HOOK (1991) - NEW! 2023 3-CD Ultimate Edition Produced, Edited, and Mastered by Mike Matessino featuring all Williams/Bricusse songs

Jay

17 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I try to include all the stuff from the cover in a parenthetical after the title, so for me this will be Hook (Original Soundtrack - The Ultimate Edition)

That is close-ish to what I’ve done. I’ve usually followed the iTunes methodology of “Film Name (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) [Whatever Edition]”, but occasionally releases like this one make me tempted to rethink that, and to just use the plainest reading of the cover/whatever name the label promotes it as.

Primarily because of just how prominent “The Ultimate Edition” is in this case; it comes across as more a part of the actual title than just version information. But idk, I’m still undecided.

I finally got an update… Due to it being temporarily out of stock, my order has been canceled and refunded…

In all seriousness, LLL Employee2 has sent me a package. :woop:

2 minutes ago, JohnnyD said:

I finally got an update… Due to it being temporarily out of stock, my order has been canceled and refunded…

In all seriousness, LLL Employee2 has sent me a package. :woop:

Hey, I thought this was serious and we weren’t joking about it! Just kidding, happy for you. :lol:

I ordered from Intrada and it's now showing temporarily out of stock, so I guess I will only get this well into the 1st quarter of 2024. I wonder whether Intrada actually received any stock from LLL.

With this release temporarily out of stock, I now wonder how long it’ll be before it goes OOP. The first Hook expansion infamously went OOP in, like, hours, if memory serves…

1 hour ago, JTWfan77 said:

I ordered from Intrada and it's now showing temporarily out of stock, so I guess I will only get this well into the 1st quarter of 2024. I wonder whether Intrada actually received any stock from LLL.

I just got a shipping notice from Intrada, so as long as you ordered before it was out of stock you should get a shipping notice soon.

Likewise though, I'm not expecting to see this in 2023. It'll be stuck in the Christmas backlog for weeks :(

17 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

With this release temporarily out of stock, I now wonder how long it’ll be before it goes OOP. The first Hook expansion infamously went OOP in, like, hours, if memory serves…

Oh god....

Still nothing since order went to Await Fulfilment on 30th.

unlikely to arrive in the UK now before Christmas, or even this year with what the post is like these days.

oh well, hopefully the podcasts are coming soon to bridge the gap before mine arrives and I can join in the listening.

on the plus side, this has obviously been a big seller along with the othe BF titles, so congrats to LLL and hope it’s a nice end of the year for them.

just hope they don’t break for Christmas until my order has shipped lol…

55 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

The first Hook expansion infamously went OOP in, like, hours, if memory serves…

The previous Hook release was released in March of 2012 and went OOP in July of 2014, so it was in print for about 28 months.  All 5,000 copies sold.

7 minutes ago, bollemanneke said:

Wait, wasn't it only OOP in 2015 and didn't they only sell 3,500 batches in the first week? God knows why with it being the flawed presentation it is.

Was that the situation? I’m only recalling what I read on this forum years ago (as I wasn’t yet collecting JW hardcore in 2012 and wasn’t there for that release). Even so, 3500 units in a week is still pretty amazing. 

42 minutes ago, Martin B. said:

just hope they don’t break for Christmas until my order has shipped lol…

They definitely fulfil all orders before closing down for Christmas. You just have to get the order in before their cut-off (Dec 19 from memory).

9 hours ago, Bayesian said:

The first Hook expansion infamously went OOP in, like, hours, if memory serves…

This is not true. I distinctly remember MV saying how it was selling like hotcakes for the first few weeks and then it was literally cricket city for months thereafter. Unless you mean the first pressing only?

54 minutes ago, JTWfan77 said:

This is not true. I distinctly remember MV saying how it was selling like hotcakes for the first few weeks and then it was literally cricket city for months thereafter. Unless you mean the first pressing only?

Yeah, I was misremembering.

I have not received an answer from either email I sent them. It’s been a couple days. I don’t want to bother them, but I am worried my about my item and would like confirmation that the address line can be changed and it can be sent back to me. What do you guys think I should do?

13 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Was that the situation? I’m only recalling what I read on this forum years ago (as I wasn’t yet collecting JW hardcore in 2012 and wasn’t there for that release). Even so, 3500 units in a week is still pretty amazing. 

At the peak of the limited release era, a few thousand copies of a popular score would indeed sell out within hours. I think Hook taking over two years to sell 5,000 was already the beginning of the decline.

16 hours ago, crumbs said:

They definitely fulfil all orders before closing down for Christmas. You just have to get the order in before their cut-off (Dec 19 from memory).

You say that, but a few years ago, my BF order got missed and didn't ship until the new year.... so it can happen. I did get a complementary CD as as an apology which was nice, but yes, I may be a little paranoid that it'll happen again.

They must have gotten a crazy amount of orders if they are still shipping orders that came in on the first day. I ordered around 24hours after it went live, so on the 28th. 8 days on and they are still shipping orders from that first 24 hours..... That's a lot of orders.

I'll be honest, I was gonna wait to order until I'd at least seen the movie again (which I haven't done in years; I think I've only ever seen it once) and gotten more familiar with the score.  (the only thing I'd previously known about Hook's score was Holko's video and the fact that everyone here wanted it)

I don't normally blind-buy scores, but I might have to make an exception with this one (once it's back in stock, of course), especially if my window of opportunity is smaller than I'd initially thought it would be.

@Jay and anybody else with more knowledge, I am debating which cover art to use for my Apple Music library. Which is preferable: the physical album cover, or the booklet cover with Drew Struzan's iconic artwork? I am leaning slightly towards the latter, but wanted a second opinion.

This release and the fact that I have to wait quite some time before mine arrives have made me want to revisit the film again.

I have fond memories as it was the very first LaserDisc I ever acquired and the first Dolby Surround track I got to listen to on my new shiny Dolby Pro-Logic set up. I recall the thrill of hearing a pirates chorus of "Good morning Mr. Smee!" echoing around my room from five speakers. The Ultimate War (and it's score) sounded incredible!

Such happy times.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

Use the Struzan cover for the new main program and the outer cover for Disc 3

Thanks. However, I never use alternate cover art for separate discs. As a single album, I believe there should be one cover art to represent the entire soundtrack. I will be using the Struzan cover.

2 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

I'll be honest, I was gonna wait to order until I'd at least seen the movie again (which I haven't done in years; I think I've only ever seen it once) and gotten more familiar with the score.  (the only thing I'd previously known about Hook's score was Holko's video and the fact that everyone here wanted it)

I don't normally blind-buy scores, but I might have to make an exception with this one (once it's back in stock, of course), especially if my window of opportunity is smaller than I'd initially thought it would be.

I didn't see the film until adulthood, and I have no particular love of it. But the score is fantastic!

3 hours ago, ThePenitentMan1 said:

I was gonna wait to order until I'd at least seen the movie again (which I haven't done in years; I think I've only ever seen it once)

Its on YouTube for free right now!

Okay, I prepared a listening order since I have to do something while waiting for my shipment e-mail:

0-01 We Don't Wanna Grow Up
0-02 Childhood
0-03 When You're Alone - Moira's Lullaby
0-04 Low Below - Pirate Sequence
0-05 The Never Song
0-06 Mothers
0-07 Stick With Me
0-08 Believe
1-01 Hook Prologue (Extended Version)
1-02 We Don't Wanna Grow Up (Extended Version)
1-03 Banning Back Home (Film Version)
1-04 God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
1-05 Wendy's Entrance
1-06 The Bedroom
1-07 The Nursery Scene
1-08 Saying Goodnight
1-09 Hook Returns to Kensington
1-10 Hook Is Back
1-11 Forgotten How To Fly
1-12 The Stories Are True
1-13 The Arrival of Tink
1-14 The Flight to Neverland
1-15 Pirate Town and Presenting the Hook
1-16 Hook's Entrance
1-17 Draw Your Sword!
1-18 Peter's Challenge
1-19 From Mermaids to Lost Boys (Film Version)
1-20 Enter Rufio
1-21 The Lost Boy Chase
1-22 The Face of Pan
1-23 Hook's Epiphany
1-24 Smee's Plan
1-25 Pick 'Em Up
1-26 The Never-Band
1-27 Hook's Lesson
1-28 The Banquet
1-29 The Never-Feast (Film Version)
1-30 When You're Alone
1-31 Goodnight Neverland
2-01 Stop That Clock!
2-02 Take Me Out To The Ball Game
2-03 Home Run and Follow That Shadow
2-04 Peter Remembers (The Flying Sequence)
2-05 You Are The Pan (Film Version)
2-06 Tink Grows Up
2-07 The Ultimate War (Film Version)
2-08 Death of Rufio
2-09 The Sword Fight and the End of Hook
2-10 Farewell Neverland
2-11 Hook End Credits and Exit Music
3-01 Hook Prologue
3-02 Banning Back Home (Extended Version)
3-03 The Stories Are True (Alternate)
3-04 The Arrival of Tink (Alternate)
3-05 The Flight to Neverland (Alternate)
3-06 Pirate Sequence (Instrumental)
3-07 Presenting the Hook (Vocal Version Segment)
3-08 Hook's Entrance (Alternate)
3-09 From Mermaids to Lost Boys
3-10 The Lost Boy Chase (Alternate)
3-11 The Face of Pan (Choral Version)
3-12 Smee's Concertina Medley
3-13 The Never-Feast
3-14 When You're Alone (Instrumental)
3-15 Remembering Childhood
3-16 The Ultimate War
3-17 Farewell Neverland (Short Version - Alternate)
3-18 Hook Exit Music (Alternate)

I’ve emailed LLL three times now. The tracking said it arrived back at LLL yesterday. I still haven’t heard anything. Idk what to do and I’m very anxious about it. 

I understand the error is mine but I’d really just like verification that someone has seen my email and whether something can be done. I don’t think my messing up line 1 of my address should justify my being out 48 bucks. I’m just really stressed about it now, it’s been days. I don’t want to call them but I don’t know what else to do.

10 minutes ago, blondheim said:

I’ve emailed LLL three times now. The tracking said it arrived back at LLL yesterday. I still haven’t heard anything. Idk what to do and I’m very anxious about it. 

I understand the error is mine but I’d really just like verification that someone has seen my email and whether something can be done. I don’t think my messing up line 1 of my address should justify my being out 48 bucks. I’m just really stressed about it now, it’s been days. I don’t want to call them but I don’t know what else to do.

Not sure if you have a Fb account, but you could try messaging them there. I had a similar situation of trying and failing to get a hold of them via email a couple months back, but they responded after I messaged them on Fb.

On 06/12/2023 at 10:38 PM, Tydirium said:

OCD time: for iTunes/digital music library purposes, what are you guys titling this album?

1. “Hook (Original Soundtrack) [The Ultimate Edition]”

2. “Hook (Original Soundtrack / The Ultimate Edition)”

3. “Hook”

4. “Hook (2023 La-La Land)”

5. “Hook: The Ultimate Edition”

6. “Hook - The Ultimate Edition” (alternatively with an en dash, like how LLL has it)

7. Either 5. or 6. but with “(Original Soundtrack)” tacked on the end

8. Something else?

I tend to follow a simplistic approach with my film scores on digital:

Title (Album)

Title (Expanded)

Title (Complete)

Title (New Recording)

Title (Bootleg)

Title (Album - Remaster)

etc.

For multi-film sets, such are Quartet's new Heidi/Jane Eyre, I split them into separate albums with unique artwork.

For genre metadata, I use "film music", "television music", or "game music".

59 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Not sure if you have a Fb account, but you could try messaging them there. I had a similar situation of trying and failing to get a hold of them via email a couple months back, but they responded after I messaged them on Fb.

This worked! Thank you so much. I feel such a weight lifted

phew