Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny (Score in the film) - SPOILERS ALLOWED!

Jay

Pulse of the City is reasonably clean in the rear channels, and it's actually a very fun cue! What a shame it wasn't included on the album (even though I understand why, if Williams didn't even write it!)

Sadly not :( But it's intertwined with source music anyway, so I think that was always unlikely.

Who knows if anything from the prologue will be included, potentially not! There's plenty of chunks of new music, but it's constantly interrupted by recycled music from scores 1-4.

I got through the first 30 minutes of the film last night.

Within those first 30 minutes (actually 30 1/2 minutes), there is 21 minutes of score.

The opening Prologue is about 22 minutes long, and contains 18:15 or so of score.

On 14/08/2023 at 10:50 AM, Andy said:

Home Video Release Announcement

August 29. 

Digital only, with discs presumably to follow later. 

The bonus features list John Williams in one of the Making of Chapters. 

No isolated score is listed. 

Has anybody on JWFan purchased the film digitally and watched these bonus features yet?  If I understand correctly, the bonus features are not on Disney+, and only come with a VOD purchase.

19 minutes ago, Jay said:

Appears to be $20 on both Amazon and Vudu so I guess it wouldn't matter?

https://www.justwatch.com/us/movie/indiana-jones-5

Well, I was referring more to downloadability, quality etc.

OK, I just learned I was misinformed; The movie isn't even on Disney+ yet, it only arrived on VOD today.  The Disney+ launch date is not currently known.

So, the featurette very well could be on Disney+, once the movie gets added there.

Isn't the film version just a microedited version of the OST track? It's missing the biggest statement of Helena's Theme.

Unless the film version is To Morocco Again, which might be JW poking fun at writing a revised ending?

14 hours ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

It’s indeed in that scene, but the line is actually “For who?”

also, the music is pitched down for that scene compared to the album version.

Yes, you're right! It's Indy's line. Even though it's unscored in this clip, in the film itself it's scored with the first 47 seconds of New York, 1969 (so that section of the OST track must be the cue For Who... Whom?)

OK got through the Tuk Tuk chase tonight.

So there's 48 minutes of score in the first 68 minutes of the film.  And nothing from the opening NYC section of the film is on the album except some Voller music.

Bill Ross' Pulse of the City cue is GREAT!

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

So there's 48 minutes of score in the first 68 minutes of the film.  And nothing from the opening NYC section of the film is on the album except some Voller music.

Have you checked out the Bonus Features? Is there enough Williams in it to purchase it?

I don't have a clue about any features.  I'm hoping they show up on Disney+ when the film does

7 minutes ago, DangerMotif said:

Have you checked out the Bonus Features? Is there enough Williams in it to purchase it?

A few clips have been released and unfortunately it's full of generic music. The first clip they released used Williams' score for Ancient Syracuse, so I hoped the entire documentary would use JW music. Seems I was wrong.

But it'd still be great to see whatever interview footage with Williams they've done.

7 hours ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

I found this kinda neat. During the second half of the chase when the Tuk Tuk gets sandwiched between the two cars, the percussion (bongos?) from earlier picks up again, but you can't hear it in the film at all. In fact as far as I can tell they appear to be completely muted in the front and center channels.

Full film audio:

Music only:

EDIT: Also in the same cue, gee this sounds awfully familiar...

JESUS THATS CLEAN WHAT

11 hours ago, Jay said:

I think there is about 20 - 30 seconds from the beginning of the Polybius Cipher track that plays when Helana follows Indy from the college to the bar.

1 hour ago, Damien F said:

I think there is about 20 - 30 seconds from the beginning of the Polybius Cipher track that plays when Helana follows Indy from the college to the bar.

I believe that's tracked, because the same music appears again along with the rest of the Polybius Cipher material. That would explain why 'Helena's Tutorial' is in the cue list in two different places.

My little theory is the very opening of the Prologue track is the original cue composed for Helena's introduction.

The FYC album has arrived:

https://debut.disney.com/fyc/twds/movie/indiana-jones-and-the-dial-of-destiny-1687388228406?tab=music

01 - Prologue to Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny 4:58
02 - Helena's Theme 3:30
03 - Germany 1944 4:42
04 - To Morocco 3:21
05 - Voller Returns 3:06
06 - Auction at Hotel L'Atlantique 2:58
07 - Tuk Tuk in Tangiers 2:29
08 - To Athens 2:17
09 - Perils of the Deep 2:31
10 - Water Ballet 2:29
11 - Polybius Cipher 2:29
12 - The Grafikos 1:59
13 - Archemedes Tomb 1:59
14 - The Airport 1:59
15 - Battle of Syracuse 1:59
16 - Centuries Joins Hands 1:29
17 - New York 1969 1:29
18 - Helena's Theme (For Violin and Orchestra) 1:29

The FYC is in 24-bit / 96kHz!!

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

The lengths are different

Many files look corrupted, with a cut ending. Only some files are correct, and have the same contents as the OST:

• 2. Helena's Theme
  • 3. Germany 1944
  • 4. To Morocco
  • 5. Voller Returns
  • 6. Auction at L'Hôtel Atlantique
  • 8. To Athens
  • 9. Perils Of the Deep

Yea it looks like they tried to upload the OST album (in 24bit / 96khz), but 11 tracks got corrupted along the way

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yea it looks like they tried to upload the OST album (in 24bit / 96khz), but 11 tracks got corrupted along the way

Sent an email to inform them! 

Anyone follow any other 2022 scores to know if their FYCs matched their OSTS or not?

I know for 2021 scores, Dune's FYC was definitely different than the OST

35 minutes ago, Jay said:

Anyone follow any other 2022 scores to know if their FYCs matched their OSTS or not?

I know for 2021 scores, Dune's FYC was definitely different than the OST

Wakanda Forever was the same, I think the same for Avatar, all the disney titles and The Batman

It's also possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and re-upload it.

Err... they might put out an updated version that's closer to as in the film, sort of like how Rogue Nation (I know different studio etc.) had like 3 different versions.

I really wanted Fabelmans to have that great "Escape to Nowhere" cue, and was hoping Indy 5 would have more music from the Prologue and NYC sections.  But as soon as I saw Disney not bother with FYCs for their other summer-release movies (BFG's never going on the website and Solo not getting one at all), I had zero hopes that Indy 5 would even get one.