HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Also get a general sense that Williams likes writing source/related pieces, or at least arranging/conducting them himself, and therefore he's far more likely to choose to put them on his album

It's either that, or block them from release on expansions! Make up your mind John!

35 minutes ago, Brundlefly said:

Prologue and then Granny Wendy music would have been a nice start for the OST.:wub:

I'll take it further. Open with Granny Wendy, but Wendy's Entrance first. That way you're literally gently being guided into the world.

I do like Williams albums/scores that have some variety to them. For example, his "kitchen sink" approach from Temple of Doom, and Prisoner of Azkaban. The case with Banning Back Home is less clear cut due to the adult contemporary smooth jazz easy listening nature of the piece, but if you do enjoy it, then you can enjoy a more varied listen.

Incidentally I was kind of glad with the Deutsch release that Banning Back Home was still present, but suddenly shorter  ;) 

53 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

I'll take it further. Open with Granny Wendy, but Wendy's Entrance first. That way you're literally gently being guided into the world.

I misread that as open granny Wendy's entrance first.

I'll get my coat.

1 hour ago, bollemanneke said:

That kind of gentle (re-)introduction to a score we actually got with the expansion of Always.

7 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

And is this also the stuff that Didier Deutsch didn't have access to years ago?

Yes

10 minutes ago, Stark said:

Me: I want the Hook release! I even love Banning Back Home!

Mom: we have Banning back home.

Banning back home:

IMG_8964.jpeg

Yeah but he's clearly still out. With some lady friends it would appear. Probably why he's such a terrible father.

10 hours ago, Brundlefly said:

And is this also the stuff that Didier Deutsch didn't have access to years ago?

Not from the 1st generation masters, like was used on the Ultimate Edition. Instead, he grabbed some of those from the film's music stem, complete with its edits and volume dropouts.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:31 PM, Foxfan said:

Same here having ordered from Intrada! Did you hear back from Intrada or La-La Land? I’m missing the 48-page booklet as well! 😢

They apparently just mailed it a few days ago after I emailed them again so fingers crossed

12 hours ago, GerateWohl said:

Maybe JW put it on the album because he just likes Banning Back Home. 

or maybe he just didn’t like banning Banning Back Home. 

13 hours ago, Jay said:

Not from the 1st generation masters, like was used on the Ultimate Edition. Instead, he grabbed some of those from the film's music stem, complete with its edits and volume dropouts.

I might be wrong, but didn't you say at one point that the 2012 edition also used the film stem for the end of Flight to Neverland? Maybe that explains why it didn't make the OST?

2 hours ago, bollemanneke said:

I might be wrong, but didn't you say at one point that the 2012 edition also used the film stem for the end of Flight to Neverland? Maybe that explains why it didn't make the OST?

That wasn't available on the 2012 release, but it was apart of a leak.

The revised ending of Flight To Neverland is certainly on the old edition. I thought it's from the film's music stem on that release, but maybe it's not. I dunno.

The revised version is the film version, yes? If so, its not on the 2012 version. I remember being excited when I got the leak because it had the film ending on it.

6 hours ago, Brando said:

The revised version is the film version, yes? If so, its not on the 2012 version. I remember being excited when I got the leak because it had the film ending on it.

It was on there, you must be thinking of another cue

Well, after a solid three or four weeks listening only to Discs 1 and 2 (and Presenting The Hook Vocal Segment), I think I'm finally ready to listen to Disc 3's main program!

Now that I'm familiar with the score's themes, I can't wait to hear what they sound like in these fabled songs!

Currently I'm in the middle of the program.  I really like the ending of Low Below; I had to replay that bit as soon as I first heard it!

Still haven't listened to it. My copy should have been a Christmas present, but didn't make it in time, so now it's lying at my parents' house until I visit them again.

• 3 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

Or The Book...

The Booklet Thief?