OBI-WAN KENOBI (Disney+ series)

5 hours ago, Pellaeon said:

Someone coaxes Ben off Tatooine just real quick, most likely.

Probably. And in the trailer you see Obi-Wan on another planet, so if he sees Vader again, it won't be on Tatooine.

That indeed wouldn't make sense at all, because than Vader would know where Luke was.

Spoiler

Supposedly Leia is kidnapped and Bail organa begs obi wan for help.

BEWARE SPOILER

12 hours ago, Bespin said:

The key of success for Obi and Yoda was to avoid leaving the Jedi "traces" they talk about in the teaser.

Jedi are jedi, they just can't help aiding people in distress. That's the point of that sentence.

3 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Jedi are jedi, they just can't help aiding people in distress. That's the point of that sentence.

exactly

But then again, it's a prequel... so we know Ben, Yoda, Luke and Leia will be safe.

And we'll probably see Grogu...

I wonder if they will reimagine the "Trials" Yoda passed in the Clone Wars series (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Priestesses)... you know, to learn how to retain his identity after dying... Will the Clone Wars will be "canon" on this point?

38 minutes ago, Bespin said:

exactly

But then again, it's a prequel... so we know Ben, Yoda, Luke and Leia will be safe.

And we'll probably see Grogu...

I wonder if they will reimagine the "Trials" Yoda passed in the Clone Wars series (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Force_Priestesses)... you know, to learn how to retain his identity after dying... Will the Clone Wars will be "canon" on this point?

Unless its stated otherwise (such as SW Visions), any SW media is Canon, so yes Clone Wars is Canon.

and I really hope Qui-Gon's ghost is featured and helps show Obi-Wan how to transfer over as a ghost after death. That would be really cool to see.

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

I really hope Qui-Gon's ghost is featured and helps show Obi-Wan how to transfer over as a ghost after death. That would be really cool to see.

"With just 12 easy payments of 5000 credits...."

1 hour ago, Brando said:

and I really hope Qui-Gon's ghost is featured and helps show Obi-Wan how to transfer over as a ghost after death. That would be really cool to see.

But Qui Gon wasn't able to preserve his physical identity, only his voice... and his false beard.

Well, I did MY RESEARCHES, and it unfortunately appears that Gui-Gon's talking beard indeed appeared to Obi-Wan AND Anakin in Clone Wars, but it was on a "special" planet...

19 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

Ugh, I did not enjoy that story arc

I think it was possible because of the Force of that special planet, I don't think Qui-Gon can appear in Obi Wan's Condo on Tatooine.

They don't even have high speed internet on Tatooine!

There was also a nice scene in the Lego Yoda Chronicles where the force ghost of Qui-Gon joins the force ghosts of Yoda and Obi Wan, and Qui Gon is excited "Great that I can join you. Can I help you somehow?" and Yoda and Obi-Wan look at each other and don't know what to say. Then Yoda hands Qui-Gon a glas of pickles and says "Yes. Could you please open that one?"

3 hours ago, Bespin said:

Well, I did MY RESEARCHES, and it unfortunately appears that Gui-Gon's talking beard indeed appreared to Obi-Wan AND Anakin in Clone Wars, but it was on a "special" planet...

So many shortcuts to good storytelling whens things are fast-tracked.  Same with Yoda being able to physically affect things in VIII.  My goodness, if dead Jedi can do that, why are we having a movie.  

54 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

No Qui-Gon force ghost = no sale

In my head canon the animated stuff does not count, only live action.

;)

You don't consider the prequels canon? 😯

Karol

There was deleted dialogue in the meditation chamber of Yoda in ROTS in the asteroid parturition field, and it was Qui gon telling Yoda the trick for sustaining consciousness after death. I thin it was in the novelization or final script. Or even a raw deleted scene. it was not used because i think Liam neeson didnt want to do it.

So it is possible in this show quigon learns how to become a ghost and teaches obi wan.

As it is in ROTS, yoda says he has spoken to quigon, no mention of voice or ghost so it could be anything,

2 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

it was not used because i think Liam neeson didnt want to do it.

The thing is he did want to do it, and even hinted at it at some point before the film was done shooting. As far as I can tell it's unknown why the scene it was cut. It is however present in the script and novelization as you mentioned as well as an "extended" scene on the Blu-ray (with Ben Burtt doing the voice).

22 minutes ago, Luke Skywalker said:

So it is possible in this show quigon learns how to become a ghost and teaches obi wan.

Qui Gon taught the magic trick to Yoda in the Clone Wars series... and Yoda passed the trials of the Five Force Priestesses... that was weird in the series, but anyway he received the Force's black belt...

Now I think for the TV show it will be cheapier to use Yoda as a teacher for Obi-Wan, than a blue-faded Liam Neeson. :P

I want Qui-Gon to show up at some point in the show... but at the same time, wouldn't it be a little odd if he waited 10 years to finally train Obi-Wan to become a force ghost? If he just shows up to chat that would be great (although it would probably just be his voice as apparently in canon he can't manifest physically like the others, unless they change that.)

If there is some relation to the story quigon could appear in a flashback.

For example, most of the inquisitors are ex jedi or padawans. So there could be a scene with them and obiwan and quigon. I think the inquisitor Reva is named thus because at some point obi wan will recognize her.

I hate to repeat myself but is anyone else getting really annoyed that they haven't announced the composer yet? It's so close to release.

By this point, it's either that they want it to be a big reveal... or they don't have much faith in the original choice and he/she is in the process of being replaced. I hate to be pessimistic but it's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility. 

45 minutes ago, LSH said:

By this point, it's either that they want it to be a big reveal... or they don't have much faith in the original choice and he/she is in the process of being replaced. 

Or they don't care?

2 minutes ago, Fabulin said:

Or they don't care?

Haha, yeah perhaps.

I just really want to know. Now. So I can decide whether or not to care about waiting.

Selfish, I know.

It'll be Hans Zimmer, whose first Star Wars score will be a mix of Interstellar space music with Inception BAAAAUUUMS and a Dune-style wailing woman representing the Tattooine desert.

39 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

It'll be Hans Zimmer, whose first Star Wars score will be a mix of Interstellar space music with Inception BAAAAUUUMS and a Dune-style wailing woman representing the Tattooine desert.

Even before you said this, this is 100% what I hear when people mention Zimmer doing Star Wars. Terrifyingly accurate.

Wishful thinking aside*, there's still a chance it'll be John Powell.

And I'm gonna sit aside and wait for it to happen so I can quote this message after the announcement.

*lots of wishful thinking

17 minutes ago, LSH said:

Wishful thinking aside*, there's still a chance it'll be John Powell.

And I'm gonna sit aside and wait for it to happen so I can quote this message after the announcement.

*lots of wishful thinking

I really hope it is.

1 hour ago, Docteur Qui said:

I can think of a few reasons/thoughts why they haven't announced a composer yet, but nothing that doesn't just fuel more baseless speculation.

- It's a high-profile composer like Powell, Giacchino or JNH who they want to keep under wraps until closer to the premiere in order to bump the news cycle.

- It's an emerging composer, and the media traction they'd get on an announcement isn't much to write home about so they haven't bothered. And if it was Göransson overseeing things again (either solo or with a collaborator) we'd have heard about it by now. He's also probably been too busy with Mando/Boba anyway, so we can safely count him out IMO.

- They want people to really hang onto the fact that Williams composed and recorded the theme, and don't want a composer announcement to overshadow that juicy bit. Many people didn't read the announcement of his involvement very closely and think Williams is coming back for the whole thing anyway.

- With the above in mind, it could be a long-time collaborator of Williams' like Don Davis or William Ross - on his recommendation - and they might want to just keep the illusion that it's Williams and/or in his style so may never make an actual announcement about it, or it's a footnote in a closer press release. 

- I can't see Williams signing off on just anyone to directly adapt a new theme of his, so I keep leaning towards Powell or one of the above. It just makes sense.

- It's Gordy Haab, which.... eh. Great imitator. Haven't heard anything original of his though.

I really love this speculation, thank you for spending the time on providing such an in-depth analysis, haha.

I'd like to spend some time ranking the likelihood of each of these scenarios but I simply don't have the effort.... I just wanna know!

9 hours ago, LSH said:

Haha, yeah perhaps.

I just really want to know. Now. So I can decide whether or not to care about waiting.

Selfish, I know.

Maybe on May the 4th

So if this show is set 10 years after Revenge and 20 years before Star Wars, then why aren't Luke and Leia 30.

The article clearly says Obi-Wan takes place 10 years after and 20 years before.