Something Big coming Hint by Mike Matessino

Amer

8 minutes ago, Manakin Skywalker said:

True, but at the same time I'm sure he's been aware for the last decade or more that anything slightly positive he says online is going to be circulated and hyped up :lol:

Fair enough, although I'd feel a little uncomfortable if someone posted screenshots of my Facebook posts on a public forum (not that I post anything there, anyway).

Of course, when you see something like this, it's hard not to get excited and jump to the OP's interpretation of a big expansion being in the works, and I guess those considerations might not come to mind immediately.

Hook on Wax cylinder.

BTW, doesn't mean it's releasing tomorrow, it could be he is going to start working on it tomorrow or something like that.

1 hour ago, DangerMotif said:

OMG! From the CBS archives…. MEGA 20 CD set of Earle Hagen ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW scoring! I am THERE!

(I would seriously spend $200 for such a set, because I love that show and its scoring so much… I’m pretty sure like Hagen on I SPY he did an original thematic orchestral score for every ep.)

Yavar

37 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

OMG! From the CBS archives…. MEGA 20 CD set of Earle Hagen ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW scoring! I am THERE!

(I would seriously spend $200 for such a set, because I love that show and its scoring so much… I’m pretty sure like Hagen on I SPY he did an original thematic orchestral score for every ep.)

Yavar

I would actually buy that.

If it’s Hook, it’s so ironic that this would happen right now of all times. I literally just a few days ago spent $150 on a sealed copy of the 2012 expansion, set to arrive Thursday. :mellow: (I finally hopped back on the CD bandwagon after years of going digital, hence my lateness in getting this.) If so, I’ll just keep this sealed and sell it (albeit I’m sure for less than what I paid). Still, part of me really hopes it is Hook, as part of my reluctance in picking up the 2012 version was the issues I’m well aware of. It’s one of my favorite scores, and it would be so nice to have a definitive release that fixes all the problems and includes all the missing music.

5 hours ago, Amer said:

Today it's quiet, but tomorrow there will be... something that won't feel real to me until then, despite how long it's been in the works.

_Mike Matessino on his Facebook status.

Screenshot_20230927_000225_Facebook.jpg

HEARTBEEPS HOLY MOLY

It could be the long awaited Big Non JW project he had been working on. That's the Big reference I was referring to. Previously I thought that it was THE MUNSTERS LLL release but very recently in a podcast he had again referred to it as coming.

So it's either that or entirely something else.

There is a John Williams London live get-together happening event led by Maurizio and Tim Burden where MM is supposed to join in via online . I wonder if thats it..?

No J Dubs, no sale!

But seriously, I guess this is a soundtrack coming directly from a studio. Interesting. I bet it’s a TV project that won’t interest me as an individual.

He said it wasn't JW related in the podcast. Bond makes a lot of sense, but as someone who spent years believing Rocksteady was working on a Matrix game, only to be disappointed, I'll just wait and see.

1 hour ago, Yavar Moradi said:

What big thing would one of the major (not independent) soundtrack labels be releasing, involving Mike Matessino but not John Williams??

My brain keeps going to a complete John Barry Bond set.

Yavar

Some thing that would open doors would be of immense importance for many things and not just Williams..

And some years ago I actually dreamt that I was holding a box set known as 'The OO7 John Barry Collection' and it had been produced by Matessino and Neil S Bulk.  I woke up and hurriedly emailed Bulk at that time and alas it would be a dream project for him too. 

Could it be that was a premonition. .. WHO KNOWS? ;)

I have a new idea besides Bond.

Mike M has been doing the Universal Classics/Heritage series for the various labels, most recently the Mancini/Goodwin Frenzy twofer for Quartet.

Well? What has Universal got that they might consider to have mass appeal and they would want to keep it for their own in house label and not sublicense out to LLL/Quartet/Intrada? It would have to be either a franchise, or a composer (besides Williams) who is particularly popular outside of just our niche.

My new prediction is a BERNARD HERRMANN AT UNIVERSAL box set. An ERICH WOLFGANG KORNGOLD AT WARNER BROS. set would also be on that level, but I don’t think highly enough about WaterTower Music to be that optimistic, and I don’t think Mike has as close a relationship with WB.

So yeah… premieres of the film recordings for stuff like The Trouble With Harry. Complete Marnie at last (Stylotone seems like a thing of the past, and maybe the Herrmann estate is on board.) Other Hitchcocks like the premiere commercial release of the original recording of Psycho. Whatever he originally recorded of Torn Curtain before Hitchcock shut him down! Premiere licensed release of the original Cape Fear….heck maybe even some Universal TV stuff of Herrmann’s into the bargain too?

Yavar

10 minutes ago, Schilkeman said:

Hugest project of its type in years and not specialty label seems bigger than a Herrmann boxset, which would probably only appeal to nerds like us.

Herrmann has wide cultural appeal beyond just film music fans. And it’s been quite a few years since we had a mega composer box set a la Herrmann at Fox/Rozsa Treasury.

Yavar

2 minutes ago, Yavar Moradi said:

Herrmann has wide cultural appeal beyond just film music fans.

Outside of Psycho, I'm not really sure that's true. I would love to be wrong, however.