Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

Jay

Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Did you get the Dial of Destiny soundtrack on the CD format before it sold out?

• Yes, I pre-ordered the CD from Disney Emporium in June/July
    • No, because the order page was removed before I could order it there
    • No, because I assumed it would be sold through other retailers in August
    • No, because I do not want to own this album on CD
    • Yes, but only when it returned for sale for briefly in August

1 hour ago, mstrox said:

Just got a shipping notice for the CD I picked up 8/24.

Maybe you’ll get another one. 

3 hours ago, LB Makes Stuff said:

I didn’t get an email for the changed date, this is the first email I’ve received since the initial purchase email.

They didn't bother to send any email about the change of date, we figured out by checking the order page.

11 hours ago, ciarlese said:

They didn't bother to send any email about the change of date, we figured out by checking the order page.

I got an email informing me about the first vinyl delay in September (to which my initial CD order is apparently bound). But no update email thereafter.

Even though I listened to the album on Spotify many times I am really looking forward to holding this disk in my hands. I very very much like this score. It has some of the best renditions ever of the Raider's March and Helena's Theme might be undeserved for the character but it is a wonderful piece of music.

Best score of the year for me.

1 hour ago, Richard Penna said:

Had all these delays been regarding a 2-CD expansion, this would be rather exciting, but finally getting a shipping notice for an album we've had for months? There's some anticlimaxism here.

This is the most recent JW original soundtrack album. Almost everyone in this forum has been collecting JW albums for decades. This CD is crucial in everyone's collection here. And the way Disney has managed this release is disgraceful.

In fact, I am sorry for you if you can't see any reason for the excitement here.

Oh, I agree that the handling of this release is now beyond unacceptable. I park my oft apologist stance in this case - it's ridiculous.

I'm not unexcited, but I can't join in with the herd excitement of receiving a CD, I'm afraid. The music is what matters most to me.

4 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Had all these delays been regarding a 2-CD expansion, this would be rather exciting, but finally getting a shipping notice for an album we've had for months? There's some anticlimaxism here.

Yeah. it is pretty anticlimactic. And depressing that even someone as big as John Williams' doesn't automatically receive a world wide release of their soundtrack album on CD anymore and we have to wait months for them to press new ones.

Disney will have the enormous profit boost of JWFans buying the Blu-ray release of the film for the score-only track in December though. :P

2 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Oh, I agree that the handling of this release is now beyond unacceptable. I park my oft apologist stance in this case - it's ridiculous.

I'm not unexcited, but I can't join in with the herd excitement of receiving a CD, I'm afraid. The music is what matters most to me.

Hey I'm a die hard JW collector and right now I only care about the upcoming iso score.

At least I can put the c.d. on my shelf to gather dust but it does feel like an afterthought

20 minutes ago, King Mark said:

At least I can put the c.d. on my shelf to gather dust but it does feel like an afterthought

I am at least completing a series - I have the Concord box and now this. It's partly why I went ahead and ordered it - I don't often have a completist mentality (I threw Potter completism out the window when I decided Desplat's scores weren't for me) but when I find I've 'accidentally' achieved it, it feels right to finish it.

49 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

But why?

Exactly.

50 minutes ago, GerateWohl said:

But why?

Disney: Because we don’t want you to have it that’s why!!!

57 minutes ago, scallenger said:

That and the parks don't carry soundtrack CDs or CDs of any kind anymore. Not even park albums.

I remember purchasing the Back to the Future Part II soundtrack CD at Universal Studios Hollywood at the BTTF Ride’s official merch shop in ‘97 or ‘99. 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:45 PM, JTW said:

Just checked in to see if I’m still the only person on this forum who hasn’t ordered this CD. 

No, there’s this other guy as well who keeps having bad luck with timing the random “back in stock” windows.

When I checked on UPS and saw the Nov. 9th date, it had been a day since getting the email from Disney (I waited a day because my CD hadn’t been cleared by UPS yet), so I never saw that specific message. But your order is fine I imagine, they have the shipping data, but are probably just stacked up with other shipments.

7 hours ago, ciarlese said:

This is what I have, should I worry? 😕

Screenshot_2023-11-05-23-31-48-900_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Mine was like that for….about one month i think. Are you in the US or overseas? Some overseas shippings have come very late.

I placed my order for LP and CD long time ago and still waiting. Have you ordered both of them in the same order and received it? Because I'm starting to worry about it.

8 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

Mine was like that for….about one month i think. Are you in the US or overseas? Some overseas shippings have come very late.

I am in the UK.

5 hours ago, Richard Penna said:

Decent updates here. I'd hope it's left the country by now.

image.png

Good for you. I am still stuck at step two, reporting only one hour delay compared to yours 🙄.