get damaged or harmed. Plus, of course, it's more convenient.

1 minute ago, Holko said:

Because of these shipping and price things I still haven't fully grasped we're getting 8 goddamn ours of Williams music, half of it unreleased, probably more than an hour not even illegally, with a bunch that was never heard by anyone since it was recorded! That's mental!

If you order SL as well, it'll be 10 hours! 

48 minutes ago, crocodile said:

No, I've got life! ;)

Me too. Who's got a better life, though? :D

3 minutes ago, Holko said:

Two weeks.... Two weeks... calm down...

So you're gonna order from LLL, after all?

I was so hoping they had had the production issues figured out by the Black Friday batch, the 12/7 ship date is so disappointing because it's still going to take them days and days and days to get through all the orders, the start of that process is just put forward 10 days :(

I guess the delayed ship times are just a fact of life now.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I was so hoping they had had the production issues figured out by the Black Friday batch, the 12/7 ship date is so disappointing because it's still going to take them days and days and days to get through all the orders, the start of that process is just put forward 10 days :(

I guess the delayed ship times are just a fact of life now.

Yeah, but isn't the the rule than the exception by now?

I remember they didn't ship JP right away, either. Can't remember how it was with A.I.

2 minutes ago, Holko said:

No, I'm calming your hype down.

Impossible!

6 minutes ago, Josh500 said:

I remember they didn't ship JP right away, either. Can't remember how it was with A.I.

This is not how I remember it, but the best way to be sure is look back at the announcement thread.

I ordered on November 29, 2016 and it shipped on December 5th, 2016.  But in my memory that was because it took them forever to get those initial orders shipped out.